Photo

BF2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 12 December 2005 - 12:15 PM

every time i insert my BF2 disc my computer always goes streight to the blue screen of death
however if the disc is already in this does not happen
any ideas?

#2 GrimReaper

Posted 12 December 2005 - 02:05 PM

seems like a corrupt driver. try this

Right Click on My Computer, go to Properties.

Click on the tab label Device Manager.

Click on the plus next to CDRom/DVDRom

Right click on your drive, and click uninstall.

Restart you computer, it will automatically detect and reinstall your drive again. Just let it sit for a minute.

Try your BF2 cd again.

Let us know what happens

#3 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:22 AM

same thing happens

#4 GrimReaper

Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:47 PM

you have cleaned the disc, as well as make sure its shinny side up right? :P

does it happen with other games or music cds?

#5 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 14 December 2005 - 05:27 PM

yeah disc is in the right way and cleaned it
plus i took comp to a shop and paid them to install it since the drive i got with it doesnt recognise any disces placed into it

#6 The Xevious

Posted 14 December 2005 - 06:10 PM

It is attempting to run the Auto-Play function of the disk, but it is not working. What happens it Windows wants to start that oh-so-nifty menu, with such options as "Play Online Now!" and "EAsy Info". This isnt needed, and the best you can do is disable auto-run/auto-play when a new CD is inserted. This will make this happen for all cd's, but you can always run the auto-run by going into My Computer, right clicking the drive, and clicking Auto Play.

To disable the auto play: Download --> THIS FILE <--, and run it. It will make a registry edit and change it to disable auto-run. This is your best bet. Dont worry, this is a safe file, and if you dont trust me, open it in a text editor, it will show you the exact change it is making. :)

#7 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:08 AM

nope it still dont work X
i wouldnt be bothered about it that much if it werent for the fact that my other disc drive keeps saying there is nothing in when i put a disc in

#8 The Xevious

Posted 16 December 2005 - 03:01 PM

Hmm, I cant figure out why it is doing this. Seems like you have a driver/connection issue. Try going into the device manager and uninstalling the cd-rom drive. Then, reboot windows and allow it to install it's generic drivers. Because you do not need any special drivers from the maker of your drive. A CD-Rom, is a CD-Rom, is a CD-Rom. They all work the same, and Windows can put in a driver that works perfectly fine.

#9 GrimReaper

Posted 16 December 2005 - 04:35 PM

You may even want to go into the case and check the IDE ribbon on the back of both cd drivers. Its the cable (usually grey) thats flat and wide (about 3 inches). Make sure its tight in the back of the drives.

And you never answered if it happens with other discs

#10 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 16 December 2005 - 06:54 PM

this only happens with my bf2 disc the ribbons are tight againt the drive as proven by the fact that i nearly pushed the drive out the frount of the pc case

#11 Iceman(uk)

Posted 16 December 2005 - 07:34 PM

nope it still dont work X
i wouldnt be bothered about it that much if it werent for the fact that my other disc drive keeps saying there is nothing in when i put a disc in

Hi RD, does it say nothing in that drive no matter what disc you put in it ?

#12 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:25 PM

yup

#13 The Xevious

Posted 20 December 2005 - 06:52 PM

yup

Then you have a drive issue.

#14 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:00 AM

and i fix this how.........

#15 Wasabi®

Posted 23 December 2005 - 09:24 PM

Get a new drive

#16 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:04 AM

ok it carnt be a harddrive problem since i have just had a new disk drive free from dell and installed by a engineer and my comp still goes to the blue screen of death
i have uninstalled the game and when i put the disk back in yup u guesed it blue screen of death
i would like to point out that this nevre used to happen when i first got the game it has only started happening since i downloaded the patch or around that time
so it must be a software prob right?
any help?

#17 The Xevious

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:29 AM

ok it carnt be a harddrive problem since i have just had a new disk drive free from dell and installed by a engineer and my comp still goes to the blue screen of death
i have uninstalled the game and when i put the disk back in yup u guesed it blue screen of death
i would like to point out that this nevre used to happen when i first got the game it has only started happening since i downloaded the patch or around that time
so it must be a software prob right?
any help?

I know this wont be your favorite suggestion, but reformat *cringe* and reinstall windows. Seems like your only "big fix" unless you have already done that. This appears as a software/OS issue.

#18 Jack

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:39 AM

Go to Control Panel ----> System ----> Advanced -----> Startup and Recovery (click Settings) -----> uncheck Automatically Restart.

Write down the error codes on the BSOD so that you can tell what is causing it. Then restart the comp manually by pushing the restart button. If I had to guess, it is your sound driver or your video driver. SB just released a new one. There is also a OpenALwEAX.dll file you can dl if it is a sound problem.

#19 Blackthorn

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:05 AM

Since this started happening immediately after the last patch, have you tried reinstalling the patch? Or uninstalling BF2 and reinstalling?

#20 Wasabi®

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:06 AM

Damn, I meant CD drive, not hard drive.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com