Photo

I wish this would be enforced

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Highway Man

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:18 PM

Base Camping:

Admins may enforce a no camping rule on CQ maps where both teams have an uncappable base and when one team has no other flags/spawn points.  If an admin warns you or the server to vacate the enemy’s base, please do so.

This rule is meant to prevent prolonged and unbearable base camping.  If an admin is not enforcing the rule, it means that camping is allowed.

got really old really quick this evening on B axe, especially when you have several tanks and a wespe constasntly bombarding the main, and planes constantly dive bombing.

Im just looking for some clarification why it's not enforced more. :confused-smiley-013:

#2 bondmaster

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:55 PM

The rule is only enforced if one team has all the flags...however ultimately it is up to the judgement of the admin to decide if the rule should be enforced. We're there admins on and how long was the team down to one spawn point?
  • Rubulator likes this

#3 Rubulator

Posted 27 April 2018 - 11:00 PM

Hi HM.
My experience is that it will be enforced. (Admins correct me pls if I'm wrong) 

1. When an admin is present and tagged. An untagged admin is playing the game, not admining. And there are many reasons for why that may be the case. 
​    I know when I'm avail to admin. If I'm tired and cranky I wont admin. If I've been... Indulging in a mind altering substance. Or I simply want to enjoy a round.

2. CQ map with 2 uncaps and not SW or RTR

3. Are all the flags capped(white is not capped). And if a flag keeps popping back and forth (white/capped) in a short time, likely play continues as normal.

​It's also subjective how to view "prolonged and unbearable base camping". Personally if I dont see the "unbearable suffering team" trying to break out. That plays into my thought. Also I've seen the dominant team use restraint on thier own and not really be "camping" the downtrodden base locked bunch(yes a lil humor... sorry). That also plays into my evaluation.

​But if the shut-ins are truly being pounded relentlessly with no hope for a brighter future. I would invoke the rule... And of course you can use the admin on call topic to let admins that are available know trouble is afoot.

Hope this helps... PeAcE... Rub   

• Highway Man likes this

#4 posi

Posted 27 April 2018 - 11:35 PM

Highway Man would be likely be prompted to speak after an earlier round Battleaxe.  I was on the server tagged..  8 to 10 minutes left in game by the time the 'pin' was in.   

Idlers were called out in game.   If you join into a game and the water is rough for your team, you are expected to spawn.  Period! 

This was an enforceable example.  I chose not to having taken the clock/scores/avg pings/spread into consideration.  By the time 'prolonged and unbearable' requirement had been met the server is just waiting for a map change less than 10 minutes away.  Unfortunately.

• Rubulator and Highway Man like this

#5 Renlist

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:36 PM

BF1942 is 15 years old. There are bound to be joiners who have umpteen years of experience and who can wreck a match and thus participation, just because they can. All perfectly legal. 

• Lin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com