Photo

battlefield 1942, why are there so many?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sector 7

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

So I was wondering if someone could give me a break down of the battlefield 1942 series. I was looking on "GameFAQs" and found the following...

Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 1942 Deluxe Edition
Battlefield 1942: Secrect Weapons of WWII
Battlefield 1942: The Complete Collection
Battlefield 1942: The Road to Rome
Battlefield 1942: World War II Anthology

Battlefield 1942: Desert Combat
Battlefield 1942: Vietnam

*Is each one like a expansion/update?
*Can origin players get these expansions/updates?
*Can origin players install Mods?

Edited by Sector 7, 23 January 2013 - 09:09 PM.

#2 Bullet-BS

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

So I was wondering if someone could give me a break down of the battlefield 1942 series. I was looking on "GameFAQs" and found the following...

Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 1942: Secrect Weapons of WWII expansion
Battlefield 1942: The Road to Rome expansion

Battlefield 1942: Desert Combat Free Download
Battlefield 1942: Vietnam expansion

Please see our download's section for tons more Non-Origin free download Mod's & Maps.

#3 Angerfist

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

I don't know about all the versions you mentioned, but :

Road to Rome and Secret Weapons are expansion packs for the disc version of BF42. Not playable on Origin. As far as I know, the "complete collection" and "WW II Anthology" include the normal vanilla disc version plus both expansion packs. As far as I know, all mods you can buy and those which are downloadable for free can ONLY be used while using the disc version.

So, buying the complete 42 collection for a few bucks offers you access to a huge number of "new" maps and access to more servers. You will have two versions of the same game on the computer then.

And while I enjoy playing on our Origin server, the best games are still on our disc based TDM server !

#4 Dasboot

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

So, buying the complete 42 collection for a few bucks offers you access to a huge number of "new" maps and access to more servers.

Variety is the spice of life.

#5 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 1942: Secrect Weapons of WWII
Battlefield 1942: The Road to Rome

Battlefield 1942: Desert Combat
Battlefield 1942: Vietnam

Hi, 1942 deluxe just has better packing and some screensavers, Secret Weapons and Road To Rome are cool to have as add more weapons to your 1942 original game, the complete colection as far as i know has all mods. World War II Anthology i don´t know it. Desert combat is cool, latest version is Desert Combatt DC, recreate desert storm fights in Irak, still some servers running it, mainly from EA. Vietnam, i bought it played it for a few months and came back to 1942, still some servers up, mainly for helis pilots and jet pilots, main issue of this is that has so much vegetation to hide so was easy for some sniper create trouble till a patch that added radar to some vehicles, I don´t suggest it.

Try visit moongamers download area for some of them, most sure 1942 patches u ll need to play online and Desert Combat DC.

See you in game !

#6 King Slender

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

Money,.....

#7 Frank(Ger)

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Yes, "Battlefield 1942: World War II Anthology" includes both expansion packs.

#8 GoodDayToDie

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Mods is a word used loosely. Most of the above are Expansions to bf1942(vanilla). Except Vietnam, which is a free standing game.

There are actually dozens upon dozens of MODS for bf1942. As most of you know. Here are a few examples AND a site to download many of them(bfmods.com) http://bfmods.com/vi...93df2fbce51c7a1

Desert Combat
Interstate82; http://is82.com/dlm.php
Eve of Destruction
Transformers
Battle Group 42
Pirates
Silent Heroes
Zombie Mod

etc

Furthermore, Rumor has it the Secret Weapons CAN be played on Origin. See 1942mods.com NOTE: 1942mods.com is a brand new website and server. The server is ran on Origin. It is not fully set up yet.......huhuh, I said,"fully".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com