Photo

When did you discover BF42?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 kaiserj

Posted 25 January 2020 - 05:12 PM

During my cousin's wedding reception I left for awhile with some other cousins and went to a friends house. When we got there the friend and other mutual friends had a mini lan party going on. They were playing this WW2 game that I never heard of before. My cousin's boyfriend let me play on his pc for a bit and I got hooked. A couple weeks later I went to Target to buy them game. One of the expansions had just been released so they had this end cap display with the expansion and BF42. Someone at Target accidentally priced BF42 the same as the expansion and since I was the first customer to catch it, they honored that price before changing it. 

• Rubulator, Highway Man and Capn Cackler like this

#2 Highway Man

Posted 25 January 2020 - 05:58 PM

My older brothers played the expansions alot,
I first downloaded it when it was released free for the 10th anniversary, stopped playing for a few years, and Re discovered it back in 2017 and made MoonGamers my home sweet home.
  • Rubulator and kaiserj like this

#3 Rubulator

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:42 PM

Not long after it came out... played for about 3 years on and off then stopped. Played BF2 and 2142 for a bit... Then none for years... and found the CD's again in 2014ish and reloaded... and well... here I am.

#4 kaiserj

Posted 25 January 2020 - 08:16 PM

I've taken many breaks that have lasted years.

• Rubulator likes this

#5 Capn Cackler

Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:59 PM

Saw the full anthology pack at best buy, my dad bought it and I have been playing since 06 but never got into online multiplayer until recently.

#6 dodgem

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:56 PM

A school friend introduced me to Battlefield Vietnam in 2003. We played it for most of that school year (although my PC could barely run it). Then, just before the summer holidays in 2004, he mentioned Battlefield 1942 had got great reviews and it would be a nice change. The plan was to play online together over the summer holidays. I bought the game but for whatever reason he never did so I was playing it all summer.

Played it with another friend (two of us on one computer taking it in turns) and we happened to start doing quite well on Omaha Beach with the BAR. Kept going back to Omaha servers (WAGS, BUGS and Moon) to try to re-live those good rounds. Found my home on Omaha TDM 2700 tickets: 4-5 hour rounds of epicness. Been here ever since.
  • Wasabi® and Capn Cackler like this

#7 Angerfist

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:13 PM

Saw it in a department store in 2006 / 2007, Vanilla with both expansion packs for 10 Euros.

#8 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:17 PM

Saw it in a department store in 2006 / 2007, Vanilla with both expansion packs for 10 Euros.

Who are you?

• Jubilee likes this

#9 Angerfist

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:21 PM

Who are you?

da bez n u no it

• Jubilee and Rubulator like this

#10 Highway Man

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:38 PM

Who are you?

da bez n u no it
Pretty sure I'm the best

#11 Wasabi®

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:26 PM

Who are you?

da bez n u no it
Pretty sure I'm the best

At dying, yes
  • Jubilee, Rubulator and Capn Cackler like this

#12 Highway Man

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:31 PM

Who are you?

da bez n u no it
Pretty sure I'm the best

At dying, yes
Nitpicker :chk:
  • Rubulator likes this

#13 Colonel Tavington

Posted 31 January 2020 - 12:33 PM

I was watching a lot of Combat! at the time and when I saw it on an end display at Target I realized I could play army again.

• Rubulator likes this

#14 Zap Rowsdower

Posted 01 February 2020 - 02:55 PM

through my dad. he is far more into online gaming than  i am, this is the only game i play online. 

i went to visit him around the time bf2 had come out and he was telling me about the fun he and his neighbor had with these games. i tried bf2 a few times and it didnt send me too far. and besides,my computer at home couldnt run it it anyway. during his tales of online glory,my dad told me about the previous game he was playing,bf42. now this sounded more interesting,who doesnt like ww2? growing up during the time the history channel,discovery channel and tlc was pretty much all hitler,all the time...this game sounded perfect. and my computer could run it. essen and caen did lag like hell though. i came to moongamers because at the time it was mostly omaha beach and i've stuck here ever since.

• Rubulator and Highway Man like this

#15 BrEEd

Posted 01 February 2020 - 07:11 PM

I think I discovered this game in 2003. I was likely over my friend's house watching him play it and then shortly after asked my mom to buy it for me.

• Wasabi®, dodgem and Jubilee like this

#16 Wasabi®

Posted 01 February 2020 - 08:16 PM

I think I discovered this game in 2003. I was likely over my friend's house watching him play it and then shortly after asked my mom to buy it for me.

:-D

#17 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 08 February 2020 - 09:33 PM

Home computers were expensive (especially one that could run this state of the art game at the time) and a luxury at the time.

There was a PC arcade at the university here. A buddy of mine dragged me there after it came out, and there went many many hours of my life!

• Rubulator likes this

#18 battlebuddy

Posted 10 February 2020 - 08:19 PM

Towards the end of the dial-up modem era I remember playing the demo (wake 24/7) and was amazed at the graphics and gameplay.  This and half-life were the first multiplayer games for me.

I tried BF2 & BF3 and didn't like them as much.

Moon has a great community and I'm honored to be part of it.

• dodgem, Rubulator and Highway Man like this

#19 smegga

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:16 AM

i first was shown BF42 by a friend and i was hooked, we played wake and omaha beach and i loved it. i then joined moongamers and played a lot and it was the first time i was given the chance to an admin for 42. the rest is history. i unfortunatly cannot get 42 to run anymore. so i moved to other games i am thankful to moongamers for the privledge to still be an admin.

• Wasabi® likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com