Photo

FPS

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Enforcer

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

I'm a bit concerned about this. Frames per Second.

Right now, on our current Chernarus map, I run about 30-33 when I am in a field running, about 28-30 when flying over the map in a helicopter. And I drop to under 20 when entering a town, and that almost makes it unplayable, when it gets down to 12 fps at times.

So, I went on the map Panthera Epoch, or whatever to just look at the map..first it is a HUGE map with airfields, rivers, mountains..you name it. But, I noted even more importantly, I was running at a solid 60 fps. The whole time. On the ground. In a vehicle. In a copter. Didn't matter, 60fps.

Xeylore indicated it was because there were no scripts running in the background, cluttering up the map. I was happy knowing that the lower frame rate on the other map, is due to no fault of my system. It is plenty big to handle the load. And that is what Xeylore wanted more or less, to run a map without a bunch of scripts slowing it down.

So, I would caution about putting on too many things on the Chernarus map. Sure, everyone wants something, but, if indeed it impacts frame rate for all, I don't know if that is the wisest of things to be doing.

Just something I would like considered when we are talking about adding this, or adding that. Is it worth the potential hit to frame rate.

And speaking of that, with everyone having three or more bases, I am thinking that will have to be addressed sooner than later. Especially in towns and cities where there are already many many things for the game to draw.

#2 Warrior124

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

I've been running 9 - 13 FPS during the past week, myself.

#3 guidoune

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

here some cause of having low fps

1 base : there so many of them on cherno , and lots of huge one, one thing could help.. being able to maybe .. choose less used building and use them as a base what: no military/huge industrial( 3floor one) no base in city cherno/electro those two are most of time laggy even whitout base)

2 item : any addition to the map (tank trap/wire etc) use them only if you really need them,

3 vehicle: having billon of vehicle online make the server slower.. most of the base we see got like 6-10 vehicle each even for solo player.. maybe have a limit on that, or reduce the max vehicle .. may have to move some vehicle south for new comer though (are the player locked vehicle in the max vehicle count?)

4 script : dont know wich one we got on, but yeah they can slow the server a bit

#4 CrashMaster

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:29 PM

I know I am seeing the same issues on the Hightimez server also... we are going to be trying to run some test on ours to see what is slowing it down.

Some of it is the game itself, I don't know of many servers that have good frame rates in towns, new and fresh or old and loaded.

#5 Enforcer

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

I just hate having to impose restrictions on things. Vehicles, number of bases, size of bases, number of overall vehicles etc. I would hope that the players would police themselves for the sake of the gameplay, so we CAN have AI, and missions and other things that are requested out of the ordinary. For my part, I will do just that, I will get rid of a couple of vehicles that are unlocked.

I have five helicopters..why? don't know. I have the Merlin for heaving lifting, the littlebird for scouting, a medevac seahawk, a medevac Bell, and an armed Bell with machine guns. Why? Ah, just accumulated them since we started for one thing or another or at one time or another. I have a couple of trucks, a hummvee, a couple of armed SUVs, motorcycle, a BTR. Why? Don't need all that, really. Not now anyway. Over the course of the gaming, they have been accumulated and as I play, I needed another thing for one thing or another.

So, guess that's what's in store for tonight. Unload them and sell them. Just don't need all that in my base. So, I would ask you guys to consider doing the same. If you have a vehicle sitting around that you really don't use, let's just get them off the map. Because if it gets too bad, I am not sure what our options would be at that point.

#6 Warrior124

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

I agree, Steve. For my part I've already been doing this, myself. I had 2 MV-22's before. Got rid of one, and got rid of a couple other vehicles and choppers, because I really do not need them.

#7 Lin

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:31 AM

I've whittled way down, only keeping bare minimum any more.

#8 Thirteen

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

Maybe we can share resources with teammates. I for one know I have a chinnook for hauling fish to stary. It's big and can hold a lot. Or for moving heavy stuff back... However I have only flown it once or twice in months. It's nice to have, cost me briefs but I don't use it all that often. I have a little bird which gets a lot of use, and I have a evac heli blackhawk which of course is needed for evac, but I have yet died where I need to use the evac.

I have 2 URAL's each had a purpose (1 died due to a player incident) 1 was to store Mission guns for stary, the other to hold what was needed to sell at hero.

1 BTR for what BTR's are good for. BIG MOBILE SHIELD, easy repair.

1 Armored SUV which lately has not seen much use, but is my go get lumber vehicle.

1 Fuel truck which is shared with Sniper (if he still has the key) to fuel up our vehicles at electro. <--- I could drop a pump with admin help and solve the need for the truck. Just have not wanted to bother with it as I have not spend near the time needed at electro I need to.

I have 1 URAL down in electro being used as a zombie blockade and storage, but I guess I could get rid of that one as it was my first storage vehicle. and I can find a lootable one and put there. Not sure if that helps though, lootable and lockable probably cause the same frame rate issue.

Finally I have a fishing boat. (I use from time to time)

For what the game has, I think I have kept it quite minimal, but with all this talk of fps issues in large towns, I am concerned that even building my base at electro will cause issues. (It was my main big base)

Since I have not had the time to be on since DZAI in stary caused me a medical episode, I am not sure I have the mental energy required to even consolodate any of that stuff, granted other than the chinnook, I don't see anything that I would size down as I have use for each for different play styles depending on my mood.

I"ll consider downsizing myself. I am thinking about dropping my electro base all together. It was a great idea, but maybe too big a goal and too much impact on the server, granted not many ppl stay in electro anyway.

#9 Enforcer

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

If a game is causing real world medical issues, I would think you would want to re-evaluate why you are playing the game in the first place.

If your concern is dying at the hands of AI, we are working to remedy that while in a trader area, specifically Stary. I was in bash for a while trading and did not have any problem with AI. At the NEAF, where you are wide open, a cinder wall was constructed to protect the player from being shot from behind from AI. I did get attacked by them today, me and Loverboy, but, we were able to stay behind cover and defeat them with ease, well after popping them each three times, with a friggen DMR.. I have not been at Klen to check out that trader to determine if AI will engage you while inside the trader area. Otherwise, they have been adjusted to spawn on you after ten minutes in one particular area. But, go with it, knowing they may very well get lucky and get a good shot on you.

#10 Thirteen

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:05 AM

it was totally stressing me out. As you saw I was on tonight and I didn't have the same stress level. I got my butt out of stary. which helped greatly.

#11 Enforcer

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

Yea, I wouldn't build ANYTHING near Stary. Just way too busy. I like my little dock on the south side of the map..not much going on at all. Not close to any trader or anything, but, not a lot going on. I did note today, that someone had TOTALLY pilfered my shack at my lumber cutting post. Not too much to take really, some medical supplies, a few magazines just in case, and some cooked meat but, still. I may have to put walls around it now..

On the plus side, I was there and cut the trees down until the chainsaw ran out of gas with no aggro of any AI. Couple of zeds came my way, but, they were quickly dispatched. So, that was good. I did get a couple of AI to spawn on me when I was putting sandbags on the helipad but, just retreated back, got out the DMR and took them out. They both had AKs and were no match at range. You just have to have it in your mind that they may spawn on you and look for you. Adds a little more risk to things. I now carry a sniper rifle and a couple of mags for the AI just in case. I found the either the MK17 SD or the DMR work well, depending on whether you want loud or not. I stay away from the M107 for AI killing as it just makes too much damn noise and will aggro everyone in the area.

And again, I was against the whole roaming AI thing in the beginning. Didn't think it was going to be my cup of tea, but, gotta say, not that bad once you adapt your play style to the possibility that they may be looking for you at any time. Fields take on a whole new meaning..

#12 Edamame

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

Glad you are coming around on the roaming AI. They take some getting used to, but once you adapt to them they are some good fun.

#13 Lin

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

You have to put in a little bit of time and gain some experience. Yes, they will kill you sometimes, but if you keep moving and apply some old BF1942 or DoD:S tactics, you should be fine. The only time they're a pain is when they spawn behind you. But if you keep moving, that's not as much of a pain either.

I have found that I needed to upgrade my Stary base in order to incorporate my vehicles, they were getting destroyed by AI and other players.

Missions aren't terribly bad, you just have to stop shooting the mission AI long enough to look around you...and carry a radio, that's a key these days. You will get a warning of AI about 80-90% of the time. :)

#14 Warrior124

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

I wouldn't mind AI's at all, except with my system (and slow ISP) much of the times I hear them firing next to me, but I don't see them. I've also noticed I can hear them, but they are on the opposite side from where I hear them. Such as if I hear firing from the right they are on the left side, but again I can't see them much of the time. If I could see them, or pinpoint exactly where the firing is coming from I wouldn't mind it as much. Since it is on my end though I have to deal with it, lol.

#15 Thirteen

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:23 PM

I wouldn't mind AI's at all, except with my system (and slow ISP) much of the times I hear them firing next to me, but I don't see them. I've also noticed I can hear them, but they are on the opposite side from where I hear them. Such as if I hear firing from the right they are on the left side, but again I can't see them much of the time. If I could see them, or pinpoint exactly where the firing is coming from I wouldn't mind it as much. Since it is on my end though I have to deal with it, lol.

Are you sure you are wearing the headphones the right way? LOL

#16 Warrior124

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

Yes, I am, but I may need to turn it around, lol.

#17 Bucket

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:45 AM

I've noticed when you press M for the map my fps drops down from 36 to 9 and when we have lighting and rain on Cherno fps drops down to 22. Just head's up -b

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com