Photo

Tobruk

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ATF_CA1

Posted 11 February 2022 - 04:58 PM

To whom it may concern:

Tobruk the way it is set up and is stupid with moonbot because snipers can hide behind the hill on the allies side and nobody can kill them really.  They have the advantage because they are behind sand bags, have a ammo box right on the runway and they have line of sight and height of shooting to give them a major advantage.  The opposing team can not get in position to kill them unless it is behind them and that is not allowed on the hill because it is "in" their base.  I would suggest that you make some changes on this map due to this unfair advantage.  I am posting here so you can see that I am not being a poor sport but pointing out suggestions for the map.  Your admin's have said they welcome suggestions in the gray language on maps etc.  

Thanks

*S*

CA1

#2 Capn Cackler

Posted 11 February 2022 - 05:25 PM

To whom it may concern:

Tobruk the way it is set up and is stupid with moonbot because snipers can hide behind the hill on the allies side and nobody can kill them really.  They have the advantage because they are behind sand bags, have a ammo box right on the runway and they have line of sight and height of shooting to give them a major advantage.  The opposing team can not get in position to kill them unless it is behind them and that is not allowed on the hill because it is "in" their base.  I would suggest that you make some changes on this map due to this unfair advantage.  I am posting here so you can see that I am not being a poor sport but pointing out suggestions for the map.  Your admin's have said they welcome suggestions in the gray language on maps etc.  

Thanks

*S*

CA1

There are three ammo boxes between axis main and the rest of the map. The middle one is protected as it is a lot closer to the axis base, and it also has almost no visibility of the main battle area. The two outside ones are better sniping spots, and are also fair game. 

#3 Ooby

Posted 11 February 2022 - 07:24 PM

You are talking about Battleaxe, not Tobruk. Perhaps you should know the basics before offering suggestions. 

It's difficult, but the sniper can certainly be killed while in the spot you're referring to. However, it is also difficult to be effective with the sniper from that position - a skill that only a few remaining players posses. 

The solution here is for you to practice or get creative. Making modifications to the game that caters to the less talented is not the move. 

#4 Capn Cackler

Posted 11 February 2022 - 08:48 PM

You are talking about Battleaxe, not Tobruk. Perhaps you should know the basics before offering suggestions. 

It's difficult, but the sniper can certainly be killed while in the spot you're referring to. However, it is also difficult to be effective with the sniper from that position - a skill that only a few remaining players posses. 

The solution here is for you to practice or get creative. Making modifications to the game that caters to the less talented is not the move. 

To be fair, as a sniper sitting either in front of the allied airfield or in front of the axis main are the best spots to be. They offer good visibility, cover, and ammo. I don't really enjoy having to walk for 2 minutes to base and back to get ammo, and I run out a lot. If there were easier access ammo boxes, I would happily move elsewhere. It's the same reason tanks like to be where they are in the axis main.

#5 ATF_CA1

Posted 12 February 2022 - 02:04 AM

Well I am sorry I got the name of the map wrong Ooby, but I would appreciate it if you didn't make my suggestions personal.  That being said, I think my point is valid and the very fact that the snipers have moonbot to cover for them in my opinion is stupid.  The last time I played it I spent the whole map trying not to kill the sniper, but to just distract them from their targets on the bottom of the valley.  I did this by getting tank into position and firing "for affect" around this player so they couldn't focus on the battlefield as well.  Even then, they were effective at hitting targets and having a score of 26-3 with me accidentally killing her 2 of the 3 times.  I in all honesty was just wondering if the powers at be could consider making some changes to take away this obvious unfair advantage.  One suggestion would be to make it so you can snipe on that map and only that map from any position to kill the sniper on the hill.  This would make it so these very talented snipers would have to watch their backs.  

Thanks for listening and your comments.

Regards,

ATF_CA1

#6 Stamper

Posted 12 February 2022 - 01:04 PM

I did this by getting tank into position and firing "for affect" around this player so they couldn't focus on the battlefield as well.  

Well man, you might have just solved your problem.

Step 1:  Remember where you had the tank parked and were doing this, assuming it was probably far out of range of moonbot.

Step 2:  Spawn as sniper.

Step 3:  Sneak to where you had your tank parked.

Step 4:  Kill the sniper.

Step 5:  Go back to getting flags.

Step 6:  Repeat as necessary.

#7 Capn Cackler

Posted 13 February 2022 - 12:01 AM

I did this by getting tank into position and firing "for affect" around this player so they couldn't focus on the battlefield as well.  

Step 1:  Remember where you had the tank parked and were doing this, assuming it was probably far out of range of moonbot.

Honestly sneaking up is the best thing to do. Hide someplace no one would ever think to check, not behind a tree or some rocks. If you are getting quickly found and killed you are not hiding well enough. PLEASE don't be one of those people that drives a jeep to their spot and leaves it their.... it's a beacon begging me to shoot you.

• Stamper likes this

#8 Stamper

Posted 13 February 2022 - 10:35 AM

Honestly sneaking up is the best thing to do. Hide someplace no one would ever think to check, not behind a tree or some rocks. If you are getting quickly found and killed you are not hiding well enough. PLEASE don't be one of those people that drives a jeep to their spot and leaves it their.... it's a beacon begging me to shoot you.

Might I add that Step 3 should be done without a vehicle.  Lol

#9 Colonel Tavington

Posted 14 February 2022 - 12:13 PM

Tobruk was a good movie.

#10 kaiserj

Posted 14 February 2022 - 07:20 PM

And if someone who isn't you is sniping, don't drive up to them in any vehicle and just sit there calling for them to get in or just driving up on them and just sitting there. LEAVE US ALONE!

• Capn Cackler likes this

#11 Ooby

Posted 14 February 2022 - 09:55 PM

Well I am sorry I got the name of the map wrong Ooby, but I would appreciate it if you didn't make my suggestions personal.  That being said, I think my point is valid and the very fact that the snipers have moonbot to cover for them in my opinion is stupid.  The last time I played it I spent the whole map trying not to kill the sniper, but to just distract them from their targets on the bottom of the valley.  I did this by getting tank into position and firing "for affect" around this player so they couldn't focus on the battlefield as well.  Even then, they were effective at hitting targets and having a score of 26-3 with me accidentally killing her 2 of the 3 times.  I in all honesty was just wondering if the powers at be could consider making some changes to take away this obvious unfair advantage.  One suggestion would be to make it so you can snipe on that map and only that map from any position to kill the sniper on the hill.  This would make it so these very talented snipers would have to watch their backs.  

Thanks for listening and your comments.

Regards,

ATF_CA1

Take it however you'd like, but I was offering criticism to your original complaint because I think you're off the mark. I would agree that Moon Bot has parameters that can be exploited, but I don't think this is one of those scenarios. 

#12 Rapid Fire

Posted 15 February 2022 - 02:44 AM

Moon bots sole purpose is to keep Lin from not being killed. And if somehow she is killed, moon bot teaches you not to do it again. Lol.
But yes there are some limitations to moon bot. Especially making it hard for snipers to be killed around the sand bags. I hate it when I bomb players in tanks and aa guns, they bail out and then die from being thrown from the explosion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com