Photo

TeamSpeak Tip: Hotkeys

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 Lin

Posted 01 March 2004 - 01:01 PM

You can assign hotkeys in TeamSpeak for certain functions, and access them without having to Alt-Tab out of Battlefield. I have one hotkey assignment for the mute toggle, so I can mute and unmute my microphone while in game. Here's how to do it.

Go to TeamSpeak. Click on:
> Settings
> Key Settings
> Add
> Action: under Action, select Toggle, then Mute microphone
> Set your hotkeys. Be careful what keys you set, you don't want to set a key that is also needed for the game. I have a combination of two keys, Shift + Home, as my toggle. To set a combination, click on left Set, then press your right Shift key. Then click on the central Set and choose your Home key.
> Click on OK and you're done!

Now whenever you use the hotkeys Right Shift + Home, you'll toggle your mute on and off. I set mine specifically on the right Shift so I could one-hand toggle, otherwise you need two hands to toggle if you use the left Shift key...

Now the only thing you'll have to remember is once you mute, don't forget to unmute to talk to others! TS will let you know if you just muted or unmuted, so if you're not sure, just toggle to find out.

#2 Enforcer

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:39 PM

Or..buy a headset with the mute feature already on it. The whole alt+tab+ctrl+W+spacebar+END key requires too many fingers. While I am muting, I just got a headshot by one of my favorite snipers. Damn..as I spawn up top running to the defgun..we'll see about that headshot..damn you snipers.

#3 Boondock Saint

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:54 PM

Brother E....you make a valid point for those of us with a mute/volume button on our mics....but Lin is probably helping those that dont have that feature.....now they also can toggle their hot keys just like Lin....she just prefers to toggle with one hand versus two which is OK also....

I use the mute button on my mic

I need two hands to toggle my...... :angelnot:

#4 Enforcer

Posted 01 March 2004 - 03:43 PM

Is that both hands in pockets diggin for change while Trixie toggles your hot keys or is that your mute button..it is all just so confusing.

Lin toggles her hot keys with one hand eh? That leaves the other free to [mute] and to [mute] while I [mute] to get the [mute] and [mute].

Does that make more sense now, Boondock? Hope all is cleared up now. :-D

So, as I was saying, the mute feature on the headset does come in handy..

OMG..did I just say [mute]?

#5 Enforcer

Posted 01 March 2004 - 03:45 PM

I thought this was a technical help fourm..Lead can you help us out on the one handed vs. two handed toggle hot key feature?

Which one is supposed to give one the most satisfaction in toggling?

#6 LeadPoison

Posted 01 March 2004 - 03:52 PM

I prefer a seperate user to toggle my hot keys....

#7 LeadPoison

Posted 01 March 2004 - 03:57 PM

see lin, I told you so! Should have made the topic a closed sticky. :P

This topic has exited stage left...................right into the gutter
oh well they all go there anyway.

#8 Enforcer

Posted 01 March 2004 - 04:45 PM

:blink: Lead Poison, I have no idea what you are talking about son..please clarify for us computer noobs..what gutter..where?

#9 Lin

Posted 01 March 2004 - 04:47 PM

...sigh...! :jerkit:

:leave:

#10 Boondock Saint

Posted 01 March 2004 - 05:01 PM

But I use my left hand......doh..... :applaud:

#11 LeadPoison

Posted 01 March 2004 - 05:43 PM

:withstup: enforcer, I haven't taken a topic to the gutter yet, so I did!

#12 Enforcer

Posted 01 March 2004 - 06:50 PM

And for that matter..how does one exit stage LEFT...RIGHT into the gutter..wouldn't you left into the gutter.. :huh:

#13 LeadPoison

Posted 01 March 2004 - 07:18 PM

time to get technical on enforcer :)

webster's

Main Entry: "right"
Pronunciation: 'rIt
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English riht; akin to Old High German reht right, Latin rectus straight, right, regere to lead straight, direct, rule, rogare to ask, Greek oregein to stretch out
1 : RIGHTEOUS, UPRIGHT
2 : being in accordance with what is just, good, or proper <right conduct>
3 a : agreeable to a standard b : conforming to facts or truth : CORRECT <the right answer>
4 : SUITABLE, APPROPRIATE <the right man for the job>
5 : STRAIGHT <a right line>

#5 is the meaning I chose for the word "right." As in, "this thead goes right into the recycle bin!"

-_-

#14 Enforcer

Posted 02 March 2004 - 02:44 PM

Oh, Lead, I love it when you talk dirty to me..well, when Lin isn't saying Dammit..

:shutup:

#15 LeadPoison

Posted 02 March 2004 - 02:46 PM

:rofl:

#16 Lin

Posted 02 March 2004 - 02:48 PM

Enforcer[defgun]Lin

"dammit Steve!"

#17 Boondock Saint

Posted 02 March 2004 - 03:07 PM

So bumping uglies is now called "defgun".....ok....I got it.....gotta keep up with the slang.....you kids..... :boff:

Duke Duke Duke

#18 Lin

Posted 02 March 2004 - 03:21 PM

Um...no. How can you tell?

I've never been known to say "dammit" when bumping uglies...

Heh...he said "kid" again...

#19 Why Two Kay

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:40 PM

I use it for switching channels, that way i can zoom around if i switch server.

#20 DarkFall

Posted 21 August 2004 - 10:37 AM

see lin, I told you so! Should have made the topic a closed sticky. :P

This topic has exited stage left...................right into the gutter
oh well they all go there anyway.

A "closed sticky"??? How can you accuse others of guttering a subject when you use language like that??? I don't even want to know what a "closed sticky" is, let alone how it got that way... :blink:

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com