Photo

Dayz Status

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Enforcer

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

Because of a difference of opinion in regard to the direction of Dayz, well, no that's not quite right..because of the difference of opinion regarding access to materials related to Dayz, Silverhawk has stepped down from Core, stepped away from adminnnig, and in fact, has left Moongamers completely and took his code with him. He was unwilling to sit down and try to work out a compromise over what can and cannot be accessed and/or changed. He was unwilling to accept that his behavior has been less the exemplary here of late and although a coding genius, there are certain things that will not be accepted here no matter how good you are at writing code.

So play at your own risk. There are no more mulligans. There are no more "admins" to assist with anything at the moment so play and build at your own peril.

We are, at the moment, evaluating our options. We do not have access to the box so we cannot just copy the database and transfer to another box. We will be asking our hosting company if this is possible. Dayz is on the same box as BF3, a ranked game so not just anybody can get on to that box and monkey around with it. We may end up having to start completely over with another provider. I don't know at this time, what we will be doing.

I thought it fair to let everyone know the situation. Thanks for all the time you all have spent in game to make it a fun place to scavenge. I am confident something positive will come about as a result of this turmoil.

#2 JohnAlan

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

If you can gain access to the box, I can help with some of the code issues. Not a code genius by any means, but I can do some.

#3 Enforcer

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

Thanks John, and if we can get the game transferred to a non ranked box, we might just be needing some help just to figure things out during our learning curve.

#4 LeadPaint

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

Is there any way to contact him? I know I don't hold much of a position around here, but I would at the least like to try.

#5 Irish_Trunks

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:30 PM

We'll do what the best we can and help each other out. If we hafta start over, then we start over. Granted I know a bunch of you have put in an incredible amount of time and effort into the game and the building projects, but it also wouldn't take as long to rebuild since we know what we're doing now. Hopefully it doesn't come to that but if it does, you at least won't have lost a player for it. :)

Also total dibs on the Electro docks if we hafta rebuild

#6 JohnAlan

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:00 PM

You can export the database to another box if you can access the original. Thos would keep you from having to start from scratch.

#7 Enforcer

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:54 AM

That is our hope, that we can export he database from one box to another unranked box. The issue is: the dayz games were housed on our ranked Bf3 box. As such, your average admin does not have access to a ranked box and that's where one of the issues lies. In an effort to save money we did it that way knowing there would be limited access, really by just two people, one with coding experience and one without. Far as I know, a help ticket has been generated and we'll have to see if they know what they are doing as far as exporting the database over to another unranked box which will open itself for more administrative access to those within our community vs. not.

Leadpaint, I don't know off hand what his current contacts are. His profile might be a good place to start, I have not checked as I am typing this but, that information may still be accurate. He still has all accesses in the forum as well, as typically we give those that resign a week or so to cool off, and re-evaluate that decision. Sometimes, they realize the decision was in haste and quitting wasn't necessarily the answer, but, the end all beat all cry that something has got to change. Sometimes they don't. In this case, I have no idea as I have not been contacted or included in any further discussions.

#8 JohnAlan

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

If the admin that still has access to the box needs instructions on exporting the database, I can walk them through the "mysql/myadmin" way of doing it. Other than that way, I'm lost. My assistance in whatever capacity I can, is yours.

#9 birney

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:34 AM

To me this thread quite literally defines the word 'gaming community'. We lose our technical guru and at least three people step up to offer help and assistance to keep there game/server going. Irish trunks sums it up brilliantly with this

We'll do what the best we can and help each other out. If we hafta start over, then we start over.

What I do know to be true is this, if we can sort out the server provider/access issues than with your guys coding and technical knowledge and willingness to step up, Dayz may be around for quite a while yet within Moongamers.

We as Core need to learn from this post as we do have other games/servers to also think about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com