Photo

Hackers - planes

Cheats Hackers

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 alittlegirl

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:36 PM

Hello Lin / admins

After playing this for 14 years I'm convinced some pilots are hacking recently. OK Hunson Abedeer, Angelito, Spirit of Halloween. Possibly Spirit of Halloween is Hunson because Angelito and Hunson are on at the same time. In any event they are always like 500 & 0. There are good pilots, like Trooper, Twilight but these folks seem to have map exploit, they always seem to know where you are. As an example - Iwo Jima, if I attack the allied carrier they magically show up suddenly when they have been attacking the island. Hunson drops a bomb from 30,000 feet which hits the AA. Angelito on market garden drops a bomb through the door of the little building north of the square (heading to the church) and kills u standing by the medic kit. I know there are good players - but no one is that good. I'd appreciate it if you could look at it. If nothing will be done I simply won't play if they are on. They ruin the game for folks not hacking. Anyway I thought it's time this was brought to the forum. Trooper has mentioned (general forum) that he has the same concerns. Trooper is a great pilot but not a cheat IMO. I'm a mediocre pilot and probably always will be LOL.

Thanks / LOVE!

:confused-smiley-013:

• -=TheTroopeR=- likes this

#2 Lin

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:08 PM

Thank you for bringing this to the forum instead of talking about it in game. All of the pilots you mention have been and continue to be on a watch list due to the number of complaints.

I would like to bring up some items for you to consider.

1. How did he know where I was?

- Many of the more experienced players learned about voip many years ago. They will often play with friends who are also on voip, who can and will clue in the pilot on where the "targets" (players, ships, tanks, etc) are located.

- Many experienced pilots know where targets often "hide" and will seek out all opportunities in known places.

- Some pilots run with their mini map in full, translucent view in order to be more aware of opportunities.

None of the above require the assistance from any hack.

2. How can he come down from 30,000 ft and know exactly where I am?

- Pilots are allergic to AA so they do everything they can to stay away from it, whether located on a stand-alone AA gun, a mounted browning, APC or tank fire. The more annoying pilots have learned how to "alt bomb", i.e., dive from incredible heights and hit their targets on the nose. They are especially annoying if they have perfected this technique. Others use "loop bomb" as another way to avoid being shot down.

None of the above techniques require the assistance from any hack.

3. How can he shoot me perfectly through that little door and kill me at a medic box?

- Bombing experience: they have made so many bombing runs they could knock the crest from a peacock.

- Trajectory: a bomb dropped at 45° angle will react differently (and go farther in a certain direction) than one dropped from a 90° angle.

- Game experience: they watch chat, they look for equipment that suddenly becomes vacated (or filled), they use their years of knowledge of the game to predict where the most likely targets will be.

None of the above requires the assistance from any hack.

I am a worse pilot than you and I still know this stuff. Perhaps it is because most of my BF1942 experience has been as an admin and I have been in TeamSpeak for many years with many, many experienced pilots. I have listened to them hunt, I have asked questions, and I have learned. While that doesn't mean I can duplicate what they do, it does mean that I know many things that look like hacks are actually knowledge, experience, skill. The majority of pilots I have known started out on the ground, learning the game like everyone else. They know what you know, and more.

You don't have to like it, you can certainly be pissed off by it, but the majority of the hacks I see being called these days are actually years of honing the skills. Yes, there are hackers out there and yes, that is why we still want you to post here. We catch them often, we just don't shout it out, but if you continue to see the same pilots, tankers, medpack humpers, circle snipers day after day in the game, it's because they are playing with the years of skills they built, and not by using hacks. The years that you and I put into this game may be the same, but the intensity of training was likely very different from what others have put in. I played this game every single day for many years, and never achieved what I have seen others achieve with ease. But, I also had a 40-60 hr/week job, and never had summers off, either. :)

• Joker (Aut), Jubilee, Captain John H. Miller and 4 others like this

#3 Jubilee

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:34 PM

I had no intention of chiming in while I'm in transition to a new duty station, but I've noticed a lot of these types of posts this week. 

First of all, it is commendable that you take this discussion here in the forums and not in game (though that hasn't always been the case for you in the past). Either way, it is important to establish that your words here are acknowledged and recognized in a positive light. It's good to post names here so that admins can clarify and check for you: these three players are not cheating.

I have a feeling when a lot of players in this community switch over to BF1 they will be horrified at the level of legit skill that exists in the current gaming world. There will be countless players like Hunson, Angelito, and Halloween. More snipers like HT. More headshots, more no-scopes, more pistol demolition, more plane and tank domination. As much as I hate it, the higher skilled players have moved on from BF1942. We've grown comfortable in our little community where there aren't as many players with competitive-level accuracy and the critical thinking capacity to challenge us to become better players. And those that do choose to remain are under constant scrutiny, usually by those who never want to leave the comfort of a lower-mediocre level of gaming. 

• Rubulator likes this

#4 alittlegirl

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:10 PM

Fair enough - thank you so much Lin for all you do. I guess there are simply better players than I'll ever be and that's OK. If in your opinion these folks are not hacking I can accept that. Admins as usual are on top of it. Thank you again so much, hope your summer is going well! God bless. I mean DIE. No - just kidding. Love ya - alg.
  • Jubilee, -=TheTroopeR=-, Pitcher and 1 other like this

#5 alittlegirl

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:14 PM

Yes I too have a job Lin, appreciate that. You're still the best, so is MG.

#6 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:16 AM

Join us in Teamspeak 3 some time, Grill. You might like it.

#7 Lin

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:10 AM

^^ What Miller said. :)

#8 dodgem

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:10 AM

Although you might find it quite boring (compared to actually playing), it may be worth ghosting these players yourself for a good 20 minutes whilst taking into account Lin's comments and with the intention of proving to yourself that they are not hacking.  Remember you can press Ctrl whilst ghosting to move faster/keep up with the pilots.  You should then imagine that every time a good pilot is ascending after a dive, they are using one of the alternate views in order to look back at the battlefield and pick off their next target.  You can kind of replicate this by ghosting backwards whilst following the pilot's trajectory.  That said, one example of a play that you can't explain should never be considered conclusive evidence that a player is hacking.  

Again, as Lin mentions, VOIP is a powerful tool.  Just last week on SW/RtR I remember telling Twilight over Teamspeak the exact position of an enemy that had snuck past his tank on Eagle's Nest and jumped into a panzer whilst he was protecting the top.  All it took was Twilight to turn his turret 120 degrees and immediately kill that player.  To anyone else watching that would have seemed very suspicious.

We will continue to monitor any/all suspicious players on the server.

#9 Dr. Detroit

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:27 AM

Hello Lin / admins

Hunson Abedeer, Angelito, Spirit of Halloween. Possibly Spirit of Halloween is Hunson because Angelito and Hunson are on at the same time.

The above mentioned pilots are always on the same team so clearly collusion is involved.   Hence team stacking.      I guess they are afraid to go head to head in this lower-mediocre level of gaming.......................

When that shit happens, I either go to a different server / game or find something else to do.   

• Grassy and Grinch like this

#10 Rubulator

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:26 PM

Miller grill'n again... I like my burgers medium rare :)

#11 Steve2112

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:06 AM

As much as the old timers find these kinds of posts unsavory, or at least repetitive, I really enjoy them. Wait hear me out!  :mellow:

There always seems something to learn. Both from explaining how the game works, and the fact that other players do exist who have the same challenges and difficulties as I. Subject matter is not only difficult to discuss during the game, but frowned upon or obviously not allowed. 

I didn't know you could superimpose the map over your view. 

I also need a bit of help with "ghosting".

1) Flying around the map; is that only before your respawn? Sometimes respawn occurs too fast for me to hit a key. Which one? 

2) You can follow a team mate, right? How do I do that? I've done it before but can't seem to remember. 

These can be helpful, but also still hard to garner tips like how players can so quickly aim and kill. 

I know you'd rather not have the forum plastered with these threads, but they are very helpful in several ways. Noobs are not alone!  :grphug: . And maybe pick up a few tips along the way. I also know there's still a few web pages out there to find hints, tips and tricks. Does Moon have their own? Might be a good idea to have one and encourage the good players to share? 

#12 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:15 AM

You might want to check this vid, to see what pilots do and see.

• Joker (Aut), LL22 and Lord of War like this

#13 Colonel Tavington

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:27 AM

I give the others the benefit of the doubt that it's just smart play on their part, but Angelito reminds me of Santa Claus.  It's a constant with him.

#14 King of the Squirrels

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:41 AM

The missing icon when a piece of equipement is used or in use the real key. It is a give away to where you are when you enter equipement. The equipement icon disappear when you enter it from the mini map. Such as aa, tank or plane. A empty piece of equipement appear a white and empty on mini map. When you enter the equipement it diappears mean either it destroyed or in use.  Good pilot will always target aa.  Good player use the mini map to find or target equipement using the mni map.

Game on!

Squirrel

#15 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:09 AM

I guess it baffles me why anyone/many are so concerned about how some are better then others/me?

I don't know what age everyone is, but I feel when there is so much "Why is he/she better them me?" I tend to suspect they are school age.

Just my thoughts. I guess I never been in the group that I feel someone is superior to me. I don't let it creep into my mindset.

I truly enjoy the game. I find the admins do a really nice job on the server. This is why I play Moongamers since I first fired up the game.

Keep up the good work. I guess keep making these types of posts. Almost as good as reading The Enquirer Magazine. :)

• -=TheTroopeR=- and Eliminator like this

#16 Steve2112

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:58 AM

I guess it baffles me why anyone/many are so concerned about how some are better then others/me?

I don't know what age everyone is, but I feel when there is so much "Why is he/she better them me?" I tend to suspect they are school age.

Just my thoughts. I guess I never been in the group that I feel someone is superior to me. I don't let it creep into my mindset.

I truly enjoy the game. I find the admins do a really nice job on the server. This is why I play Moongamers since I first fired up the game.

Keep up the good work. I guess keep making these types of posts. Almost as good as reading The Enquirer Magazine. :)

Just about any endeavor I enjoy, I try to find out how I can be better. The margin is set by the best. When I play basketball or guitar, I look to the best to see what is possible. I do enjoy "just playing guitar"...but I also yearn to learn new things, to have more complex chords and passages, more proficient...which makes it more enjoyable and comfortable (say on stage). 

Reading? How is that "competitive" or improvable? Well, by learning new words and reacquiring new knowledge. It feeds on itself. 

Beer drinking? What? Well, I enjoy all the different taste sensations available and what makes the magic happen. 

It's not always about being (overly)competitive, or "making others look bad". I am not saying I don't enjoy the level I'm at now. I'm here because I love this game and Moon...not because I enjoy being a pest!  :angel:

When I watch Jon bomb the ship out of everyone from way up, I'd like to give that a go. I usually end up crashing my plane on the first loop. : /   Need a teacher. Likely won't every be as good as he/angelito, but happens that flight games/sims are among my faves...so it has my interest. 

I'd think acquiring better skill, and  teaching others your skills would encourage better competition and more enjoyable games? 

#17 Harriet Tubman

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:17 PM

Just about any endeavor I enjoy, I try to find out how I can be better. The margin is set by the best. When I play basketball or guitar, I look to the best to see what is possible. I do enjoy "just playing guitar"...but I also yearn to learn new things, to have more complex chords and passages, more proficient...which makes it more enjoyable and comfortable (say on stage). 

Reading? How is that "competitive" or improvable? Well, by learning new words and reacquiring new knowledge. It feeds on itself. 
Beer drinking? What? Well, I enjoy all the different taste sensations available and what makes the magic happen. 

It's not always about being (overly)competitive, or "making others look bad". I am not saying I don't enjoy the level I'm at now. I'm here because I love this game and Moon...not because I enjoy being a pest!  :angel:
When I watch Jon bomb the ship out of everyone from way up, I'd like to give that a go. I usually end up crashing my plane on the first loop. : /   Need a teacher. Likely won't every be as good as he/angelito, but happens that flight games/sims are among my faves...so it has my interest. 

I'd think acquiring better skill, and  teaching others your skills would encourage better competition and more enjoyable games? 

If you have ever seen ego! or mediocre! in the server flying about, he is an example of someone that wanted to learn to fly not too long ago and started asking people for help. He has also put in a lot of hours practicing to get to the level he is at. The thing is though ego! knew to ask certain questions that could help himself and tried to learn and as a result saw improvement, if you just ask questions but won't put in the practice that is told you won't see the improvements.

If you go back in my post history there is a thread where I asked people how to snipe because I saw people doing it and didn't know what I was doing wrong compared to them and I had a bunch of people willing to help. There are also people that can make me look average when it comes to medic or people that can beat halloween and agelito with ease in the air, but those people don't play in moongamers/simple/ax and they don't play the game for the reasons we do. They don't get the same enjoyment from pubs. They spend countless hours practicing 1v1s to try to get to the highest level the game has to offer as that is more challenging and enjoyable to them.

Not every good pilot in the moon server is going to be willing to invest time teaching when they don't know if it will be a waste or not but if you ask enough people I'm sure eventually someone will help.
  • -=TheTroopeR=- and Steve2112 like this

#18 dodgem

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:54 PM

1) Flying around the map; is that only before your respawn? Sometimes respawn occurs too fast for me to hit a key. Which one?
2) You can follow a team mate, right? How do I do that? I've done it before but can't seem to remember.

1. Don't press Enter after you die whereby you would normally be selecting the same spawn as previously. You can then click "close" on the menu to go into ghosting mode. Now the menu won't pop up again after 3 seconds. From here you can ghost around the map. Press Ctrl whilst moving with the wasd keys to move a lot faster.

2. Server options allow for either ghosting or following a player on your team (pressing c to switch between them). We prefer to have the ghosting option enabled. Other servers prefer to have the other option.
  • Steve2112 likes this

#19 alittlegirl

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:51 PM

Thank you all for your replies. I'm OK being a mediocre player, makes the game fun - you can usually kill me and vice versa. Once that's removed the game ceases to be fun, there are a lot of players that are better than I am. While albeit I remain enthusiastic I am not the best player by any stretch of the imagination. I'm OK with that, I have a job like Lin. I'll never be the best. I agree with Dr. Detroit, while this may not be hacking it is team stacking, and similarly I will leave the game and go do dishes or something else when these players are on. God Bless. And love you all. ALG! LOVE!

#20 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:33 AM

Let me quote myself:

You got 2 teams, 50-50 to get on each side. If one of two pilots is on red, the other pilot has a 50% chance to get on red. This is no rocket science.

If there are 3 pilots, 2 on red, the 3rd still has a 50% chance to be on red. Chance they are all on the same (correct me if I'm wrong) .50x.50= .25 = 25% chance all 3 pilots are on the same side from the start.

During the game autobalance can switch the 3rd pilot to the 'stacked' side. It does not always mean they are stacking on purpose (not saying it doesn't happen).

• Oscar Johansson likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com