Photo

Bots

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Black Mamba

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:28 AM

I was playing yesterday night at around 7h30 PM EST and I noticed that bots were added on Bocage, is this a new addition to the evening maps?

Just thought I'd say that the bots in my opinion are not necessary and ruin it for me. I understand that they are used to build up server population but at the same time it reduces the skill level of the server dramatically.

Will the bots be enabled on all maps at all times or just evenings?

Moongamers is one of the only server where we don't have bots, it would be nice to keep it that way. A lot of regulars and veterans of the game will just leave if bots become a common occurence on the server.

#2 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:55 AM

I was playing yesterday night at around 7h30 PM EST and I noticed that bots were added on Bocage, is this a new addition to the evening maps?

Just thought I'd say that the bots in my opinion are not necessary and ruin it for me. I understand that they are used to build up server population but at the same time it reduces the skill level of the server dramatically.

Moongamers is one of the only server where we don't have bots, it would be nice to keep it that way. A lot of regulars and veterans of the game will just leave if bots become a common occurence on the server.

The four smart AI on Bocage (and only Bocage) are there all day around for the reason you mentioned. Our AI will not become a common occurrence on our server ;) Don't forget it's only two of the bots per side, it's not a server full of them.

• Black Mamba likes this

#3 Black Mamba

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:01 PM

The four smart AI on Bocage (and only Bocage) are there all day around for the reason you mentioned. Our AI will not become a common occurrence on our server ;) Don't forget it's only two of the bots per side, it's not a server full of them.

Thanks for clearing it up. No problem then :)

#4 Rubulator

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:37 PM

I noticed CJHM, Twilight, Angerfist and Warwizard... .... ........ ......... I thought you said they were "smart" AI  :-D

• Grassy and Eliminator like this

#5 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:51 AM

I noticed CJHM, Twilight, Angerfist and Warwizard... .... ........ ......... I thought you said they were "smart" AI  :-D

They are the smartest AI for BF1942 oout there ;)

• Rubulator likes this

#6 Colonel Tavington

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:22 AM

I like the bots; they're good for the KDR (and improve your credit rating too).

• Rubulator likes this

#7 Grassy

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

obviously the bots take up resources...is that taxing the cpu on the server?  I noticed there are still lag spikes with the new ip

#8 Moving Target

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:59 AM

Them bota do wierd things. Twlight killed me using the APC gun while I was behind the vehicle.
  • Rubulator likes this

#9 Rubulator

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:36 PM

Them bota do wierd things. Twlight killed me using the APC gun while I was behind the vehicle.

HaXoRz !!!

#10 Renlist

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:56 AM

I never know if I'm shooting at a bot.  Do they act leet?

#11 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:02 AM

The CJHM bot is always leet to me.

#12 Angerfist

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:01 AM

The CJHM bot is always leet compared to me.

• Rubulator and Eliminator like this

#13 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:21 AM

The CJHM bot is always leet compared to me.

Dislike

#14 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:16 PM

I'm a nightime player and for the record I would be happy with bots showing up during the dead hours of the night for a bit. If I want to play bad enough I'll settle for bots over nobody.

• Zap Rowsdower and Rubulator like this

#15 Grassy

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:37 PM

is there a command to deactivate them in game?

#16 Black Mamba

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

Yes Grassy the admins of the European server SiMPLE RTR/SW use the !nobots command to disable bot respawn. This frequently happens when enough players are on the server or via player request.
  • Grassy likes this

#17 Renlist

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:40 PM

Bots should glow.

#18 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:02 AM

We're trying to make leet jeep bots to take out those leet tankers, they'll get to ability to crash into them leet tankers. Hopefully we can give them some türbo as well.

• Rubulator likes this

#19 Angerfist

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:55 PM

We're trying to make leet jeep bots to take out those leet tankers, they'll get to ability to crash into them leet tankers. Hopefully we can give them some türbo as well.

Trollolol.

#20 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:00 PM

Trollolol.

JAJAJAJAJAJAJA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com