Photo

DayZ Etiquette...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Warrior124

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:55 AM

During the past month I've started playing this game I've had fun, but there have also been times I downright dreaded playing the game. Like all games this one had its ups, but it had its downs as well, and it was mainly because of the way people acted towards one another at times.

Now, for the most part what's said to me I just let roll off. However, we've all got to remember that we are there for one thing. The name of that thing is called, fun. We have someone here who works very hard at the cost of his own fun many times to try to make sure the rest of us are having fun, Silverhawk. He not only has this game he has to worry about, but others as well. So, when we all start coming to him with problems we can fix on our own it puts an extra burden on him. He will tell you he enjoys helping as much as possible, but even he has his limits. If possible weigh your needs, and if there is something you know you can fix on your own please do so, or ask others to help. If there is a problem only he can fix then go to him. Even better ask in TS if anyone else knows a solution to the problem. If no one can help you then please by all means contact him then.

As many people know there have been some people constantly asking for blood bags, or other such help with frequency. For the most part many of us will help when we can. However, everytime you have to ask for help just know it interferes in others gaming and fun. If you're constantly getting yourself into trouble don't be surprised if people will start refusing to help. This is a game of strategy. You have to learn how to take care of yourself. I know it is nice knowing you have alot of people to help you when you need it, but patience has its limits even in the most of caring. If you want to learn how to take care of yourself ask to team up with people to run with them, and let them train you. Ultimately you're responsible for your own safety.

Veterans too, don't get discouraged when someone new doesn't know what they are doing. When you talk down to someone just because you think they should know better it doesn't help you nor them. If you have someone running with you please be prepared to take the time to train that person. Training means taking the time to make sure that person is geared the right way, and ready for combat. I remember when I was with someone. I was still new, and thought I was ready to help, but it turned out I wasn't, and the person I was with didn't even take the time to make sure I was properly equipped and all. That person died, because I wasn't ready, and had little knowledge about the games mechanics. It was his fault as well, because he was overburdend, and kept passing out, because he was carrying too much weight. So, be patient, take the time for both of you to be prepared, and remember that each of you are ultimately responsible for your own safety.

People have been constantly arguing back and forth concerning looted spawns, and such. As has been said in another thread there is no guarantee once you have a vehicle it is yours. Just yesterday we had someone get mad at someone else just because another player took his truck. Well, this person was good enough to take the truck back to where he found it. He didn't have to. He could've taken it to sell it. This same person got aggravated after damaging a chopper, and I was about to come help fix the chopper. However, instead of waiting he decided to log off. Well, he left alot of silver, as well as other things, in the chopper. I used a bought engine part I had as well as scrap metal to fix it up good enough to fly, and I took it to a base for him. I saw the silver, and decided to hold on to it for him as well. Then, I had to run a long ways back to mine own chopper at night time with zombies on my heels lol. When he came back on today he found out his chopper was partially fixed, and I returned the silver to him as well. I didn't have to do all that. I could've taken the chopper, sold it, and kept the silver as well. I didn't, however. Unless you have a key you do NOT own the vehicle. Just because you have items in that vehicle doesn't make it yours, and more than likely you may lose the items you had there. If someone cares enough to help then show your appreciation for the help.

If you feel something has been lost there are always ways of getting those things back. I've heard some people say that the time it takes to get items replaced is like a commodity to them. Well, this game is about taking the time needed to do things. It also helps teach us a little about taking care of ourselves, and the things we possess. Funny how a game can teach us valuable lessons, lol. However, this one can. It teaches us if we are careless we could end up losing what we have. In life we don't have admins who can replace things we lose, or many people who will work with us to replace what was lost or destroyed. Treat yourself in this game as you would yourself in real life. Be prepared to face the consequences of the actions you take, and don't expect an admin to help you each and every time. Take the time to learn the game, and learn how to survive.

Above all remember it's just a game. Take the time to be respectful to one another, and everyone will have fun. Things will happen we think shouldn't. Words will be said. Things will be lost, stolen, or destroyed. Take things with a grain of salt, and don't let things get under your skin. Remember that fun is what you, and everyone else are here for.

#2 Enforcer

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

Well said, Warrior. Thanks for posting.

#3 CrDraggin

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

Great post buddy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com