Photo

Ref; Surprise on the Coast!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 TomKnollRFV

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:59 AM

This is partially to alert Admins before they delete/impound the vehicle..and for other players who like to explore...

General Note:

I believe in the spirit of this, in game admins are exempt from this hunt.

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I was asked by Birney to post this :) Have fun!

There is a locked Skoda on the coast, a red one. The keys are inside, along with gold. If you find it, I put it there, and I bet an admin can unlock it for you for finding the prize. <Apparently vehicles autolock after restart. I did not know this when I did this>. I can verify the contents/location. Have fun! I'll probably do this with other crummy looking vehicles with better prizes. So for those new players, it's their first ride with a bit extra inside.

Have fun looking :D

PS: No I wasn't mean and put it in Cherno.

**STATUS**

Still Available

**STATUS**

Official Rumor!:

Looks like some one was trying to cut and run from the bandits. Heard they cut out and stashed their vehicle. Poor guy never made it. Stupid to go cross country to find a safehouse..still, at least he left the dosh in his ride.

#2 TomKnollRFV

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:40 AM

VS35 Civilian Truck:

**STATUS**

Available

**STATUS**

Key code for admin; Green Key 2935

Rumor:

Some former bandit rolled through Bash and sold alot of his kit, claiming he was to settle in the North where he wouldn't be bothered. No one heard from him for a few days and the last heard was an explosion from the way he went. Alot of zeds were seen moving towards the area. Nice rig though, and he was trying to build a cabin. Ought to have a nice bit of dosh left from retiring all his kit from the life of a bandit. Course no one went out in the woods to find him. Shame too that mines were deployed so much in the uprising.

Notes: Truck filled with lumber, some supplies, and a few 10 ounce bars. Its off road and to the north. Keys are in it! Enjoy the exploration!

** Also there isn't actually mines there. Just flavour. You know, unless an admin is mean. ;) **

#3 TomKnollRFV

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:09 AM

**STATUS**

Not Available. Found by Sniper via Map flashing the name when he looked at it. Lol.

**STATUS**

Key Code for Admin: Black Key b60c

Rumor: I guess some wannabes rolled up on Olsha's tradepost and stole a ride and some of the gold they were counting. Took off towards the coast in a Vodnik and were seen trying to cross a bay. Course the reason the Vodnik wasn't being offered was a failing pump system..

Notes: This one has 4 brief cases in it and some guns!

#4 TomKnollRFV

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:53 AM

**STATUS**

Not Available! Found by Mindgames!

**STATUS**

Admin Key: Black Key Eb72

Rumor: Looks like a recce flight got lost..They were doing a sweep for hordes and reported instrument damage. Single crew, using one of our new AS50s. Last radio chatter was 'Far Over..' We think some thing caused an EMP effect. No comms since.

Note: Pook gunship. AS50.

#5 Enforcer

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:39 AM

So, are we to delete the vehicle once they are found?  That red car is still sitting along the highway, locked.

#6 TomKnollRFV

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:09 AM

I was just discussing that one. Yes, delete it if there's nothing in it.

I had intended that if new players found the vehicles, they'd keep them/sell them. Except I think the Red Skoda has been found and reused three times now. I keep being told people restocked it, but I don't even know where it went now.

The VS35 is still out there.

<I admit Enforcer, this was a much better plan before I realized people may loot and not drive the vehicle>

#7 Enforcer

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:43 PM

Ah, things don't always work out the way you saw them happen in your own mind.  Believe me, after 11 years of doing this..we have tried and failed at many of things..

#8 TomKnollRFV

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:18 PM

Well. The others worked. I guess the Skoda wasn't even worth it to bambis :)

#9 TomKnollRFV

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:19 PM

VS35 has now been claimed :)

#10 TomKnollRFV

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:36 PM

NEW RUMOR

STATUS FOUND By DOBBS

Looks like a recon team got bounced on the coast. Most of them got away but the driver took a round and bled out in their ride..

They were just securing some gold too. Damn.

VEHICLE: SEDAN. ENJOY :)

Loot: Mk16 CQ/T. Few MRES. Few Canteens. Over 2 briefs of gold.

Key: Yellow A897. I have a spare at my base.

Upgrades: Offroad Performance.

Donator: Toph donated the vehicle and I shoved stuff in it :)

#11 Bob Dobbs

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:47 PM

wat?

#12 TomKnollRFV

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:57 AM

I was doing these lil treasure hunts for fun Dobbs :P Writing up a lil bit of story behind em, letting people hunt em down etc. I'll probably do it again after the wipe when I reach 'Stupid Rich' level and can sink 5+ Briefs into each one lol.

#13 Enforcer

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:13 AM

How would one check the vehicle if it is locked?

#14 TomKnollRFV

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:24 PM

I keep a notepad file of where they were Enforcer and the 'last item' in was the key, and I kept copies of said keys, so if people found them I could pop over with the correct key and unlock it.

Or as I was intentionally posting the key code in the hints; an Admin could check the gear and verify the key inside was the matching one. In theory this all works smoothly. In Practice...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com