Photo

DayZ Aftermath: A New Day

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Lin

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

This is an announcement, a status update and plans for a Kickoff Event this weekend!

Announcement
We have rented a new 50 slot DayZ server. It is currently stopped until I have had a chance to work with xeylore, Warrior, Archemedies and others on installing mods. We will have full admin capabilities and a new DayZ Admin forum for the admins. We will have Master Keys, Self-Blood, AI, Events. We will have what makes us happy gamers.

The server will be UNpassworded in order to try to gain new players to make up for the ones that were bored and/or sent away from the earlier game.

We are NOT currently planning to bring the old database into this new server. The Kickoff Event will see all of us starting fresh and finding our way together. We will start with a short discussion in TS about how to approach a new start, then we'll load in and get things going. :)

Status Update
The current database remains on the ranked box. We plan to retrieve the database, and I will work on putting them back into place on the Unranked Chicago box. There are pros and cons to this:
- We have a lot to learn but for now, we do not know if there were any changes to the current database that may not be compatible with admin scripts and mods.
- We do not want to use any coding from the prior unfinished work.
- There will be a mod available that will make building much faster and easier. It is a "snap" building mod that snaps your modular pieces into place, so you can build alone and build straight.

While we may well be able to put the old database back up on the unranked box, it will take a little more time to do, so it may be unavailable for a short time (1-2 weeks). And, there is the real possibility that moving the old database will fail. In any case it must be moved as it has been residing on the Ranked box, which costs $190/mo and must go away. BF3 hasn't been populated for quite some time, and DayZ was certainly not supporting itself. So, this box will be cancelled this month.

The bottom line is, we will give our best efforts to bring the current database back for gameplay, but the outcome of those efforts, at this time, is uncertain.

Kickoff Event
We have done it before, we can do it again. We are going to start a fresh DayZ game this weekend on our new server. Some of us have done this a couple of times, some of us were given "stuff" and knowledge when we started and never had to "rough it". In any case, I'm really looking forward to a new, fresh start and running with you guys to scavenge, build, and create a new playing ground!

What is installed:
Admin scripting with three levels of access
6hr restarts
Server time (I do not yet know how this will work with the 6hr restarts)
Zombies are on "normal" difficulty
The ability to change anything we want.

What is coming:

Master Keys
Sarge AI
Self-Blood (depending upon vote!) :)
Snap-Building

What is available:
These are just some of the mods that are available. However, just because they're on this list doesn't mean they will be going on to the server, and it doesn't mean we even want them on...these are just a sample of what is available out there. If you're interested in any of them, let us know and we can talk about it! :)

DayZ Missions
This is an in-game mission system that creates AI groups and loot crates at random points on the map. There are 4 types of crates available and 12 missions.

Custom Loadout
Players start with a customized inventory. Place your loadout in the order notes.

Epoch Trader City Safezones
Protect players from PVP and Bandits while making transactions in the trader cities. Epoch only.

Helicopter Fast Roping
Rope down from a hovering helicoptor.

Cannibalism
Sometimes food is short and you need to survive. Allows you to gut and eat dead players.

Wardrobe
Gives your players the ability to change their own clothing through a simple menu activated with the scroll wheel. Wardrobe is deactivated for 30 minutes after use to prevent players from changing too often.

Booby Trap
Creates a small stash underneath the player that then spawns a grenade that detonates if a player gets to close.

Custom Death Screen Image
Custom screen on player death. Upload your image to imgur.com and add the image link in the order notes.

Camera Pan Start
Add a camera pan-to-player effect in when player joins the server -

Custom Loading Screen Image
Custom screen when loading into the server. Upload your image to imgur.com and add the image link in the order notes.

Modify Helicopter Crashes
Change helicopter crashes, including loot drops -

Excelsior Bridge
A bridge which connects Skalisty Island with Chernarus -

Flip Vehicle
Flip a vehicle back onto it's up-right position if it falls over, use scroll wheel to activate -

Headshot Suicide
Last resort for those trapped in the zombie infestation. Requires secondary weapon with at least 1 bullet in the magazine. Use scroll wheel to activate.

House Lighting / Street Lights
Brighten up the cities at night -

Random Clothing Parcels
When you find regular clothing, it will randomize to be 1 of 4 soldier outfits every time -

Refuel Script
Auto-refuel gas stations.

Remove Street Objects
Removes objects in streets, wrecks, tents at Balota, and more -

Sarge's AI Framework
Custom AI enemies -

Towing / Heli Lift
Lift vehicle with helicopters and tow cars -

Bloodbag Self
Give yourself blood using a bloodbag. Use scroll wheel to activate -

Care Packages
Care packages (medical package, custom wreck package, plane paradrop packages)

Crowbar Knockout System
Crowbars made functional to knock someone unconscious for a few minutes -

Custom Debug Monitor
Toggle on/off debug monitor -

Custom Loot Tables
Modified loot table for better and more loot spawns and less junk -

Remove Parts from Vehicles
Strip Vehicles for parts to use

Tent: Sleep Healing
Tents will heal you. Leave heal speed in order notes (default is 800 blood per 2 min)

Zombie Package
Zombie package, video http://www.youtube.c...d&v=GBVIqlRCvO4 and http://www.youtube.c...d&v=1HNNdHlhn8E

Epoch Repair Refuel Rearm
Dynamic service points where you are able to select the options, to refuel, rearm, and repair for the cost of gold.

Divine Healing
Use churches to heal and cure infections.

Epoch Base Elevator Script
Build elevators for your bases. Epoch only.

DZAI
Designed to be a simple, configurable, easy-to-install AI package.

WAI
Secondary missions and AI.

Snap-Building
Easy to build / place buildings. Epoch only.

Epoch Chernarus Spawn Select
Option for players to select spawn location at start. Epoch Chernarus only.

Epoch Infected Camps
Infected campas like DayZ will spawn on the map with loot. Epoch only.

Take Clothing
Take clothing from players and AI.

JAEM - Just Another Evac-Chopper Mod
Allows you to make an Evac-Chopper Field anywhere and turn any chopper into an Evac-Chopper. If you start fresh, all you need is a Chopper, a key in inventory, and a full briefcase for payment.

Craft Vehicle From Parts
Find and use spare vehicle parts to craft and make simple vehicles (MMT_Civ, TT650_Civ, ATV_US_EP1, CSJ_GyroC)

#2 Archemedies

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

COOL!!!!
Gotta run catch up with u guys lata!

game on

#3 Warrior124

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

This is going to be awesome!! Thanks, Lin! :applaud:

#4 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:17 PM

I like it, the only thing I'll miss are my chainsaws and my armored SUV =(
The towing script I would like aswell, also the auto-refuel(easier for the F'nF's ;)).

#5 LeadPaint

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:17 PM

Some of these seem very PvP oriented.. and very solo player oriented. Really seems kind of mashed together.. or is this a catch-all trying to pick up pub players? Did I miss the vote for this or something?

#6 Enforcer

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

There is nothing decided as of yet. The list is just what is available as options. I don't want everything on the list either, but, what do you want.

I do want the ability to salvage hulks and other vehicles for vehicle parts. I do want the snap building for even lines (OMG the way the flooring would go together and move drove me nuts), I do want to have some AI going either on specific areas of the map, or west vs east, or missions..something that we could do once we are built.

I don't want the bridge to the island. I would not want self blood bagging. I would not want making a vehicle from spare parts. Now, I say all that to say but, if I am outvoted, so be it. We could have any of the previous if most of the community wanted it.

Custom loadout..a pistol or pdw for extreme close in and I'm in trouble shots. One magazine. Don't know but, it's on the table..

#7 Lin

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

These are just some of the mods that are available. However, just because they're on this list doesn't mean they will be going on to the server, and it doesn't mean we even want them on...these are just a sample of what is available out there. If you're interested in any of them, let us know and we can talk about it! :)

Believe me, they're not all going onto the server! Overmodding any game is not how MoonGamers has ever chosen to run servers. Your assessment of some of the mods in that list is smack on, Lead, and some will not fit this new server. Miller, I too first saw that one and said "ooo", but then I thought...I don't want to make the game too easy. Encountering Zeds is a big part of this game, and while the F&F's protect us quite a bit, the Zeds can and will still glitch into some of the fill areas, and I am not sure I would want to vote to eliminate that possibility. It is part of the fun of this game.

I believe the end result of all of this change will be more than one server, as we are very aware that there are different tastes in playing. Some love the adrenaline rush you get from constant combat, constant vigil, and some prefer the more relaxed version of the game. I am pretty confident that we will end up with at least a couple of different flavors of servers when all is said and done, and that we should, hopefully, be able to fulfill varying playing styles here. We know that you have been patiently waiting for three months, and while we hate to ask you to wait a little longer, we must do so while we get these set up and running. It is our hope that the wait will be as brief as possible.

#8 LeadPaint

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

Gah, I'd be writing an essay going over most of that. I'd also expect my opinion to be outweighed pretty heavily even if I explained it. Too many ways of healing stands out immediately. Just seems to help out the solo player style. Granted, that pretty much already happens when you look at the tons of cheap vehicles that got strewn across the map. And towing is a deal breaker for me..

Just curious, who will the admins be?

#9 YetAnotherCorpse

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

Gah, I'd be writing an essay going over most of that. I'd also expect my opinion to be outweighed pretty heavily even if I explained it. Too many ways of healing stands out immediately. Just seems to help out the solo player style. Granted, that pretty much already happens when you look at the tons of cheap vehicles that got strewn across the map. And towing is a deal breaker for me..

Just curious, who will the admins be?

how about you

#10 LeadPaint

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

Nope, I'd have pass on everyone hating me. I still have DoDS to watch over anyways.

#11 Irish_Trunks

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

I look forward to this! I actually was thinking of some changes I wanted to make at the Electro piers, but since I had died previously it would've been a pain to tear down stuff and rebuild. God only knows how many crowbars and toolkits it would take. So this works! I look forward to starting it all up! Let's get to this together! :D

#12 Thumper

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:04 AM

What do I need to get into this game? I assume it is a base game with a mod add-on.

#13 Thumper

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:32 AM

What do I need to get into this game? I assume it is a base game with a mod add-on.

Sorry for the double post But I did some research, I believe this is what is required to play Dayz. please correct me if I am wrong:

ARMA II: Combined Operations ( Includes ARMA II and Arma II: Operation Arrowhead)$24.99 USD on Steam.

A quote from Steam, "The Day Z Mod requires Arma II and Arma II: Operation Arrowhead, both are included in this bundle (ARMA II: Combined Operations), however for the best experience (including high detail textures for all models used in the DayZ Mod) purchase Arma II: Complete Collection. $39.99 USD on Steam

Day Z Mod, Cost unknown

I am a player who likes a relaxed game play that doesn't depend on partying up with other players to advance or level up.
I used to play WoW for about 2 years until I got tired of needing help form higher level characters to level up (this was almost a requirement to beat bosses, complete quests and get rare "Drops")

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy co-op play I just don't want to play a game that depends on it.

Would this game be for me?

#14 Enforcer

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

Sure. You can play this game either way. There is no real leveling up so that is not an issue. If you like to solo it, you can. If you want to partner up with one other person and ground pound looting the cities you can. If you want to attack a convoy guarded by bandits, that is possible and we are working on getting that going. The game is a first or third person shooter if you play the campaign. In Dayz, the enemy are pretty cheesy zombies. Graphically they are not real great so you have to use your imagination. But, if you can get past that, they are a constant worry. For the most part, you have to be on guard as they can spawn from just about any object in game. You have the ability to build..a structure, a tent, a landing pad for helicopters..all is up to you.

I want to say the dayz mod is free BUT if you are going to take the plunge do so in ts so we can walk you through how to get it going. There are specific things you need to do and get after the initial download to play the game.

@Lead.

I would agree with you in your assessment and would also vote against some of the things that make this a total solo game, like self blood bagging, towing, and auto refueling. There is autorefueling..get a generator go to a gas station, start generator with your jerry can, and refuel. Oh, btw, keep your head on a swivel as the zeds will come to the noise..and you can't interrupt the process.

To answer your question Thumper, not sure what you mean and whether you'd like it. It is NOT skyrim, all by yourself you must face the world or with some stupid AI follower. And it is not BF4 where you need to a squad to accomplish things. Somewhere in the middle I suspect. It is a sandbox of a game. 225 square kilometers for you to go and do whatever it is you want to do.

Our server will not be PvP though. I would rather kill Ai bandits that other players. So, unless you camp near a bandit camp, you shouldn't have to worry about being sniped out of your base from a player in the hills..

#15 Thumper

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:48 AM

So I caved after watching a few YT vids on the game, I am in the process of D/L'ing the ARMA $24.99 Pack and DAYZ mod, question... after the mod is applyed can I still play the regular ARMA II when I want to?

#16 Thumper

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:33 AM

I would like to thank everyone that was on the server over the weekend for their assistance, patience and generosity.
As I an new to this game there was a bit of a learning curve, specifically with inventory maintenance and looting, I believe I lost 3 guns due to my inexperience with the inventory juggling system.

I have watched numerous vids on YT and have done some research with regards to my systems performance and game play experience, I basically get really bad frame rates in dense or populated areas (even when my set up is set to lowest settings)and barely passable in less populated areas . From what I have read... depending on the level of your in game settings it puts demands on either the CPU or the GPU, in other words if your settings are set to lower than "normal" the game puts demands on your CPU, if your settings are set higher than "Normal" the demands will be primarily on your GPU. In both instances my system is fairly weak (but acceptable, according to the required specs) so I will struggle through, even with sub par graphics. I have modified the .CFG file as per suggestions on the DAYZ forums but I guess you can't get blood from a stone.

I will continue to play, but I have realized that a newer system is required in order to enjoy this game to it intended quality level.

I would appreciate if the members that play this game can post their System specs (CPU, GPU and RAM amount) along with their game play performance experience, I don't want to sway any potential players away from this game but I think the Minimum and Recommended system spec required to play this game that are advertised on Steam are grossly underestimated (IMHO).

#17 Enforcer

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

No. Don't think of in that way, Thumper. You are just keeping it real for any prospective player and their system. I have a rather older system, with what, like the intel i7 3.2 quad core, like 6 GB ram, with only two recognized as I have win7 32 bit, an older 5700 series radeon graphics and a really old sound card by creative labs I wanna say. I purchased my machine like three years ago now.

I hope we did not mislead you with regard to the game and what it has available. Inventory control is a large part of this game and we have ALL lost items, be it gun, or briefcases due to our inexperience of inventory control and what happens if I do this. I wish they would tell you, that if you pick up this soda, you will drop the 10oz gold bars from your active inventory as your active inventory is full, kinda like they do with the bandage and sidearm ammo set. "Pick up 1911 magazine (drop bandage)" kinda thing.

Either way, welcome to the game, and I hope you can scrounge around for a little extra money for some new gear..

#18 Thumper

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

Will do Enforcer, even though I get less than desirable frame rates, the camaraderie and team work more than make up for it...

Case in point, when I asked how to suicide (I was crawling on the ground with 2 broken legs and a swarm Zeds around me) the response from Lin was "What is your location", I said "Why?", "We'll come help you" she responded, to the rest of the group I heard "Common guys let's go get 'em".

Moments later, dizzy from the lack of blood and in agony from the 2 broken femurs not to mention the repeated pounding from the looming Zeds, I heard a faint truck horn in the background, Lin comes across the radio "Can you hear the horn?", "Yeah, yeah I can hear it! Your just west of me" I said, hoping my direction would help.

Deflated and knocking on Death's door I gasped "Lin, don't worry about it, I have a Zed eating me and I think I'm going to die anyway", to which she replied "We don't play like that here, what is your exact location?" Not being familiar with the map I could only answer "In the middle of the street, just north of the intersection. Lin I hear the horn louder, your close...". Before I could get another word in, a beat up pick-up truck comes screaming around the corner and I swear I heard the theme song to The A-Team.

The rest of the rescue was a bit of a blur, survivors jumping out of the truck shooting up the Zeds and securing the area. Even though the gunfire brought more Zeds to the site they were successfully held at bay while my injuries were treated. When I was able to run Lin ordered me to (Insert Swartzenagger accent) "get to the truck!". With the cover fire and after a bit of fumbling I was able to get in the truck, the rest of the team followed suit and we were headed back to base.

#19 SgtTweek

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

I'd like to thank everyone that helped me out with the newby learning curve last weekend, including Lin, Kerfuffle and LeadPaint. :monkeydance:

#20 LeadPaint

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

You are correct on what you read of the video settings. If you have a video card with atleast 512mb of memory, you need the video memory setting at very high. You can try lowering the 3d resolution down as well. That said though, its not the most solid engine... even I lag in downtown Cherno with a machine that overperforms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com