Photo

NEW SYSTEM RESEARCH

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SgtBarrett

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:00 PM

So here I am researching processors on Newegg and I came across this review of the hottest CPU on the planet.  It has 8 cores and 16 threads and 20mb of cache.  I can't even imagine...

Pros: This thing is AMAZING! It is a 3D gamers DREAM!
I can play Wolfenstein 3D – AND – use note pad, get this… AT THE SAME TIME!
The frames per second BROKE while doing a Wolfenstein 3D bench test… It had an “overflow” error.
Last valid FPS I saw was 18,000… Mind boggling!
They say, this thing is capable of video editing? So I was playing a video game, and opened up a notepad file. Was able to edit it!!! I was soooo stoked!!! Until…….
They also said, and I quote, “Handles anything I can throw at it!”
which leads to the cons.

Cons: WARNING! Does NOT handle anything you throw at it! I threw a brick at it… and sure enough, it smashed it to pieces. I tried to RMA it, but they told me the warranty was void!! *sad face*
I would advise to “not” take anyone’s advice to throw anything at this CPU. Bad idea!

Other Thoughts: Honestly, I don’t see why ANYONE would want to over-clock their computers… I tried this the first day I got mine. Set my clock 3 hours ahead…
I was THREE HOURS EARLY FOR WORK the next day!!!! Who in their right mind would want to do this, purposely??
I do not OC any more. You guys are nuts.
I recommend this CPU. Especially if you are a 3D gamer and do editing.
Even if you happened to listen to some goobers advice and throw something at it, and break it…
Yes, I bought a replacement. I had to replace the motherboard also… apparently, they cannot handle stuff being thrown at them either!!! *facepalm*

I think this fella was missing a few bits.

#2 Warrior124

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:35 AM

Picard.jpg

#3 gen_stallonee

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:05 PM

tell me this is an actual review

#4 SgtBarrett

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:25 PM

Yup, its on Newegg.com  Laughed myself silly!

#5 Christopher

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:27 PM

How'd you find my review?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com