Photo

Napf server issues

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Billy Baloney

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

The Napf map is incredibly fun to play, but there are few issues server side that may need to be looked at by the admins here at Moongamers to make it a more enjoyable place to play for newcomers.

As the admins know, I am the only regular player over there. If I were to join that server for the first time today I would more than likely not come back to it after about my third death. That third death would more than likely happen within the first two hours of play. Over the last few weeks I have seen many people come and play on the server. They all end up leaving rather quickly. Some with parting remarks about the ai and amount of zombies. My own personal problem with the server is the ability to get rich way to quick. The economy is way rich over there. Mainly it is because the hemp price is outrageous. Although I think the gem system is great. The price and ability to get the gems could use some tweeking. Apparently, Yetanothercorpse (he was the admin for those who do not know) is not coming back. So could someone take a look at the items in the following list and see if anything can be done. Thanks.

1. Tone down the zombies. Zombies are cool, but 20 at a time is overkill.

2. Tone down or do away with the random ai. If someone does not have a tank to sit in they cant go to the bathroom and come back without being dead. The mission ai are fine. It's the popups that are not. Way too often. The bathroom remark is not an exaggeration.

3. Make it PVE please!! I think more folks would come in if it were pve.

4. Please do away with the hempaltogether.

5. Plot polesare not working. When you build a base its gone after about two weeks
6. Snap build is not working. <-- Not a biggie for me, but a lot of people like this.

7. Tone down the loot from missions. IKEA gives like 40 metal floors 140 concrete 8 combination locks among tons of other things. Way too much!

8. Maybe get rid of the armor? I kind of like it but it's too easy to get and once you have it, it is very hard to talk yourself out of using it on missions. Especially when no one else is online with you. ;)

9. Review the gem system.

Napf is a big map. Big maps can support large populations. Please help.

#2 Lin

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

We have actually been talking Overpoch on Napf, what do you think about that?

And we will start working on these issues, A HUGE THANK YOU for reporting them!

#3 Billy Baloney

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

Overpoch is fine. It would bring players. Personally I would still just use the DMR.

#4 Edamame

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:40 PM

Please put Overpoch on another server as well. I do not like the NAPF map

#5 CrDraggin

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:50 AM

Thanks for the heads-up Billy!

Sorry for the neglect on the Napf server. YetAnotherCorpse was in charge of the Napf server, but has since taken a hiatus. I will try and spend some time this weekend and early next week to correct plot poles, lower cost of plot pole maintenance, snapping, and extend the decay time to keep bases longer. Although not sure if we do all what you are requesting, but I understand the bathroom break issue while on the Panthera server. Having a base has saved me more times than none or hiding in buildings (but zeds sometime find ya).

I will review the server settings for zombie spawn. From default DayZ settings, zombie spawn is set by default to a total 40 per player i believe. This can be changed though. I will see if this has already been lowered.

Feel free to hop on Teamspeak whenver you like. I am usually on all day during the weekday and it never hurts to poke me to not forget about ya :-)

#6 Lin

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

Please put Overpoch on another server as well. I do not like the NAPF map

What maps do you like?

#7 Edamame

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:34 PM

Chernaus is always good. I really like Panthera and Taviana.

I tend to not like the larger maps. It's probably because I'm more of grounder pounder than a helicopter junky.

#8 Lin

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

So am I, and while Napf looked...big...the last time I was in, so did Chernarus the first few times I was in that. And now it feels smaller, which is why I want to see some other maps. :)

You know, I guess that leads to a question. My understanding of Overpoch is that there are a lot more weapons, and deadlier. Chernarus is already easy enough, how would you balance the addition of player weapons vs AI?

#9 Randigar

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

anytime I have seen AI with overpoch they are armed with the OP weapons as well no more pew pew pew shotguns hehe

#10 Edamame

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

Ideally I would like to see OP on Panthera or a Taviana map (that is set up as a hard AI).

OP weapons in general are not more deadly. The vast majority fall between the standard calibers already in Epoch. Some new rounds are added which typically fall between the exsisting calibers ie .22 on some pistols and .68 and .68 SPC which fall between .556 (stanag) and .762 (AK and MK17) rounds. Outside of the Cheytech sniper which is essential the equivilant of an AS50 the rest of the snipers stay with in the normal calibers as well. I would obviously be for not having the Cheytech in game at all. As that and the AS50 are too overpowered.

OP weapons sets are about variety and options. Since each gun has multiple variants. Most assault rifles have suppressed and unsurpassed versions then 5-6 variants of scopes from iron sights to optics with and with out magnification. A good number, particularly the ACRs have variants to their camo patterns ie black, woodland, snow etc. Ofcourse for assault rifles most come with or with out a grenade launcher system as a variant. This trend continues through most of the gun catagories.

OverPoch does greatly increase the ease and availability of good combat weapons that are spawned. That is simply due to the fact that 600+ weapons are being added to the loot tables. So the chances of finding a weapon increases. This is the main reason OP is often viewed as a PVP centric mod. Less time needed scavenging for a weapon. On a PVE server this helps new spawns deal with AI much better.

On the other side of that is OP also introduces a good amount of new calibers and magazines. Which makes finding the correct ammo difficult at times. A good number of the weapons do use several different mags. For example the HK 417s can use the .68 SPC and the DMR rounds. Both rounds have basically the same stats in dmg travel speed capacity etc. . As well OP also allows suppressed weapons to use non suppressed rounds. Obviously there is no suppression added; since the noise level is tied to the round and not the gun in ARMA 2.

As for your question about how to balance things out. For starters I would put the OP weapons onto the AI. The increased chance of non shotgun wielding bandits is always welcomed in my book. The increased chance of them having suppressed weapons does add to the challenge. For new spawns the increased chance and it's a dramatic increase for finding a better gun in my opinion offsets the AI. I have spawned I to several servers that had no weapons at all on the player kits with roaming AI with cars and helicopters. On every server I had no issues finding a weapon to defend myself usually in under 5 mins. This has even been on maps I am not as familiar with as Chernaous.

After that see what the impact is and adjust then AI accordingly. I really don't see any huge impacts taking place. There really isn't any increase in fire power. Just more options and flavors.

The only weapons that I could see possibly being an issue would be the long range snipers; that are suppressed. Please understand, they have a much higher learning curve due to how ARMA 2 deals with the ballistics of sub sonic rounds. The short story of how the trajectories are handled for sub sonic rounds in the game is ARMA2 will create a parabolic curve for the round to the zeroing point. Which is great if that target is right on that zero. Which means the bullet's trajectory from the barrel will travel along a curve at increasing height til the midpoint and then drop to the zero along that same curve. This plays havoc on the mil dot system. Since it's a curve the distance between mil dots is no longer linear. Not to mention the reduced bullet speed makes hitting runners near impossible. The only real issue would be the stationary M2s. Now I can tell you from expierence in the hands of someone not familiar with the ballistics it's not much of an issue. My friend Blanco and I were doing a Mayor's Mansion on a server and it was roughly 350-360m away from us. He had a suppressed OP sniper zeroed to 400m. Normally just about 1 mil dot down should of hit the M2. Needless to say it took him 21 shots adjusting his aim on the mil dots to hit the M2. Obviously the surpressed versions could be just removed and then it's a non issue.

#11 Billy Baloney

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:37 PM

Can you guys go ahead and add Overwatch please.

#12 Mrgiggls

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:37 PM

I've been playing around on NAPF some. At first I didn't much care for the map, but the HUGE fps increase I get vs. Cherno keeps me going back.....so smooth!

Do you smell a .......

But those AI spawns are ridiculous. I bought a Vodnik and decided to use it's amphibious capability to drive out to one of the little Islands to do a mission that had spawned on the nearby coast. I get to the island and making sure I was not in line-of-sight to the mission, jumped out of the truck. About .5 seconds after my feet hit the ground I was riddled with bullets from the AI that sprang out of the ground 10m from me. The only reason I survived was because I was still right next to my Vodnik and jumped back in to bandage. I'm a pretty much solo player anyway, but even if I did like to use the buddy system, I couldn't ... because nobody plays on this server.
So, as much as I enjoy the fps, I simply don't want play on a server where AI can just pop up and blow you away at any given moment.

If votes count.....I would also vote to move to Overpoch. If you decide not to, please consider editing the random AI and giving players some kind of mobility option at spawn. You guys probably get tired of hearing this from me, but I am a HUGE fan of the bicycle scripts. I know you've had some issues but there are a few different ones. My favorite is the toolbox craft script that lets you take a toolbox, right-click to construct bicycle. You ride the bike for a bit and then deconstruct it back into a toolbox. If you don't deconstruct then the bicycle is deleted on server restart and you have to find/buy another toolbox.
Another less realistic mod is the summon bicycle radio. It's a one-time-use only radio that you can use to call a bicycle. The radio is consumed and the bicycle is deleted on restart.
With a map this big, it's almost a necessity. This is coming from a guy who won't bat an eye at running 5km to my body and would run twice that before asking for a ride (provided there is someone to ask).

#13 Xeylore

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:39 AM

personally if overpoch is gunna be on a tavi map i would like to see it be overpochins (overwatch epoch and origins)
a good reason to add in origins is its uses the tavi map so why not get more content using origins instead of just using the taviana download.
Personally i would have it as a PVP server and have bases destructable (helps with keeping fps stable)
i wll put this forward to crdraggin see what he thinks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com