Photo

Crossroads

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lin

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:04 PM

I will try to keep this short, but I understand the need for you to know what is going on, and the management of this community has always tried to communicate to its members, so I'll give it my best shot. 

There was a disagreement in the new Core group about how to transition the community to a new website and forum. That disagreement unfortunately led to a crossroads, and while I do not know how many folks will be leaving, there likely will be some. Any of you who are Discord members will have already received Trel's outgoing announcement, which is why I am posting this.

There are no "sides" in this development. Those leaving have spent countless hours and money here, made a home here, and made many friends, and I will not hear anything negative said about any of them, as it is not deserved. Everything that was done in the interest of moving forward and building a new future was for the best interest of MoonGamers. We simply hit a hiccup in the transition. Any who wish to return will be welcomed back in, without hesitation.

Website & Forums
We are going to continue forward transitioning this community. The forum will be backed up and upgraded. MoonGamers.org is back and will be used for R&D purposes (research & development). Hopefully we will be able to build a new website that we can bring over to .com and refresh this place. To that end, we will be looking for a new webmaster to take care of the new build.

Servers
Our BF1942 server has been coming back nicely considering the age of the game, and the issues we have had both with the heartbeat laggy gameplay for several years (fixed), and other issues with maps and staff (fixed). This has been, and always will be, a Battlefield 1942 community, sharing resources for other games to also find a home here. As far as the Arma servers go, I know nothing about running Arma3. I will do my best to dig in and find out how to run it, but it's possible that server may need to be closed. I do know how to run ARMA2 but am way behind the times in what has been done. I will do the best I can with that server, but to that end, we will be looking for a new ARMA techie to take care of those. If we cannot locate one, then both ARMAs face an uncertain future. 

The Future
I still fully intend to step away from the management of this community. It is past time for me, and I have interests outside of MoonGamers (it's called Life) that I wish to pursue. All of this just means it may take longer than I would have preferred. My plan was to stay through the transition, help to market the new community, and then step back to enjoy the gaming when I had time to play. Some may know the old saying: Man makes his plans, and God laughs. C'est la vie. 
Since I can't step back until we find new staff, I will have to moderate my time between everything that needs it; that includes MoonGamers and my home life, which currently includes cleaning out a lifetime of crap and preparing the house for a major remodel. Please understand if I am not available right away at times. 

Thanks to everyone for what you do here. 

• Jubilee, Rubulator, Bob Dobbs and 3 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com