Photo

Migration and You: What does it mean?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Enforcer

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:53 AM

Hello Barrett.  Good to see you in here prowling around.  Maybe when they make this game for the smartphones, eh?

• SgtBarrett likes this

#42 Randigar

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:37 PM

anyone notice he said it almost hurts?? hehe

#43 TomKnollRFV

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:44 PM

So since this has been rolling around the TS3 channel a bit..

Is there a chance that the militarized server can be brought up at the same time as the wipe? Some of us voiced if we're going to restart it from scratch it wouldn't be so bad if it was on the Napf militarized server, a sentiment I for one share. If I'm restarting again; at least it would be on an entirely new game as it were.

I thought I'd ask, though I understand that there's alot more work behind the napf server. But I can still ask :)

#44 sniper43

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:47 PM

i vote nuke the server but let us have one item that we wanted with in reason

#45 Yojimbojohn

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:50 PM

Hello everyone I have been looking over the last few post and I would say that start with a clean slate is the way to go. There are a lot of data base problems that are showing up every day. I have done my time in tech support and the one thing I have learn is when you have a bunch of small problems then a major one is around the road sooner or later. It would far better to do a clean slate now and know that it is coming then to long on one day and find the data base has crashed and we a force to do a clean slate. It will suck in the begging because no one likes to start over but as time goes on we will rebuild and beside look at as a chance to try something new in base building also maybe with a clean slate they maybe able to look at new script that will make the server even better. The one thing we all should have learn in life is things change and that never stops happening and thus is the same way with games like these just have to keep your chin up and keep charging. :)

• SgtBarrett likes this

#46 Enforcer

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:53 AM

The suggestion last night was for a complete restart.  New database all the way around, to include players as well.  We all will start with nothing.  The caveat..maybe increase people's humanity right off, if they want, to that of hero to facilitate making the gold from hunting.  That is an easy do through the admin tools.

I would love to have Napf up and running at the same time.  The issue: Part time IT personnel.  Unfortunately, we have IT players who actually have real life obligations as well.  I know, right..?  And Spring has arrived in many parts of the country and that means warmer weather and many chores to get done before it becomes full blown summer, and hella hot.  So, while I would like for a militarized server to sprout up in place of the part time Panthera server, it is what it is. 

My vision for that server still remains the same though, harder AI, more aggressive, better armed AI making it a challenge.  BUT, you want a Bradley IFV, you can get one.  Want a tank..you can get one.  Want a copter with rockets, you may be able to get one.  We would have to figure out how to attach AA batteries to the mission files and such, or with the M2 machine guns, it still may be difficult, even if you manage to take out one or two machine guns...who knows.  

With limited time from our IT folks, what do we focus our energies on?  The main Chernarus server, or the militarized one?  Right now, our focus has been on migrating over all that is Moongamers to the new box/new drive etc. and because of that, a possible new game has been tabled.

#47 Yojimbojohn

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:45 PM

I would love to have the militarized  server up that would be cool. But I agree lets get the main server dealt with then after all said and done and it is work good then we could look at the other options. Everyone knows how bad I want the big guns but I can wait so that the main server is done and running good.

Also may be upping the humanity in the begging would soften the blow for some of the people who do not want to see the server wipe I think that would be a compromise for all side we get the wipe to help the server and they get a humanity boost so they are not worried about the money side they can start selling heli right off the bat but that just my thought about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com