Photo

Round end music fix

4 replies to this topic

#1 Jac3624

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:52 PM

I did some looking around the forums here and couldn't find it. So I did a search and this is what I found.

Round end "Win" music

To put in your own sounds.
Go to this location:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\steamuserid\day of defeat source\dod\sound\Ambient\
If the folder Ambient does not exist, create it. If neither folder exist you can just create them

Edit two MP3 files. By edit them I mean make them small in size, maybe 5 or 10 seconds at most, you can also reduce their volume in an audio editing program such as Nero Wav editor.
Name the files us_win.mp3 and german_win.mp3 and save them to the Ambient folder.
(you can also record 5 seconds of silence if you dont want any music at all)
Now you will hear these files rather than the insanely loud end of round music you normally hear.
This does not overwrite or replace the original win music, if you change your mind just delete the 2 files and it will revert to the gawdawful standard.

I've attached the files that I now use, they're just 10 seconds of silence.

Attached Files

#2 Comet

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:44 PM

Thank you Jack for taking the time to research and post. I missed your post and was thinking along the same lines, pardon me. I have tried to play your files but I hear nothing. :(

#3 dodgem

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:09 AM

I have tried to play your files but I hear nothing. :(

I can't tell if this is sarcasm, but if not......;):

I've attached the files that I now use, they're just 10 seconds of silence.

Hheheheeh.

Thanks for this info. Those victory sounds do get very annoying and confused me when everyone else was talking to each other in TS whilst the game was blaring the default ones at me. I was like "how the hell can they hear each other?!". Lol.

#4 Comet

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:26 AM

hehehehehehe...

#5 Jac3624

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:53 AM

It's all good, as long as people get the help they need it doesn't really matter.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com