Photo

Mine is Bigger than Yours

VOTE!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Mne is Bigger than Yours (24 member(s) have cast votes)

What did your ping do?

1. Up more than 20 ping (9 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Up more than 10 ping (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Ping stayed essentially the same (1 votes [4.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

4. Down more than 10 ping (1 votes [4.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

5. Down more than 20 ping (13 votes [54.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:54 PM

Got onto the new server tonight. Pretty happy to find a decrease of about 20 ping.
I haven't seen my game run this smooth in years. No longer having to aim ahead of players a bit to hit them!

• posi likes this

#22 Eliminator

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

I used to get between 50 - 55. I'm getting about 35 - 40 ping now. I've seen no lag or crashes so far and hit reg is better. :) 

• posi likes this

#23 pinchythelobster

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:44 AM

I’m up to 76-ish now. I would not think it would mean needing 5 tank shells to kill one infy. I guess I’ve been spoiled and need to learn to adjust. Still having fun and that’s what’s counts.

#24 Colonel Tavington

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:12 AM

I LOVE THE NEW SERVER

#25 Highway Man

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:25 AM

I’m up to 76-ish now. I would not think it would mean needing 5 tank shells to kill one infy. I guess I’ve been spoiled and need to learn to adjust. Still having fun and that’s what’s counts.

same here

#26 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:37 AM

I have been reluctant to reply on this thread.

Mine is Bigger than Yours

Started by a women. I just can't seem to wrap my mind around what Lin is getting at?  :) :)

• Grassy and Hairy Russian Dude like this

#27 Renlist

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:10 PM

Let me guess, the people voting 20ms less ping are nearer the east coast or from Europe. 

#28 Lin

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:15 PM

Yes, and those of us pinging 20ms more are on the west coast or from Japan.

Tomorrow's geography lesson will be on new Canada ping and the increased Brazilian ping. Then please study for your history and math lessons.

That's all for today.

• Grassy, mistamontiel, coffeeassassin and 1 other like this

#29 mistamontiel

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:19 AM

L0L

#30 Highway Man

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:23 AM

Tomorrow's geography lesson will be on new Canada ping and the increased Brazilian ping. Then please study for your history and math lessons.

That's all for today.

200w.gif200w.gif

#31 Angerfist

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:29 PM

Besides that the server feels way more stable, it lowered my ping between 20 and 30 points.

It really feels different, way better than the old one. Way less of a lottery if I hit / reg or not. Good stuff.

It's really a difference if I play with 130 - 140 or 105 - 120.

#32 Renlist

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:35 AM

With lower ping, naturally the gameplay might be smoother.  Also, your net connect routers to the server might be not be as many,  

With higher ping, there's nothing the new server can do hardware wise.  It is what it is.

As far as the new server  goes, I'll be watching for the frequency of disconnects, than having to playing the same map again, which is bound to happen from time to time.

#33 posi

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:24 AM

We do appreciate that!  Thanks!!

#34 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:50 AM

That's all for today.

If we need extra help. Can you stay late after class and help some of us? :wasnt-me:

• Highway Man likes this

#35 Lin

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:42 PM

LOL...um, no. :D

#36 Renlist

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:47 PM

Anyways, let's hear about some of you getting much better ping and not having to lead your shots so much.  Mine went from 49ms to 85ms.

I am adjusting to the lead factor.  Anyone of you getting...like...20ms or less, let's hear about that!   Must be cool not needing to lead your head shots and all.

In the olden days of BF1942, there were so many populated servers,  you could easily find a low ping server near you.  To sum up, today, I join another  USA BF1942  server and my ping to that server is as low as 15ms.  It's night and day as far as having to lead your shots, heh.  Them were the good ole days.

So...anyone digging their  better ping?  I'm talking 30ms or lower. That's how it should be for all.

#37 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:44 AM

Anyways, let's hear about some of you getting much better ping and not having to lead your shots so much.  Mine went from 49ms to 85ms.

I am adjusting to the lead factor.  Anyone of you getting...like...20ms or less, let's hear about that!   Must be cool not needing to lead your head shots and all.

In the olden days of BF1942, there were so many populated servers,  you could easily find a low ping server near you.  To sum up, today, I join another  USA BF1942  server and my ping to that server is as low as 15ms.  It's night and day as far as having to lead your shots, heh.  Them were the good ole days.

So...anyone digging their  better ping?  I'm talking 30ms or lower. That's how it should be for all.

Okay, have fun over there ;)

P.S. If ping really mattered that much, why would we have a lot of high pingers playing on our server?

• Highway Man likes this

#38 Lin

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:00 AM

I remember those good old days. We started in Kansas and I think my ping was in the 40s there. Then, we moved to the east coast. Several of our members were in the military and had shipped out to Germany. Several other members were across the pond. My ping went up to where it is now, and I learned to play with it there, so I do feel your pain. But I got really good at it, and for me...I actually started scoring pretty well before planes and alt and loop bombing finally drove me to a new game.

We offer something different from the other servers...we always have. It may be the camaraderie, the map mods, the admins...I'm not sure what it is, but folks have been coming back for years. Some have been banned for many years just to get older and see the light, and finally stop whatever activity would get them banned in order to come back.

As I mentioned before, we won't always run the server exactly like everyone wants. Sometimes we choose not to do something because we've tried it in the past and we know it didn't work for us. That would be a lesson learned, just not every player will know or understand that.

Whether it's here or in another server, I hope you find a game that brings you the most fun. :)

• Highway Man likes this

#39 Lin

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:07 AM

With lower ping, naturally the gameplay might be smoother.  Also, your net connect routers to the server might be not be as many,  

With higher ping, there's nothing the new server can do hardware wise.  It is what it is.

As far as the new server  goes, I'll be watching for the frequency of disconnects, than having to playing the same map again, which is bound to happen from time to time.

I missed this one. I'm sorry, but you're wrong, Ren. Going from a SATA drive, that we were on before, to SSD which the new server is on has made a world of difference for all players. The stutter is gone, the maps are loading a bit faster, the regs are better. It has nothing to do with ping, but there are server settings and hardware that can increase the playability of the game for all who connect, no matter where they connect from. We've already felt that difference in the new server.

I've been here doing back end server work since MoonGamers, this last charter server of the great game of Battlefield 1942, started in February 2004. I know of which I speak.

• mistamontiel likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com