Photo

Map Voting

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:36 PM

Yer Rub i agree it gets boring but whats the difference between joining market with low pop and battleaxe with low pop? 45 mins of battleaxe gets boring because theres no objective. Change it to CTF and it makes it more exciting and gives an actual purpose to play. Maybe we need more game modes instead of mostly everything conquest.

Many have still be waiting for berlin with no vehicles. And why is there not a single TDM map? Infantry players should get a chance to play their style every once in a while after getting smashed by tanks and planes every other map...

The current setting we have for CTF (a max of 5 flags) interferes with TDM maps. The TDM round will end when one side has 5 kills, so for now an admin will have to set it. One thing you should not forget with the infantry only maps (no expacks/nades) is that we also have a lot of high ping players that are not necessarily good at infantry i.e. they will have a hard time getting a kill which will make players frustrated.

• Rubulator likes this

#22 Lonestar

Posted 08 January 2020 - 03:31 PM

So we can’t play TDM or good infantry maps on a USA server because you would rather appease and be fair to high pingers? Does AX and Simple play tank only maps to be fair to American high pingers? Some of these reasonings are lame and ridiculous. You can’t even get a good CTF match going on berlin with a 5 flag limit. You can drive a tank from flag to flag and end the map in 5 mins only to switch the server back to market. Makes no sense. Its sad the only way to keep population here is to follow these weird guidelines. If i want to play market all day I’ll stop by otherwise i may have to go somewhere else. I might as well only play Moongamers on sunday

#23 Highway Man

Posted 08 January 2020 - 05:27 PM

My interpretation is that TDM maps can not be put into rotation since they would end with 5 deaths on a team.
Unless an Admin specially sets it next map.
I ran a TDM map once. It immediately got
voted to Battleaxe CQ.

#24 kaiserj

Posted 08 January 2020 - 07:27 PM

I love sniping in El Alamein, but my teammates get mad because I'm not helping CTF. Can we have EL Alamein in a mode other than CTF? 

• Capn Cackler likes this

#25 Capn Cackler

Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:09 PM

I love sniping in El Alamein, but my teammates get mad because I'm not helping CTF. Can we have EL Alamein in a mode other than CTF? 

ik right!

#26 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 09 January 2020 - 04:07 AM

So we can’t play TDM or good infantry maps on a USA server because you would rather appease and be fair to high pingers? Does AX and Simple play tank only maps to be fair to American high pingers? Some of these reasonings are lame and ridiculous. You can’t even get a good CTF match going on berlin with a 5 flag limit. You can drive a tank from flag to flag and end the map in 5 mins only to switch the server back to market. Makes no sense. Its sad the only way to keep population here is to follow these weird guidelines. If i want to play market all day I’ll stop by otherwise i may have to go somewhere else. I might as well only play Moongamers on sunday

My interpretation is that TDM maps can not be put into rotation since they would end with 5 deaths on a team.
Unless an Admin specially sets it next map.

If it's set by an admin, the admin will have to !flagsoff right at the start. Regarding high pingers, this is one of the thing we look at when setting certain maps. Other kinds of players we look at is infantry, tankers or pilots. If there are a lot of infantry players in sure we will try Stalin or Berlin.

Regarding capping a map out fast, it's not only Berlin CTF that suffers from it. Capping out maps fast is not by our fault, that's mostly the fault of players. A player wants to play different maps, but then also want to cap it out within 5 minutes, this also happens on certain CQ maps. That's a reason why we modded some maps so both sides have uncaps.

• Highway Man likes this

#27 Lonestar

Posted 09 January 2020 - 09:38 AM

If it's set by an admin, the admin will have to !flagsoff right at the start.

that shouldn't be too hard to remember, right?

Regarding capping a map out fast, it's not only Berlin CTF that suffers from it. Capping out maps fast is not by our fault, that's mostly the fault of players. A player wants to play different maps, but then also want to cap it out within 5 minutes, this also happens on certain CQ maps. That's a reason why we modded some maps so both sides have uncaps.

Actually it is ya'lls fault for setting the limit to 5. Its not the players fault the round ends in 5 minutes just from playing it normal. It doesn't even allow the team to strategize to take out the tanks. If you can mod Caen to be uncapable then why can't there be an anti-ruin feature for berlin and stalingrad too? Are they really trying to cap out to change map? If they want to leave so bad why not just vote out? If we aren't going to get the option to play TDM atleast change the flag limit to 10 or even meet in the middle at 7. Doing that also gives the admins a few extra seconds to remember to turn !flagsoff

Please consider or try running TDM with flags off more often

• Rubulator and Highway Man like this

#28 MonkeySpank

Posted 09 January 2020 - 12:10 PM

Blasphemy!!

#29 Rubulator

Posted 09 January 2020 - 12:20 PM

An FYI lone. We lost our modder. So for now the maps cant be changed. There are some things, like !flagsoff we can do. But our tools are limited.

• Highway Man and Lonestar like this

#30 Lonestar

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:43 PM

An FYI lone. We lost our modder. So for now the maps cant be changed. There are some things, like !flagsoff we can do. But our tools are limited.

Not exactly mod it... just take measures to make sure it doesn’t get capped out instantly. You wouldn’t want players capping out Caen just like you wouldn’t want players stealing flags and ending the map before you can take a bathroom break.

Flagsoff would be nice and we could actually play a 30 minute map without it being ruined

#31 Lin

Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:06 PM

The only way we cater to high pingers is that the high ping kick is set for a higher limit. Otherwise the map settings and rules are not for high pingers, they're for everyone. And while we lost one of our modders a while back, we do plan to address some map changes this year.

• Rubulator and Highway Man like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com