43 replies to this topic

#21 whitewolf777

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Game Name: Whitewolf
First Name: scott
How long have you actively played DoD:S?:as long as the game been out
How often and what times do you play: on the weekends
Have you been an admin before?: yes but not here
Why should we make you an Admin?:i go by the rule and i dont abuse the power and i can make the decisions when need be

#22 Sillyminion

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

Game Name: SillyMinion

First Name: Nathan

How long have you actively played DoD:S?: 3 months (yea I know, still noobish)

How often and what times do you play: Evenings, logging on between 9 and 10 and playing until 1 or 2 most days.

Have you been an admin before?: Admin of a FPS server, no. However, as a WoW player I served as an officer for several "Casual/Leveling" guilds and as a FFXI player I was a founding/core member of a progression Linkshell (guild) and an officer of that Linkshell until I left the game.

Why should we make you an Admin?: I understand what it takes to help maintain an environment that is respectful to players. I have assisted in maintaining several guilds that had very similar rules to Moongamers (no racism/sexism, no swearing, etc.) by fairly enforcing the rules, taking active steps to minimize conflict between players, and have investigated complaints of improper behavior by guild members in a manner that was fair to both the parties making the accusation and to the accused. I understand the importance of following/enforcing the community rules of conduct. I also understand that a heavy-handed approach is not always the best way to enforce the rules and that more often than not a gentle reminder/casual comment works better than an implicit/overt threat. However, sometimes a threat (or even an outright ban) is warranted and I am able to distinguish between the two.

In short, I like playing here. I like the environment on Moongamers and I like playing with the type of players that this environment attracts, and I would like to do whatever I can to help maintain that environment. Nothing is more disheartening than listening to an experienced player rip into a new player for having a low score (not on a Moongamers server), or having two players who are using aimbot and wall hacks overwhelm a server and ruin the fun for the twenty other players.

Edited by Sillyminion, 04 May 2012 - 07:08 PM.

#23 MINNY KILLAZ

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

Game Name:MINNY KILLAZ[AOF]
First Name:timothy
How long have you actively played DoD:S?:4 years
How often and what times do you play:every day when im not behind the wheel of a truck.
Have you been an admin before?:no i have not but im able to pick up new skills fast and am always wiling to help out and learn new stuff along the way
Why should we make you an Admin?:when im not in the AOF sever you can always fined me in the moon gamers sever i now the rules i am a active player when in the game im calm and always try to get stuff work out when it comes the severs i play in and the member's and other players in the game.

#24 ThunderPants

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

Game Name: That One Creepy Uncle (ThunderPants69)

First Name: Roger

How long have you actively played DoD:S?: 2003

How often and what times do you play: Everyday, at least 2 hours after work, 5-6 and 9-10

Have you been an admin before?: Currently admin of a CS:S server 8.6.74.132:27015

Why should we make you an Admin?: Clear understanding of the rules and regs of the DoD:S server with a good rapport with the other admins that play there. I also attempt to get other players to abide by the rules when the admins are not around.

There are only a select number of servers which I play on but this is definitely the most frequented.

Thanks for the consideration!

ThunderPants69

#25 SpetzNaz

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

Game Name: SpetzNaz
First Name: Ron
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: Ugh, since the beta days... long before Source and STEAM.
How often and what times do you play: Evenings
Have you been an admin before?: For many years. I was the head administrator for Kustom Kettle for approximately 10 years. I also was with eGO for 4 years. I have extensive experience with custom maps, and the use of sourceMod.

Why should we make you an Admin?: That's entirely up to you, but I'm posting here because of a frustrating experience this evening with several mic-spammers and abusive folks who were playing whilst no admins were on. After being told to suck someone's penis, and then having to mute several people, I got annoyed and left. I haven't played with you guys long, but I like the server and folks I have played with, and have been looking for a new DoD group to play with. As for Admin, I've done it for many years, and would be happy to help out if needed. There is no burning hurry either, as I realize you all would likely prefer to better get to know me first, but I wanted to throw my interest out there.

#26 Lin

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

I'm very sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Step 1: Join us in TeamSpeak3 so we can get to know you better. :)

#27 donutz

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

Game Name: Donutz8

First Name: Ben

How long have you actively played DoD:S?: I have played off and on for about 2 years.

How often and what times do you play: I play most weeknights and alot on the weekends.

Have you been an admin before?: Yes, I was an admin before on both DOD and in other source games.

Why should we make you an Admin?:I enjoy playing in a server that is free of trolls and hackers, and I want to be able to help the current admins so that they can have more time to play and not have to worry about admin duties all the time.

#28 Bullet Bob

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

Game Name: Bullet Bob
First Name: Bob (duh!)
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: 5-6 years
How often and what times do you play: About an hour or more at night from 8pm - Midnight
Have you been an admin before?: Yes for a very short time I was an admin in (75th)Ranger Regiment before they switched to a different game away from DOD.
Why should we make you an Admin?: I know the rules and expected behavior in the moongamers DODS server.

#29 ski

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

Game Name: Ski
First Name: Tony
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: Since it's release date in 2005. I was also in the beta testing.
How often and what times do you play: I usually play 3 to 4 nights a week starting at 8/9pm central time till 1am the latest.
Have you been an admin before?: I was an admin on the old COJ server
Why should we make you an Admin?: Because I am Ski :monkeydance: Honeslty because I enjoy playing the game, understand the rules of the server. Moongamers is a great server where people come to have a good time and I would be honored to help keep the server a place for people to enjoy.

#30 TALON142

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

Game Name: |>LN<|TALON
First Name: Ned
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: All they way back to regular DOD beta, (Won_ID days)
How often and what times do you play: Get online mostly after 23:30 hours and on weekends
Have you been an admin before?: Started performing admin duties in the RFC clan; became an upper admin during inception of XLT; became co-owner of LN and eventually owner, been doing it ever since.
Why should we make you an Admin?: I have always been a believer that the people make the server and during my endeavors with the Moongamers, I have noticed nothing but comradery towards one another and the effort they go through to keep the server running smoothly. This being the case is why I APPLY. Thanks for your consideration.

#31 Adlee520

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:22 AM

Game Name: adlee520
First Name: Alex
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: about a week
How often and what times do you play: Right now during the summer i play every night from about 6pm-1am, However when school starts back I will probably only be able to do weekends whenever i can and occasionally a weeknight.
Have you been an Admin before?: i haven't been an official admin of a server. but i have been in charge of coordinating people in a world simulator server.
Why should we make you an Admin?: I am a kind, gentle, pacifist who likes to play violent video games with people who simply want to enjoy themselves for a few hours. I follow the rules and this server was one of the first i played on and it made me fall in love with this game and with this server because the rules were simple to understand, the people were very friendly and helpful, and i enjoyed myself.Ii want to help give back and make other newcomers feel welcome like I did. Usually I don't actually have a mindset of I have to play on this server, so this is the first time I have wanted to come back to a server. Also when it comes to rules I'm, just as carefree and fun loving as the next guy, but if you break the rules; the first time is a simple warning. the second offense is me actually talking directly to the person and pointing out what they are doing wrong. the third time then whatever punishment is deemed fit by the server owners will be exacted. My friends know that I'm this way. Thanks to whoever is taking the time to read this.

#32 RemoWilliams

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

Game Name: RemoWilliams
First Name: Erik
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: Very regularly from launch to 2 years in, off and on from that point until now
How often and what times do you play: Frequently, weeknights and some weekdays with late weekend nights (12-3 AM)
Have you been an admin before?: Once before for a casual CoD WaW server
Why should we make you an Admin?: Well, when I asked if you were, Lin mentioned in Ventrilo that you guys always are, and I would like to help out! Also, I feel like I can maintain a fair, friendly demeanor while enforcing previously set rules (and not my own), and if I find myself becoming anything other than that I will ask another for help / their opinion first.

#33 slunt

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

First Name: Andy
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: Since the release of source, and many years of regular DoD
How often and what times do you play: Almost every night, typically around evening time central.
Have you been an admin before?: No
Why should we make you an Admin?: I get along with everyone pretty well. I am willing to help keep the server fun and safe, following the rules.

#34 Xianide

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:05 AM

Game Name: Xianide
First Name: Eric
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: 1+ year.
How often and what times do you play: Once a day, usually around 5pm and some late nights but currently on exceptions due to real life stuff. (Can explain later if needed)
Have you been an admin before?: Not on a server like DoD:S or similar.
Why should we make you an Admin?: I have done a fair run in guild management from two different Ragnarok Online servers. From January 2008 to July(same year), I help assisted in guild management, plus taking role as guild leader for castle sieges. In 2009, I created my own guild from scratch on another server and with my own effort, I was able to see good results from recruiting members and being effective in castle sieges. In early 2012, I also helped with guild management on North America Grand Chase.
With that said, I know how important server rules are as well as maintaining peace among the players. No different to my days in Ragnarok Online as mentioned above.

Edited by Xianide, 20 October 2012 - 03:13 AM.

#35 Morrison

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Game Name: Morrison
First Name: Louis
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: since the beta's of 1.3 even before steam
How often and what times do you play:i do play regulary 4/5 night's a week on European times
Have you been an admin before?: Yes also ran my own servers
Why should we make you an Admin?: I know how it works also i'm on in Eurozones Time as a few off you are still workin or @ School

=82ndR= Morrison

#36 Skittmms

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

Game Name: Skittmms
First Name: Justin
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: Played on and off for about 4 years, beginning to be more active.
How often and what times do you play: Trying to play daily, usually get on about noon EST and am usually on for most of the day.
Have you been an admin before?: Yes, but then the group I was in died so I didn't get to use it.
Why should we make you an Admin?: There have been times where there is a population in a server and there is no admin in-game for things such as votes and/or map changes. Seeing as I haven't been able to use admin rights/powers before I would probably need some guidelines to follow so that I don't abuse anything, but other than that I think I would be a good admin.

I'm back!

#37 -=KA=- WafflesG

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

Game Name: Waffles / -=KA=- Waffles
First Name: Ben
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: about 5 years? I lost count.

How often and what times do you play: Daily and mostly nights, but Im also around during the day (EST)

Have you been an admin before?: Yes I was a Kustom Kettle Admin during the time our Supreme leader Spetznas was in charge.

Why should we make you an Admin?: I'm glad to help whenever an extra hand is needed, my main motivation for being a moon admin is that sometimes there are no admins around to take over the map rotation. Also, seeing how you've started a FF Kustom Kettle server perhaps I can help get that going during the day too. Anywho, I'm sure I'll be around in the server/TS if you have any more questions, you guys are running a tight ship and whatever I can do to keep/improve peeps gaming experience I'm all for.

#38 Irish Whiskey

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

Well, I'm on quite often now and see that you're still looking for admins so here we go....

Game Name: Irish Whiskey
First Name: Padraic (Paddy)
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: Since it came out
How often and what times do you play: Every day. Mostly nights but days as well.
Have you been an admin before?: Yes
Why should we make you an Admin?: There's times I've been on and there were no admins. I'm a fair guy and not over bearing and abuse it.

Also, my facebook is http://www.facebook.com/padraicohare

#39 Dave3910

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

Game Name: Dave3910: Back in the day when Kustom Kettle was Beta, I was known as, "OUTLAW"
First Name: Dave
How Long Have I been Playing DOD? Off and on since 2003-04
How Often And What Times Do You Play : I play everyday for at least 2 hours. Times vary; Have a wife and 2 daughters; they are the priority!!
Why Should We Make You An Admin? I am already an admin on one server...Devildogs 24/7. I love this game and like to help out whenever possible. I follow the rules and encourage others to do so calmly, so everyone can enjoy the game, server, and meet interesting people. My motto is respect whom runs the server, the rules, and the people who play within said server...

Attached Files

#40 Lloyd

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Game Name: Lloyd
First Name: Calvin
How long have you actively played DoD:S?: 2+ years, although it seems like it's been long than that. But, I checked my Steam purchase history and it looks like I only purchased DOD:S in December 2010. EDIT: I was mistaken, that was the gift pack I bought for my son. It looks like I bought the game in July 2010, so 2-1/2 years.
How often and what times do you play: On average, I typically play 3-4 nights per week, and occasionally on weekends as well. On weeknights, I usually play between 9PM to 2AM Eastern time (GMT-5). On weekends, it varies quite a bit.
Have you been an admin before?: No, not for an online game such as DOD:S. However, I have been an admin on other, unrelated web sites and discussion forums.
Why should we make you an Admin?: First, I'm a big fan of DOD:S. Of the games in my Steam library, I have the most hours logged in DOD:S, by far. When I buy a new game, it usually isn't too long before I return to DOD:S. Second, although not specifically with online games, I do have some experience in moderating discussion forums and other online communities, so I understand the need for patience and tolerance of others. Third, in perhaps somewhat of a contrast to the second point, I have no problems asking others to follow the rules and enforcing, if necessary. Finally, I am willing to commit to helping keep the MoonGamers community a great place to game. I rarely play on any other servers, as I enjoy the community of users I've met playing DOD:S on the MoonGamers server. There have been enough times when I've been in games and there hasn't been an Admins, that I figure perhaps I can help share the workload a little.

Edited by Lloyd, 19 January 2013 - 12:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com