Photo

RE-downloading 1942

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Highway Man

Posted 03 August 2020 - 10:48 AM

Getting the new PC setup... I downloaded 1942 from the Google drive link, and the Data.bin ... But I can't remember where to put the BIN to continue the install due to "no BIN file".... Where do I put the file at for it to work properly?

#2 posi

Posted 03 August 2020 - 11:07 AM

You don't move anything when unzipping.  The setup just has to be in the same folder as the .bin file. 

You can alternatively install Galactic Conquest as a Stand Alone.  Requires no post patching and comes with BF1942.    -  http://www.mediafire..._Alone.iso/file

Or the Mega -  42 , GC , RTR , SW ,  in ONE  -    http://www.mediafire...2_Mega.iso/file

• Highway Man likes this

#3 Highway Man

Posted 03 August 2020 - 11:09 AM

May try the Mega DL.

#4 Wasabi®

Posted 03 August 2020 - 11:15 AM

You put it in the same directory as the setup EXE.

But better to use Posi’s ISO above or the links and instructions here

http://www.moongamer...showtopic=67127

Make sure you get DC and DC Final Coop mod!
  • Highway Man likes this

#5 Highway Man

Posted 03 August 2020 - 11:18 AM

I did try it in the same directory , still said No BIN file..
The download failed twice before it took, maybe something wrong with it?

#6 Wasabi®

Posted 03 August 2020 - 11:19 AM

Try the ZIP in my link, I installed fine with it a few days ago (new PC)

Don’t forget to install Gamespy patch once you’re done with the base game and Expansions and Mods
  • Highway Man likes this

#7 posi

Posted 03 August 2020 - 11:28 AM

Launching while inside of a zip extraction utility would give that error also.    A zip package has to be extracted.   It's also a good idea to close applications as you finish using them.  You don't want windows thinking that the target file is in use.

As stated..   The stand alone files are an option.   I've tested both.  Neither require patching after install, or extraction beforehand.

#8 COLONEL HESSLER

Posted 12 March 2021 - 08:37 PM

Hey Posi, i recently downloaded from the links provided and have the game installed on my new laptop. Thanks!!

One problem though..my function buttons don't work in game. They continue to do the normal computer functions like volume and display brightness.

Any suggestions? Hess

#9 Capn Cackler

Posted 12 March 2021 - 11:33 PM

Hey Posi, i recently downloaded from the links provided and have the game installed on my new laptop. Thanks!!

One problem though..my function buttons don't work in game. They continue to do the normal computer functions like volume and display brightness.

Any suggestions? Hess

I had this issue too a long time ago and I believe that it was to do with my function lock key. Idk if that helps you out, but if you have one, try turning that off/on.

#10 COLONEL HESSLER

Posted 16 March 2021 - 10:18 PM

Thanks Cackler! My laptop doesn't have a function lock. Gonna try to do it in bios

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com