Photo

DoD:S meeting Sun Apr 22 6:00 pm EST

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Comet

Posted 22 April 2007 - 07:08 PM

For those who couldn't make the meeting...

We discussed our current map rotation and felt some changes were in order. We recognize our player base is small therefore very large maps should be discouraged for the time being. We'll start the rotation off with a small map and build from there, the idea is to build a player base first before we get to a larger map. None of these maps are huge, most offer a means to get into the battle relatively quickly. However, when the server has 4-6 players you do not want anything but a smaller sized map...that has been agreed upon. Admins will have the flexibility to make change when that occurs. New admins will be added to the mix so we maintain the ability of swapping out of rotation if need be.

The new rotation has been slightly modified...

flash
argentan
avalanche
kalt
donner
rails

This is not set in stone, we'll gather in meeting to alter the rotation if we feel the need. Colmar got the boot, it just didn't do much of anything for anyone...enough said. Rails has been a long standing classic map, the latest version will be given a try to see what ya'll think. It has similar characteristics to avalanche. Our rotation is vital to the servers success, it should be a matter of interest to all who play. Please take the time to check out new maps and post your findings. A meeting such as today might not be a bad idea from time to time so we all have a say in what goes on.

Maps will now run for 30 minutes, avalanche will stay at 40 minutes.

A default map has been chosen when the server player base is nil, that being flash. The server will be set up in such a manner to do so automatically.

New maps will be introduced from time to time during game play, perhaps even a map night can be set up.

Enforcer's a-coil is good to go in his air conditioner, mean while back at the ranch Ryan is sticking to his naugahyde office chair butt naked battling the sweltering heat.

That's about it for now, hope this recap gets you up to speed.

"Point Secure"

#2 KILLER BOB

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:48 PM

Sorry I had to leave just after it started, so thanks for posting the minutes dan. IMO, we should have a mostly rotation, such as avalanche, to get people in, and then we can switch to custom maps when we feel like, similar to oman. I dont believe that the server will take off unless we have a signature map, just like the majority of other moon servers.

#3 Striker

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:27 PM

aww man!!!! i missed it? i was working at my shitty mickey-d's job and i missed it!!!! GAH!!!

well thanks dan for the minutes though, some excellent points seem to have been made... it's much appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com