Photo

Walking Glitch

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 AGIRLJUSTKILLED

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:35 AM

Occassionally ..I would say ------ one out of every four times I start up BF ( omaha , I havent played another map in awhile)-------- I will constantly walk forward...without pushing any buttons..the only way to stop moving is to walk into a wall and as soon as i move away from the wall i am moving forward once again...its the oddest thing..and it sux ...I cant aim or do much of anything.... & Today a whole new grand glitch started for me...its now wanting to walk me sideways ( to the right) constantly...

I generally reboot, defrag and run spyware programs and it sometimes fixes it ..sometimes the glitch continues and i have to walk away from the computer for awhile...Upon which .. a few reboots or hours later it works fine.

I am curious... Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Any known reasons / fixes?

Thx
Kel

#2 MeanMachine

Posted 25 January 2005 - 02:31 AM

Are you using a wireless mouse and/or keyboard? If so do the batteries need changing. Sometimes when wireless devices start to run out of battery power they do strange things.

I occasionally get some weird mouse problems where the control is too sensitive. The only way I have found to fix this is to go into Control Panel then Mouse, change a setting then change it back, then hit okay or apply. I normally ALT TAB out of game to do this.

Apart from these simple suggestions I’m not sure what your problem could be. You may end up having to re-install – bummer.

#3 Lin

Posted 25 January 2005 - 03:28 AM

As a joystick lover (run with it, GC) I can tell you I have joystick drift like that occasionally. I Alt+Tab out of game, unplug, replug, and voila! Drift disappears nine times out of ten. Better yet, if you know you're not going to be going into a flying game, just unplug the thing before you start. You're not handicapped like me...if I don't have a joystick in my hand, I can't play.

So...yours drifts to the right? :blink:

:-D

#4 MeanMachine

Posted 25 January 2005 - 04:33 AM

Sounds like a joystick re-calibration is in order. Either that or some new Energizer batteries for longer use.

#5 General joe

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:00 AM

i do somtimes experience that problem

it can also occur if you were typing in chat and you get killed, i sometimes locks you going forward

if you have a optical mouse a speck of dust can do that,

hope you can fix it

#6 Cannon Fodder

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:00 AM

Have you spilled anything onto your mouse lately? ;)
Cause you know liquids can damage computer parts. :P
Other than that, I don't know what to tell you kiddo, except that unplugging and replugging your keyboard and mouse might be a good idea next time it happens.

#7 King of the Squirrels

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:40 AM

My Joystick hangs to the right...... But during the game the mouse works just fine.. :rofl: :bop2:

#8 commando

Posted 25 January 2005 - 09:30 AM

i have the same problem sometimes and here's what i do:

i simply push "w" (or if you're walking sideway "a" or "d") thats all i do... :)

#9 SOCiAL Killa

Posted 25 January 2005 - 03:43 PM

My Joystick hangs to the right...... But during the game the mouse works just fine.. :rofl: :bop2:

You must be right handed. :rofl:

#10 Snake

Posted 25 January 2005 - 04:38 PM

If it is a glitch try using system restore to before you had the problems. :)

#11 Lin

Posted 25 January 2005 - 04:45 PM

Honestly guys...none of that drastic stuff should be necessary. Simple test: unplug your joystick before you play, see if you get the drift (no pun intended :-D ). If you don't...troubleshooting is over and you know what the problem is. If you still do, it is not the joystick and you need to continue troubleshooting. I would seriously go through your peripherals before messing around with the op system or programs.

Advice to defrag and run adware apps is always good but I honestly don't see the correlation between her problem and this advice.

#12 AGIRLJUSTKILLED

Posted 25 January 2005 - 05:31 PM

Thanks Lin.. I think the joystick might be my problem.. I unplugged it and I havent played yet so Im going to go hop in game and hopefully the problem is solved.. and Fodder if you call me kiddo again your poppa smurf is going to have a red nose. :lol:

#13 Boondock Saint

Posted 25 January 2005 - 05:33 PM

You women are always having problems with working the joysticks.......

#14 Enforcer

Posted 25 January 2005 - 07:48 PM

I love it when my joystick is being plugged and unplugged. Right, left, doesn't matter. Drift away, drift away... ;)

#15 Diabl0

Posted 25 January 2005 - 09:23 PM

ugh..........GC's have to take over every single thread!

#16 Boondock Saint

Posted 25 January 2005 - 09:30 PM

Dont hate the playa....hate the game biatch!

GC MAFIA 4 LIFE

#17 Cannon Fodder

Posted 25 January 2005 - 10:43 PM

Fodder if you call me kiddo again your poppa smurf is going to have a red nose. :lol:

Yes Ma'am, but If I forget, do you promise to come down here and smack me? ;)

#18 Lin

Posted 25 January 2005 - 10:53 PM

...and if she does, is it gonna be your nose you hold in front?

(another thread rehijacked by the [GC])...

#19 AGIRLJUSTKILLED

Posted 26 January 2005 - 12:48 AM

Outside of all these GC comments..

I unplugged my joypad and joystick and I still get the drift..so who the hell knows!?!?!? Battlefield Mystery.

#20 King of the Squirrels

Posted 26 January 2005 - 08:23 AM

Can you shake the joystick real hard upside down and get any all dirt out of it... :eek: Also by blowing the dirt out it with a can of air will sometime help too. :rolleyes: Basically any kind of blowing works in my book... :D see yah on the beach!!! :rofl: "I could not type that without a smile on my face..... :rofl: :angelnot:

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com