Photo

Helpful bind...

8 replies to this topic

#1 Comet

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:43 PM

Have you ever been frustrated in taking a two-man flag because no one on your team bothered to help, or perhaps they're just out of radius with their thumb up their bum. If your teammates don't monitor the flags displayed by the hud then you'll be fighting an uphill battle to claim that flag. Frustrating to say the least...

Here is a bind you can type into console that will help in that situation. Lin mentioned it might be possible to combine two binds I was using, one for displaying my current location and the other an audible sound file asking for help. Within a few minutes I was able to figure it out. Here is a single bind that will let your teammates know your current location followed by an audible "I need backup" and or "Get over here and help me".

Type the following command in console making sure console is enabled* If your game is on the same computer as this forum then simply copy paste it into console.

bind "key" "voice_backup; say_team %l"

*** Important, replace key with what ever hotkey you choose to use as a bind. ***

Once you press the designated hotkey it will appear in game as such...see attachment. The bind displays both a current location to teammates and an audible (voice) sound file. If they don't see it perhaps they'll hear it.

*Enabling console...

Press the ~ (tilda) key on your keyboard, the console should appear, if not you'll need to enable it. To do so start game and go to Options>Keyboard>Advanced and put a check mark where it says Enable developer console.

Hope this helps, see you in game...

Attached Files

• Attached File  bind.jpg   1.09MB   115 downloads

#2 WarWizard

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:50 PM

I am pretty sure this came from last nights lack of players not knowing what the object of the map is all about. LOL

#3 Lin

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

No doubt!!

Thank you Comet, I was wanting to get this bind done. I also made separate, non-voice bind since we also found out the enemy can hear the voice if they're within distance. That is why Comet has posted the TEAM ONLY text for the location. This double bind is simply AWESOMER!

#4 Lin

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:55 PM

I LOVE THIS BIND!!!

I used it tonight when taking flags, the response was great and teammates would come! I love this bind, and would consider this to be an essential tool for anyone playing DoD:S.

Have you created this bind yet, and if yes how is it working for you? Report back, soldier!

#5 Warrior124

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:58 PM

I created it early a couple days ago, and I love it myself. I did have it where it would say "Get over here, and help me take this darn flag!", but decided to go with Comets. :rofl:

#6 Langley

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:01 PM

The Team say is actually saying "%|" and not the location. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

#7 Comet

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:17 PM

Team say is not audible, it will provide your teammates with your location, whereas the voice command is audible.

Regardless of the order in which the bind is made it will always come out the same, team local then an audible voice command.

I double checked the bind as I had written it, works fine in game...

#8 Langley

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:39 PM

Here is what it is doing. It is actually saying "%|" instead of location.
Posted Image

Any ideas?

#9 Langley

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:42 PM

Never mind, copied and pasted and now it works.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com