Photo

Now's the time for allowing map voting, adding bots

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:22 AM

I think I heard something about bots coming back, but I don't know the particulars yet.

I HOPE bots aren't added.... It's very humiliating to get knifed by one (trust me I know) :cowmoo:

Don't be hating on Miller Bot please ;)

• Grassy and Highway Man like this

#22 Renlist

Posted 28 April 2018 - 11:02 PM

Why is it changes are suggested and considered here and nothing changes?  Seems that way.

I can't see how some of my changes, clearly explained have not been implemented.  I am shocked, hehe.

Waste of time trying?  Probably.

#23 Grassy

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:00 AM

Ren,

I have tuned in to that other server you play on with the 14 ping you have and that is is flooded with bots, and when they give the !botsoff command there is about 5 per-side playing.... not to mention the level of skill against live opponents, well lets just say my 8 year old could place and get a medal...I sniped about 15 players that were bots in about 5 minutes ...very boring. Ping isn't everything Ren, Competition and teamwork is!  AS  well as conversation with long time friends..

When there are 5 vs.5 there, it's a CTF match .  It beats 5 vs 5 this place on some giant map for 45 minutes.  You don't like shooting easy pickings bots?  That CTF timer is set at 30 minutes or whoever gets to 11 captured flags. Sometimes the timer is turned off until one team reaches 11.

It gets some late nite joiners.  

I actually made some insensitive statements about that server, that were in haste and had no intention of demeaning that server.  I actually have friends there and apologize for making that original comment with only playing there once or twice.  It is my thoughts that all of the server have something different and this makes no one in the wrong It is with many thanks to all the remaining servers Worldwide that are helping keep this title alive.

#24 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:42 AM

Why is it changes are suggested and considered here and nothing changes?  Seems that way.

I can't see how some of my changes, clearly explained have not been implemented.  I am shocked, hehe.

If something is suggested or considered it doesn't mean they are going to be implemented, that's not a MoonGamers thing, you'll see that with big companies as well. If I suggest my government to give me 100K annually, it's not just going to happen just because I suggested it.

Making changes takes time, time doesn't mean a week or two.

• Highway Man likes this

#25 Renlist

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:05 AM

If something is suggested or considered it doesn't mean they are going to be implemented, that's not a MoonGamers thing, you'll see that with big companies as well. If I suggest my government to give me 100K annually, it's not just going to happen just because I suggested it.

Noted. More regular participating players with limited mod powers is another thing to consider, along with modding a couple of the maps.  A power as simple as to change to the next map if the server resets and an admin is not present.  I'm not sure if mod powers are able to be finely adjusted.  Perhaps not.

#26 Spare Parts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:45 AM

Noted. More regular participating players with limited mod powers is another thing to consider, along with modding a couple of the maps.  A power as simple as to change to the next map if the server resets and an admin is not present.  I'm not sure if mod powers are able to be finely adjusted.  Perhaps not.

Renlist is suggesting that Moongamers give players who play regularly partial Admin powers.  Mod for Moderator, not Mod for Modification.  Specifically the ability to change maps if a server reset happens.  His second use of "modding" means modification.

I'm not sure it's possible or preferable, but it is a decent suggestion, thx.

• Captain John H. Miller, Lonewolf-McQuade, Rubulator and 1 other like this

#27 Renlist

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:12 PM

I'm guessing admins can't fine tune a lot of server preferences as to moderators?  Better find a way quick.  Wink.

I'd be happy with map voting being allowed during off hours.

You know what?  You messed with too long.  Moongamers ladder rank has been reset twice in the last six months.

No, I don't fixate on my ranking, exactly, but it's nice to compete against yourself in that regard.

Moongamers seems to have more site chat action than the game.  

#28 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:29 AM

I'm guessing admins can't fine tune a lot of server preferences as to moderators?  Better find a way quick.  Wink.

I'd be happy with map voting being allowed during off hours.

Admins can alter the time and set maps, even maps that are not in the rotation. Do you have any opinion on more FF?

You know what?  You messed with too long.  Moongamers ladder rank has been reset twice in the last six months.

No, I don't fixate on my ranking, exactly, but it's nice to compete against yourself in that regard.

The positive side of this I can see; you'll be less kills away from the No.1 and you can try to catch up easier. You don't have to get and extra 10.000 kills in order to reach his kill total NOW, he'll probably get another 10.000 kills in the time you can get 10.000 kills.

Moongamers seems to have more site chat action than the game.  

Thanks for keeping our forum busy ;)

For translating Renlist;  

- Admin = game admin

- Moderator = admin that can change additional server settings 

• Highway Man likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com