Photo

Server Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Enforcer

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

Okay, here is a place for you to put your opinion into what or how the Day Z server should be set up. I am not nearly as educated in the wayz of Day Z set ups but, here are some of my thoughts for consideration:

Remove all planes. Helicopters...yes. A C130...why? If removing any aircraft would spawn another couple of copters, I would be for that.

Large bags at traders. I think having the ability to buy a large bag would benefit everyone. I know for me, 12 slots is just not enough. 2 epi (one for me, one for you), 2 morphine (one for me, one for you), 2 blood bags (one for me, one for you), couple of beefsteaks, a jerry can, and a water bottle..well, that don't leave a whole lot of room for much else.

Leave all hints on for now..nametags, death notice, cross hairs, and third person.

Key mod to enable admins for the server to walk up to an owned vehicle and retrieve or remake a key in the event one is lost. This is, of course, pending our own Silverhawk being able to tie a purchased vehicle to a GUID or player ID or something.

More day than night. While I enjoy the NVGs at night and all, I would vote for something like six hours of day and two hours of night on a server with an eight hour refresh cycle. Four hours of night does not seem like a lot until, you play four hours of night.

Mostly cooperative play. Gotta be honest, personally, I am not looking for this to be a bandit filled world. Yes, I know and understand this is an aspect of the game, but, for now, I would like to explore the game, its options and build an experience of "survivors vs zombies" without the additional stress of wondering who can you work with and who will you have to fight. Really, it seems that in a pug server, you would have no real choice but to kill any that you met for fear of they themselves being a bandit. Right now, I think we have Irish Trunks as our resident bandit for trading purposes, but, that is about all.

I would like a "point and click" admin tool vs rcon command only type of RM. There are several out there and from an admin side, I would like the ability to move, repair, teleport etc if it needs to be done. I would caution against spawning anything. If is not in the game, then it is not in the game. No spawning helicopters at this location because you don't have a ride. Foot it. I have done it, as have most in the game. Sell a car, and run your butt back to where you came from. I would like this style of tool just because for me, it is simply easier to use vs commands from within game.

So, those are some of my thoughts on this server. I believe it is running on another one of servers and doesn't require any additional funding however, be mindful that all proceeds are used to pay for the overhead of Moongamers to include the box this game is running on.

Have fun, and let's kill some zombies..

#2 Sgt.Stahlman

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

The only thought I have is that the server, if possible, to be set to no Decay. Meaning, I build my building and three days later, if I don't keep it up, it disappears. Some people don't log in everyday, or every three days. And to spend your whole time gaming just looking for stuff to upkeep your stuff, what is the point of building?

If possible I would like to get this setting turned off.

Thanks, more to follow at a later date.

#3 Irish_Trunks

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

Well the decay is so things aren't built and abandoned, creating a bog down on the server. There could be a way to maybe have decay gone for those active, but if you're gone for a certain amount of time then it does indeed disappear.

#4 Xeylore

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

I think we should change back the plot poles so you can build with out them but are still needed to help maintain and stop people building on you spot

#5 bill

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

The only thought I have is that the server, if possible, to be set to no Decay. Meaning, I build my building and three days later, if I don't keep it up, it disappears. Some people don't log in everyday, or every three days. And to spend your whole time gaming just looking for stuff to upkeep your stuff, what is the point of building?

If possible I would like to get this setting turned off.

Thanks, more to follow at a later date.

this has my vote

#6 bill

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

longer crafting times, befriend a dog, short nights, fog that's about it maybe set up a capture the pole game play in both pvp and pve sounds fun to myself and a few others when I brought it up, oh yea and ai bandits and heros
Bill

#7 Irish_Trunks

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

I actually rather enjoy the night, it adds a whole new feel to the game. Shorter nights I can definitely agree with, but still long enough that it's experienced. Like, maybe 3 hours or so at random times.

#8 Sgt.Stahlman

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

Not sure if this is possible, but there have been a few things mentioned in channel and thought I would bring this up and have a list for reference. (We know you are already swamped Silver)

Plot Poles that prevent Zombies from Spawning Within the 30m radius.

The ability to crate up more than just bacon when it comes to food.

Possibly be able to purchase whole building parts at the wholesale trader. (Walls,Floors)

Thanks Silver, so far, things are looking great in our server!!

#9 Irish_Trunks

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:54 AM

I like the idea of plot poles making it where zombies can't spawn in the 30m radius. Also, today's the day I learned they don't already do that. That would make it handy to at least know that if you've built up a good wall of protection on sides, you are relatively safe to mill around and not deal with a sudden spawn next to you.

#10 Enforcer

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

I know Silver, along with so many other things, is checking on the bandit AI scripting. I think that would be fun to have to battle it out with AI dudes, while out doing your business..

#11 Irish_Trunks

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

That definitely would be cool. I have no idea how the AI or spawning of such bandits would work though, cause if it would be similar to the zombie spawns, then having someone with an AK suddenly appear behind you would be incredibly annoying.

#12 Enforcer

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

True that Irish, but, that also would mean it would be much safer to travel with a buddy than solo and would add a dynamic once our bases are pretty much built. Zombies are one thing..armed AI bandits are another..

#13 Irish_Trunks

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:20 AM

Also true. This is hardcore stuff man.

And quick question, but just how smart is this AI? I've heard it's pretty decent, even as far as looting a body. But are we also talking laying-down-in-a-ghillie-suit-unseen-and-ready-to-take-the-distance-shot smart?

#14 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

PVP server:

Now that we have the AI players in game, it would be nice that if you have to start over you start with some stuff.
Like:
-Knife
-Map
-Hatchet
-Bandages 2x
-Soda can
-Can of food

-A gun/pistol?

Any other suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com