Photo

TF2 is Now FREE !!!!!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Scoop1967 - Dan

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

Team Fortress 2 is now FREE to play! Download it Now. Let's get some games going

TF2 - Free

TF2 Free FAQ

#2 Sgt.Stahlman

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:51 PM

installing now

#3 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:16 AM

Wonder why it is free?

#4 Sir Germinator de muerte

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:28 AM

Are u getting it harry?

#5 SabaHell

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:02 AM

They now have a system where theyre selling items, I think the cash shop idea is to make up for the lost funds for those who won't buy the game. Correct me if I'm wrong.

#6 gensolo

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:11 AM

You are wrong Saba.

http://www.develop-o...es-free-forever

That's why its free.

TF2 has always been Valve's "lab rat". They test everything on it, last year they started testing the "Mann-conomy" which is where you can buy in-game items with real money, but they don't unbalance the game-play. Now they are testing to see how a free-to-play game with an economy works.

In my eyes and many others this is a huge test for their work in progress game DOTA2, where they are going to try and knock LoL out of the water.

They don't have lost funds, in fact by banning people who hacked they made more funds because those people bought new copies of the game. The game has been out since 2007, and I would say as probably sold millions of copies (retail and on Steam).

Valve doesn't lose money on their games.

They're one of the few companies (if only) that cares about their customers. They have given 219 free updates since 2007 with TF2, and plan to do more as the game continues to thrive.

The game is worth a try, go download it.

#7 gensolo

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:14 AM

Also if you want a premium account as detailed here: http://www.teamfortr...etoplay/faq.php

Go to Target or Best Buy or somewhere that sells TF2 (I think it's only 9.99) and buy it.

or you can purchase something from the in-game store as well.

#8 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

Are u getting it harry?

Naw. Steam is frustrating, least for me. Just to try and play DOD, Steam has 36 hours of updates.
I am a very low-keyed person. But when I see that Steam has an update. I get "tight jawed" :wasnt-me:

#9 Monkey

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:22 AM

Are u getting it harry?

Naw. Steam is frustrating, least for me. Just to try and play DOD, Steam has 36 hours of updates.
I am a very low-keyed person. But when I see that Steam has an update. I get "tight jawed" :wasnt-me:

When I see a Steam update I first start to cry then I run and hide, then finally go fix everything that got broken sometimes for a few days then I finally get to play the game.

As for TF2 harry I think you might like this one... its geared a bit more to fun with all the different classes. One class lets you go invisible, another lets you do super jumps... pretty funny and some good time can be had... Once I get back from taking everyone to work today I should have our TF2 server finished and up running and playable for us all. If by chance it fills we might consider a second but only if we get players in and the server is full for a while. With all the new players I see this as something easy to accomplish.

#10 sagittarii

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:45 AM

Im downloading TF 2 right now.

#11 Scoop1967 - Dan

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:42 AM

Played if for about an hour this morning...had to wait to get in !!!!! ROCK ON TF2 !!!!

#12 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:15 PM

Played if for about an hour this morning...had to wait to get in !!!!! ROCK ON TF2 !!!!

I usually wait that long or longer too when I try and play DOD. Steam always has so many updates. :pokey:

#13 sassearge73

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

I've downloaded it, too.
but it gets no connection to just 1 (one) server.
refreshing server list = empty list / no server found
restarting the pc after downloading/installing: nothing happened.
a bug?

#14 Scoop1967 - Dan

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:52 PM

Windows Firewall Blocking it?? Mine popped up and I had to 'allow' it

#15 Sir Germinator de muerte

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:16 PM

I gets no servers too in the list, even with the firewall off. :angry:

#16 Section8

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:18 PM

I got the "no servers" too tonight as well but knew they were there so I took out all my filters, hit refresh, put server list in alphabetical order and found all 4 MoonGamers Servers. Two I had already added, the others I added at that time and am now good to go.

P.S. I restarted both steam and the game before doing the above.

#17 LuigiBrotha

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:31 AM

I believe that this is actually more of a problem due to the ammount of people trying to get to the serverlist. I've played TF2 since the beta and never had problems with it until it became F2P. Luckely I had a couple of servers in my favorites and these seem to be working just fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com