Photo

Plane Grounding Rule

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MonkeySpank

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:29 PM

Hey all,

I wanted to say I really enjoy playing on the server and I'm glad to get the chance, thanks for having me!

Had a question though, was wondering about the plane grounding rule. I was playing on Market Garden and was flying, going on a little bit of a streak. I was told I had to stop flying and go ground the rest of the round. I could be getting this wrong but I think it was because I had over 25 air kills. Just seemed like a bit of a depressing rule, I don't mind doing ground but I definitely like flying more. Is this a permanent rule or just hopefully temporary?

Again, really enjoy playing on the server - I'll follow whatever rules apply but was just hoping to maybe get this one reconsidered. I can appreciate if not everyone agrees with me on this, I just thought I would ask.

Thanks!

• Rubulator likes this

#2 Lin

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:57 PM

Thank you for asking!

This can be a tough call for admins. We invoke this rule if there is a "beat down" going on, if more than one pilot are on the same side, if air is killing the game for the other side, generally if it's causing an issue with overall management of the server. It will not be used all of the time, and it will depend on several factors, not all listed here. It's not a fun rule to enforce, but for the time being, we feel it's better to do this than to have a "never" basecamping rule.

We appreciate you bringing your questions here rather than trying to challenge an admin on the server. We'll provide brief answers in the game server of course, but we'd rather reserve it for gaming, and use this forum for questions. :)

• Rubulator and Spare Parts like this

#3 MonkeySpank

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:21 PM

Ok I understand, makes sense.

Thanks for the info!

• Rubulator and Highway Man like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com