Photo

Why am i getting kicked?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 drewmitch

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:01 AM

I played on this server BF1942 for years and years. At night i get disconnected constantly. i notice that i can play all day with no problem. my ping is about 60 i work til 11 at night us eastern time. when i get home at that time my ping might be 36 average. is there a admin mad i knifed him? i dont use any cheats i donated to the server i just wonder whats up?

#2 dodgem

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:29 AM

Hi,

Do you get any error message?  Does it just say "disconnected from server" or does it say "kicked from server".  Does BF1942 crash completely so you end up back at your desktop?

It doesn't sound like an issue caused by admin intervention, but if you can give us a bit more info, we might be able to help.

#3 drewmitch

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:25 AM

it just says "disconnected from server" nothing crashes. I access the game using Xfire, not sure if that is the best program just the one i been using since ea shut down. anyways my ping is great and i have a blazing fast internet provider. Like I said above this problem only seems to happen after 11 pm eastern time.  Also seems funny it only happens after i kill like 2 or 3 people in a row. soon as i kill the person i am kicked. Thanks for any help you can give me.

#4 Grassy

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:20 PM

I was having a similar problem a few months ago, I simply took the side off of my PC so it could get more air and cleaned the fans on the power supply and the video card. Still working and no more problems

#5 drewmitch

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:56 AM

i still am getting kicked at night. i have fast internet my ping stays  around 50 and every 5 minutes i get kicked. while im playing i see tons of people getting kicked. it seems like there can only be like 5 people on eather side. I dont get it!!! can someone please help me???

#6 Angerfist

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:21 AM

Sounds like something is wrong with your router. I see that you get disconnected often, very few times you get kicked by us for idling. Most of the time it's a standard disconnect. 

#7 DerRaucher

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:34 PM

I had the last days connection problems with servers outside of germany. A tracert showed a bad hub in italia and usa. But that could be a problem with my provider and the level3 connection.

Random disconnects from server isnt new, i have the problem now over 5 years... and some others too.

#8 Enforcer

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:44 AM

and what kind of name is washingtonsnyper?  Is that referencing the two madmen that terrorized the Washington DC metro area some 13 years ago? 

• Angerfist likes this

#9 Lin

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:37 PM

I will routinely kick players who go idle (no score, no chat) in order to keep teams even, especially overnight when the player count is low. i don't know if this is your issue, though.

#10 drewmitch

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:17 AM

yes it is about the two mad men who terrorized the dc area. I am the man that actually handcuffed the older man(not allowed to say his name). We watched him for two days. I took his name after looking for white ladder rack van for months!!! there a movie about it but the man not as hansome as me who did the handcuffing.

#11 drewmitch

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:19 AM

and by the way im still getting kicked. I dont know if i need to know how to port forroward my comcast modem? i seem to be fine during the daytime. just at night time i get disconnected constantly. i dont know what to do. i need help!!!

#12 Enforcer

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:14 AM

Hmm, Me thinks you have no idea what you are talking about.

If you are the man who handcuffed the older one, why would you not be allowed to say his name.  Go google it and his name, John Allen Muhammad, pops up everywhere.  And furthering that thought, if indeed you were on this case for two days looking for the white cargo truck, a more accurate description would have been "watching for this truck for three weeks."  As the sniper mayhem began October 2, through Oct 24, ending at a rest stop in MD. 

If you were actually working that case, as a law enforcement officer, in this officer's opinion, you should be banned from our server for principle's sake.  There is no way, and I mean NO WAY, a law enforcement officer is going to take on the name, whether in game, in life, or any other place of a suspect they may have placed in custody that caused so much havoc as did Muhammad and his teenage accomplice.  I have worked many a homicide scene and have locked up my share of homicide suspects over the years and for me to take on that name would be paramount to blasphemy.

So, in your case, I am throwing down the bullshit card.  I think you are full of it, and trying to present yourself as something you are not.  And as a law enforcement officer, that offends me.

Now, I am but, just one voice here at Moongamers, and have expressed my opinion about your post.  But, if I were you, I would be setting the record straight..and with some haste.  And given that I suspect you are indeed a troll, looking just to stir things up, similar to people with names like Hitler, Obama, Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein etc. I am not worried about your disconnecting problem one bit, and in fact, would not be all that upset if your IP never connected to our game again.

And lastly, if you are going to troll, at least spell the damn word correctly "sniper."

• Grassy, -=TheTroopeR=-, Escaped Mental Patient and 1 other like this

#13 Lin

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:57 AM

For those having connection issues...it can be any number of things. Your computer, your ISP, your router/modem, or the same at our end...but it can also be any number of hubs between you and the server. When we were based out of Virginia, many had to go through the Washington DC AT&T hub. It was problematic and would drop numbers of players at a time. Nothing any of us could do about it except to move.

In your case I will state again that I kick you quite often for idling. That means you have gone to sleep in the server, there is no death or kill for xx number of minutes. The more chronic a player becomes at this, the shorter amount of time I allow for them to idle. Your name comes to mind as a chronic idler, so...

#14 drewmitch

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:55 AM

yea but most of the time I am walking to a spot to snipe from when  i am kicked. can you allow me more time then please?

#15 Lin

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:30 PM

I send out warnings and the basic start time is 15 min. I am not in any way indicating this is the only reason you are losing connection, just a possibility.

PS...You might not want to ignore Enforcer's post above.

• Grassy likes this

#16 Enforcer

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:53 PM

[waiting]

#17 drewmitch

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:16 AM

what are you waiting for?

#18 Lin

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:31 AM

*gets popcorn*

*turns up volume*

*sits down*

:jerry:

#19 drewmitch

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:34 AM

getting kicked now!!! before work i dont get kicked one time! its right now and im killing one or 2 then i get kicked. and im getting killed here and there also

#20 drewmitch

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:37 AM

i been on this server for years and years. i dont get what is wrong with my playing here. i dont know what a troll is except that they have long hair and bring good luck to old ladys at bingo. so why am i being disconnected?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com