Photo

Coming soon... IP Address Change

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:30 PM

The servers hardware is being upgraded/updated and because of that our IP is going to change. The new IP is not known yet, so please keep up to date in the forum. We'll let you know when the change is happening and of course what the new IP will be.

• posi, Grassy, Pitcher and 1 other like this

#2 Dr. Detroit

Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:46 PM

What OS will the new servers running ?

#3 Highway Man

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:21 PM

IS THIS AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE ? ;) 

#4 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:36 AM

What OS will the new servers running ?

Windows again probably. Why are you asking?

IS THIS AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE ? ;)

No it is not.

• Highway Man likes this

#5 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:50 PM

The IP will change before tuesday, the actual IP information will come later. Please spread the info.

#6 Renlist

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:02 PM

Here's hoping there's no change in pings, or maybe better ones.

• Highway Man likes this

#7 Lin

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:53 AM

BF1942 will be moving to the east coast so there will be some ping changes. However, this time we will be on SSD which should result in a smoother game.

#8 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:07 AM

SSD huh?

I don't think I am licensed and trained for that.  :)

#9 Lin

Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:08 AM

You're a ninja, they're trained for everything. ;)

• HARRY TRIGGER and Grassy like this

#10 Renlist

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:09 PM

BF1942 will be moving to the east coast so there will be some ping changes. However, this time we will be on SSD which should result in a smoother game.

Oh great!  My current usual decent 49ms ping will now be 90ms or something?  That may be the final nail with me, if so.

Now that you mention it, Simple Mind's BF1942 server runs pretty damn smooth for me, aside from my getting a fantastic 15ms to it (and other considerations).

I switch over to Moongamers and wow, the difference between 49ms and 15ms is immediately apparent.  I don't think I can take much higher than my current 49ms with Moongamers as it is now,

So be it, I guess.

#11 Spare Parts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:13 PM

Oh great!  My current usual decent 49ms ping will now be 90ms or something?  That may be the final nail with me, if so.

maybe think of it as a challenge? or as another, fresh thing you get to complain about.  Think of all the incessant bitching you could do... why the potential is unlimited.   

• Twilight, Grassy, mistamontiel and 1 other like this

#12 Bar Simpson

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:14 PM

My usual ping is ~180 (Brazil). Server in east cost is good!

#13 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:20 PM

Now that you mention it, Simple Mind's BF1942 server runs pretty damn smooth for me, aside from my getting a fantastic 15ms to it (and other considerations).

I switch over to Moongamers and wow, the difference between 49ms and 15ms is immediately apparent.  I don't think I can take much higher than my current 49ms with Moongamers as it is now,

So be it, I guess.

Look on the bright side, you could also be playing with a 125 ping. I never heard of a simple minds server, do you mean Simple France?

#14 Spare Parts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:23 PM

formerly the, "Don't you forget about me" Server.

• Grassy likes this

#15 bondmaster

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:50 PM

formerly the, "Don't you forget about me" Server.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=CdqoNKCCt7A

#16 Renlist

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:12 PM

So be it, I guess.

Look on the bright side, you could also be playing with a 125 ping. I never heard of a simple minds server, do you mean Simple France?

Otherwise known as The Great Escape BF1942 server [Tge_nick].  My ping to it is 15ms.  It plays pretty damn smooth at 15ms.  

What made the decision to switch to the East Coast server location?  Players from there will probably benefit as will those playing from across the pond,   Wasn't the server previously located in Texas or Arizona?  To me that seems like that is where it should be based, if possible.  It serves the USA evenly.  Having the server located on the east coast will no doubt improve pings for players across the pond, but may screw up west coast players (49ms).

Just saying, I may turn the dial if my 49ms goes to 89ms because the owners want the server based on the east coast, usa.  Why not Texas? Why not mid continent USA ?  Why the east coast?

• Highway Man likes this

#17 Highway Man

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:50 PM

Where was it before?

#18 Highway Man

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:53 PM

Usually my ping varies through out the day. Mornings around 10 it's usually 30-40 but evenings it goes up to 65 or 70

#19 Grassy

Posted 08 April 2018 - 02:37 AM

One thing to consider..we do get a lot of Euro players.  Half of the staff is from Europe as well if not more.   I personally think it is a smart business decision.

#20 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 08 April 2018 - 02:41 AM

Where was it before?

Dallas Texas

• Highway Man likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com