Photo

Now's the time for allowing map voting, adding bots

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Renlist

Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:43 AM

Server dying . Is it not?   AM I NOT MERCIFULL !!!!!  

No real harm done allowing map voting, especially during less populated times. Agree?  Spamming map votes usually doesn't happen with whoever joins now and wants a better map by pressing the 7 key.  As to including bots on massively large maps, not a bad idea either. 

Say what?

"Suggestion considered",  99.765% chance it won't be implemented.  Turn that dial to another server maybe.

OKAY!

#2 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:37 AM

We're doing (going to do) both those things in our own way.

#3 Renlist

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:37 AM

I stayed around for two 45 min rounds to keep the action going.  Consider reducing the map times please, along with the new changes.  45 minutes is just too long.

Then some admin joins and extends Market Garden's timer two more times, then splits once he/she has had enough. Sever empties out afterwards.

Urge to turn the dial rising.  

BTW. GameTracker.    Did this server owne/r change the name of Moongamers to "unnamed" ?

#4 Grassy

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:50 AM

edited

• xdoublex and Highway Man like this

#5 Spare Parts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:50 AM

• Captain John H. Miller, coffeeassassin and Highway Man like this

#6 Highway Man

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:02 AM

My  $0.02  worth, I haven't really noticed a decrease in players. And it might take some time for EU players  to "find" moongamer's if they did not know about the IP change. since they moved to the east coast, so more EU players could have a better experience (ping)

Correct me if i'm wrong somewhere. I don't think it came out exactly like i meant it :) 

#7 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:15 AM

My  $0.02  worth, I haven't really noticed a decrease in players. And it might take some time for EU players  to "find" moongamer's if they did not know about the IP change. since they moved to the east coast, so more EU players could have a better experience (ping)

Correct me if i'm wrong somewhere. I don't think it came out exactly like i meant it :)

There is a slight drop in players, but it is not just because of the server move. Before the move we just hit a 10 average of players in gametracker, now (a week after the move) we're at a 7 average. Checking the other servers on GT; the main Simple server has dropped 2 average in the last week and so has the other US server. The probable cause I can see is the summertime has started and people go outside more. If you take that into account, we might have lost 1 on average because of the server move.

• posi and Highway Man like this

#8 Spare Parts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:03 PM

No real harm done allowing map voting, especially during less populated times. Agree?  Spamming map votes usually doesn't happen with whoever joins now and wants a better map by pressing the 7 key.  As to including bots on massively large maps, not a bad idea either. 

Say what?

"Suggestion considered",  99.765% chance it won't be implemented.  Turn that dial to another server maybe.

OKAY!

Are you in favor of kick voting? You are making a case for it.

• Highway Man likes this

#9 Renlist

Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:36 PM

Ren,

I have tuned in to that other server you play on with the 14 ping you have and that is is flooded with bots, and when they give the !botsoff command there is about 5 per-side playing.... not to mention the level of skill against live opponents, well lets just say my 8 year old could place and get a medal...I sniped about 15 players that were bots in about 5 minutes ...very boring. Ping isn't everything Ren, Competition and teamwork is!  AS  well as conversation with long time friends..

When there are 5 vs.5 there, it's a CTF match .  It beats 5 vs 5 this place on some giant map for 45 minutes.  You don't like shooting easy pickings bots?  That CTF timer is set at 30 minutes or whoever gets to 11 captured flags. Sometimes the timer is turned off until one team reaches 11.

It gets some late nite joiners.  

• Hairy Russian Dude likes this

#10 Renlist

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:32 PM

Say what?

OKAY!

Are you in favor of kick voting? You are making a case for it.

Hell no, what made you think that?  There are, however, those that put up a map vote very near the end of a well played map, just to try to instantly end the match. It's a somewhat legit way of griefing everyone else.  10/10 that vote fails.  

That happens in another game I play.  L4D.  We're within seconds. about to board the chopper on the finale map, when someone votes to change the map to another.  It's a legit way to grief.  If you have joiners who are cool, then we all vote to go from 5 vs. 5 El Alemein to a smaller map, like Berlin or Stalingrad (CTF sometimes, Conquest sometimes).   Conquest maps might have bots, but who cares?  They are dumb, but accurate at times.

#11 xdoublex

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:36 PM

No bots tonight and we had a 5v5 going and it was a blast.  

#12 Renlist

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:21 AM

That's nice.  5 vs.5.  What map was that?    

#13 posi

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:26 AM

I found them in berlin, engy kits ..  I think Moss took video.

#14 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:45 AM

No bots tonight and we had a 5v5 going and it was a blast.  

Ha!!!!!!!!!!

Look what the cat dragged in.  :)

You are lucky I wasn't there X times 2.

Hope all is well for you.

#15 xdoublex

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:51 PM

That's nice.  5 vs.5.  What map was that?    

Renlist - Moongamer Admin's know what they are doing.  They have had probably, the most successful servers in the history of 1942.  Last night we were in Berlin.  We had a Engy/Rifle fight, and before that a few of us were having knife fights.

Everyone has life and gets busy.  It's not going to be perfect but enjoy when you get a chance to play with some players.  I agree with Grassy above. 

!moon4life

• Grassy and Highway Man like this

#16 Grassy

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:21 PM

Ren,

I have tuned in to that other server you play on with the 14 ping you have and that is is flooded with bots, and when they give the !botsoff command there is about 5 per-side playing.... not to mention the level of skill against live opponents, well lets just say my 8 year old could place and get a medal...I sniped about 15 players that were bots in about 5 minutes ...very boring. Ping isn't everything Ren, Competition and teamwork is!  AS  well as conversation with long time friends..

I made this statement after only playing there a couple of times.. still not real crazy about the bot thing..its bearable though...and actually seems to draw some folks.   Skill level is actually depending who is on,  just as any server.,.I have been seeing old faces that used to play as well.  Hopefully some will come back,.

#17 Lin

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:44 PM

Map voting has some built in glitches that we don't find attractive, so I doubt that one will happen. We do have admins either in the server or watching the logs the majority of the time, so if players make it known they want a new map, we'll do our best to accommodate as long as the majority of the players on the server want the same thing.

I think I heard something about bots coming back, but I don't know the particulars yet.

• posi and Grassy like this

#18 Highway Man

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:56 PM

I think I heard something about bots coming back, but I don't know the particulars yet.

I HOPE bots aren't added.... It's very humiliating to get knifed by one (trust me I know) :cowmoo:

#19 posi

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:25 PM

Servers with map vote..   7 minutes into a 45 minute round a map vote pops up, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another.

Spend more time getting the pop-up off the screen then you do playing.  In a word..    Ignorant.  

#20 Grassy

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:49 AM

Servers with map vote..   7 minutes into a 45 minute round a map vote pops up, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another.

Spend more time getting the pop-up off the screen then you do playing.  In a word..    Ignorant.  

Admins here are really good about keeping an eye on the server as well as keeping their fingers on the pulse of the server.   Map voting is only good when there is no coverage, however no coverage isn't an issue.  The biggest downfall about voting as Posi stated is the pop-ups. They can mean live or die in a dogfight or any intense encounter with the opposite team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com