Photo

1942 Intall help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vdeliriumv

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:59 PM

So my Laptop HDD crapped out on me. I installed the new HDD. Updated the drivers etc (95% sure i got them all)
Im installing 42' from the "Anthology" Disc collection. Install goes fine. However upon double clicking the 42' icon nothing happens. I run with administrator and service pack 3.

Please assist

Thanks

#2 Sgt. NoScope

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:28 PM

Welcome, good to see you stopping by that's what the forums are for!

I too have the BF1942 anthology set, but luckily I've had it installed for years without too many issues. I do recall having trouble getting it to launch a few years back after a patch or something but I can't remember how I fixed it. I'm going to talk to some people and get back to you, or maybe they'll come in and help you directly.

PS, just a random thought. Maybe try launching it as one of the expansion packs instead of the vanilla game? Sometimes doing funny things like that would get the game to work for me, or launching it by selecting the 'autorun' application located directly on the 1942 disk, via your HDD drive options in Windows Explorer.

Finally, the more system information we have the easier it is to help you, what OS are you using etc etc?

#3 vdeliriumv

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:48 PM

Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1
AMD A10-4600M APU with Radeon HD graphics 2.30 GHz
6GB RAM
64 Bit Operating System

Ill try those suggestions as soon as i can.

*Tried said suggestions, No dice*

#4 vdeliriumv

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:53 PM

Update*
I upgraded to windows 10, It resolved the not being able to play issue after installing patch 1.61

So idk if that was it or not, but i was having an issue with another game anyway, but everything works now so.
Many Thanks for your assistance, See you on the server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com