Photo

what do you think the distinction is?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Spare Parts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 09:27 PM

Base Attack      Base Rape      Base Camping ?  Tell me.

• Rubulator and Highway Man like this

#2 Highway Man

Posted 22 September 2019 - 10:09 PM

To me
Base attack is: each team has a few flags, yet you still might fly into the main, but not constantly attack it.
Base Rape: is constantly over and over repeatedly attacking the main, getting killed, then going back to the main.
BaseCamping: like punky, go into the main and kill and kill.

But Base Rape and camping fall under the same umbrella.
  • Rubulator and Capn Cackler like this

#3 Capn Cackler

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:04 AM

To me
Base attack is: each team has a few flags, yet you still might fly into the main, but not constantly attack it.
Base Rape: is constantly over and over repeatedly attacking the main, getting killed, then going back to the main.
BaseCamping: like punky, go into the main and kill and kill.

But Base Rape and camping fall under the same umbrella.

Base camping/rape are basically the same imo. I would add that it usually involves the victims being unable to do anything before being slaughtered.

• Highway Man likes this

#4 Wasabi®

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:30 AM

Base attack all you want, I don’t care

Base camp a little, I’ll get annoyed and knife you / blow you up

Base rape, I’ll get very angry, kill you and then make a point of slaughtering you as much as I can in the cheapest way possible.

I’ll not let base rape go on for more than a few minutes before I start warning/kicking people.
  • Lonestar likes this

#5 Spare Parts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:41 AM

Base attack all you want, I don’t care

Base camp a little, I’ll get annoyed and knife you / blow you up

Base rape, I’ll get very angry, kill you and then make a point of slaughtering you as much as I can in the cheapest way possible.

I’ll not let base rape go on for more than a few minutes before I start warning/kicking people.

but where are the lines?  what makes attack different than rape?

#6 Highway Man

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:46 AM

What cackler said,
. I would add that it usually involves the victims being unable to do anything before being slaughtered.

Base Rape is repeatedly doing it over and over, not doing anything other than base raping. Attack is you go in the main kill someone then leave.
Or its just tomato tomahtoe....
  • Capn Cackler likes this

#7 Capn Cackler

Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:33 AM

I guess base attacking becomes base rape when people stop having fun

• Highway Man likes this

#8 posi

Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:07 PM

Semantics

Moongamers has stood on solid ground due to a well defined rule set as opposed to Admin opinion.  A few diehard trolls would debate this, Jawbreaker for instance has written entire pages on forums.  I question whether to this day he has bothered to ever read rules and policy before engaging in mind numbing rants.  I doubt it.   

This rule was late in the life of the server.  The server has its roots in Omaha CQ with allied forces held by tanks in camped positions.   That being said, it is one area where not just the players but the team itself could use a little work.  

Players -  Is that the other teams ONLY spawn?  If so, chill out. 

Admins -  Are there other spawns available?  If so, let the main be hit.  That team should be spawning up and defending new points.

• Rubulator and Highway Man like this

#9 Spare Parts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 02:10 PM

Semantics

Moongamers has stood on solid ground due to a well defined rule set as opposed to Admin opinion.  A few diehard trolls would debate this, Jawbreaker for instance has written entire pages on forums.  I question whether to this day he has bothered to ever read rules and policy before engaging in mind numbing rants.  I doubt it.   

This rule was late in the life of the server.  The server has its roots in Omaha CQ with allied forces held by tanks in camped positions.   That being said, it is one area where not just the players but the team itself could use a little work.  

Players -  Is that the other teams ONLY spawn?  If so, chill out. 

Admins -  Are there other spawns available?  If so, let the main be hit.  That team should be spawning up and defending new points.

Looking for definitions.  In other words, I am looking for the semantics.

#10 Dr. Detroit

Posted 23 September 2019 - 03:10 PM

Base Rape / Camping   As frustrating as it is when you are the victim , I'm with Wasabi when it comes to wreaking hell on the perpretrator(s).   If given the opportunity I'll return the favor. 

As for Punky - it's a constant, but it is more fun foiling his camping or any other camper.  

I define base rape when several enemies are in your base with and without armor/aircraft.  Camping is usually a single layer just looking for cheap/easy kills.

When it gets out of hand , maybe stopping it until the victim base gets settled again. 

Also, Max and Brunn should be limited to semi auto shooting  :)    - lol  just kidding. 

• Rubulator likes this

#11 Rubulator

Posted 23 September 2019 - 04:04 PM

To may toe, To mah toe, Red thing on a vine...  

• posi likes this

#12 Spare Parts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 05:16 PM

I have seen different behaviors all called variations of the three i mentioned.  Stealing a tank is not Base Rape, but I saw someone call it that.  Is all Base Attack bad?  Is all killing in the enemy base, rape?  You say tomato, i say spawn killing in the base.  Which one do I want with my burger?

• Rubulator likes this

#13 Highway Man

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:08 PM

I have seen different behaviors all called variations of the three i mentioned.  Stealing a tank is not Base Rape, but I saw someone call it that.  Is all Base Attack bad?  Is all killing in the enemy base, rape?  You say tomatoe, i say spawn killing in the base.  Which one do I want with my burger?

Depends if you like ketchup or not...
  • Capn Cackler likes this

#14 Rubulator

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:23 PM

I have seen different behaviors all called variations of the three i mentioned.  Stealing a tank is not Base Rape, but I saw someone call it that.  Is all Base Attack bad?  Is all killing in the enemy base, rape?  You say tomatoe, i say spawn killing in the base.  Which one do I want with my burger?

Point taken... It's base "X" Limbo... How low can we go(campers)... I know you guys are talking about this at your level.

My input at the moment is stop active camping/killing... If you want to dash in for an asset... fine... but dont "camp"... Get in... get out... dont fire your weapon …

Planes... Stay clear... no strafing the base confines.  Once the other teams asset has left the runway/base then have at it...

And dont fire in, unless they fire out first... AA, tank arty and arty arty…  

#15 posi

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:41 PM

This is an area I'd like to see us lick our wounds for not being perfectly in sync.   If the NO-Camping is in effect, the other team is already down and been down.  Having their equipment only makes it worse.  

If I'm lead in that situation.  STAY OUT OF THE MAIN.   Means exactly that!   Seal it with a KISS.

KISS =  Keep it simple stupid.

• Highway Man likes this

#16 Spare Parts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:53 PM

This is an area I'd like to see us lick our wounds for not being perfectly in sync.   If the NO-Camping is in effect, the other team is already down and been down.  Having their equipment only makes it worse.  

If I'm lead in that situation.  STAY OUT OF THE MAIN.   Means exactly that!   Seal it with a KISS.

KISS =  Keep it simple stupid.

Yep, looks like I agree with a lot of what you just said.  However, I need answers to the question I asked, not reactions to where you think this might be going.  To be clear, I need your opinion on the wording and definition of the 3 terms I gave.  Highway got it...

#17 Rubulator

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:02 PM

Just to clarify. My points re if we are re-working the topic... Not, if we are using the existing conditional rule.... 

#18 Spare Parts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:30 PM

Just to clarify. My points re if we are re-working the topic... Not, if we are using the existing conditional rule.... 

exactly.  I am looking to see if we are all even talking about the same thing when we use the terms we do.  Looking for a baseline.  Perhaps that will lead to another discussion, that seems likely.  This topic is in "general discussion" because I thought a broader opinion base was appropriate and hopefully fruitful. 

• posi and Rubulator like this

#19 Zap Rowsdower

Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:00 PM

what side of the gun you are on?

to me base rape is what the end game of battleaxe is.

• posi, Rubulator and Highway Man like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com