Photo

Does moon have an official or suggested BF1942 "tips tricks and suggestions" link?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Steve2112

Posted 12 April 2020 - 07:24 PM

Like the title says. I couldn't find anything on the front page/stickies. 

A couple things I am interested in....

How to turn off annoying tips.....even when tips "t" are off...a pop up window still comes up in front of my target. I think there is a command to remove any thing like that. And start up movies too? 

How to be more accurate as a sniper. I think there is a no breathing function? 

Widescreen patch? Does it help in game or just in and out of BF1942 video settings? 

Just general tip and hints especially from moongamers community. Thanks! 

#2 Highway Man

Posted 12 April 2020 - 07:42 PM

Personally, I wouldn't use the no breathing function, it gives you an unfair advantage in my book.
Which may be looked on poorly.

#3 Steve2112

Posted 12 April 2020 - 08:17 PM

Personally, I wouldn't use the no breathing function, it gives you an unfair advantage in my book.

Well lif only all gamers had your ethics! 

But...if a real sniper controls breathing...how it it unfair?

Anyway...don;t want to get too bogged down.....tips and tricks? 

#4 Capn Cackler

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:13 PM

Heres some advice:

1. Change the hotkey for tooltips so you dont accidentally press it

2. When Hihi says unfair he means having no scope sway would be ridiculously OP. I have messed around in my settings and found a way to remove it visually, but the game will still apply it to your gun and it will be even more frustrating to try and hit your target.

3. Widescreen? Personally I changed the settings in the BF1942 folder to my monitors resolution, but I'm pretty sure there are patches that fix it for you

General Tip: This should be obvious, but use yer eyes! It will lessen the amount of surprise zooks and stabbings you will be a victim of.

#5 Highway Man

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:26 PM

Well lif only all gamers had your ethics!

But...if a real sniper controls breathing...how it it unfair?

Anyway...don;t want to get too bogged down.....tips and tricks?
Look into a Prima book, for 1942. We gave one away recently.

#6 Capn Cackler

Posted 12 April 2020 - 10:19 PM

This website here has a ton of useful info of different things that can help you out

http://www.realtimer...f1942/tips.html

#7 Wasabi®

Posted 13 April 2020 - 09:05 AM

As a sniper, you need to lead your shot based on their direction of your target's movement, your ping, and distance (but most of all ping). If you have a 30-90 ping this should not be too hard. Otherwise you will almost never hit anyone who is moving. 

Watch tanks and vehicles closely, many of them have turrets where the occupant is completely exposed. In the few seconds someone pops into a turret to shoot at an airplane or other infantry, give them a headshot. 

You can snipe people out of jeeps and any other vehicles where the occupant is unprotected. You may have to lead your shot significantly depending on the angle of the shot, though. 

You can snipe people who are sitting in AA guns and Pak40s / Flakpanzers / Flettners (in RtR/SW). 

Learn to 'circle snipe' (strafe-snipe). You'll kill a lot more and die a lot less.

• Capn Cackler likes this

#8 Capn Cackler

Posted 13 April 2020 - 10:26 AM

As a sniper, you need to lead your shot based on their direction of your target's movement, your ping, and distance (but most of all ping). If you have a 30-90 ping this should not be too hard. Otherwise you will almost never hit anyone who is moving. 

Watch tanks and vehicles closely, many of them have turrets where the occupant is completely exposed. In the few seconds someone pops into a turret to shoot at an airplane or other infantry, give them a headshot. 

You can snipe people out of jeeps and any other vehicles where the occupant is unprotected. You may have to lead your shot significantly depending on the angle of the shot, though. 

You can snipe people who are sitting in AA guns and Pak40s / Flakpanzers / Flettners (in RtR/SW). 

Learn to 'circle snipe' (strafe-snipe). You'll kill a lot more and die a lot less.

Adding to what Wasabi said, the shield on the german anti aircraft guns is not 100% solid and you can shoot through it. The only exception to vehicles with exposed drivers is the allied APC, where you can see the driver but not shoot them

#9 Highway Man

Posted 13 April 2020 - 12:44 PM

Adding to what Wasabi said, the shield on the german anti aircraft guns is not 100% solid.

Ask me how I know

#10 Capn Cackler

Posted 14 April 2020 - 12:45 PM

Adding to what Wasabi said, the shield on the german anti aircraft guns is not 100% solid.

Ask me how I know

Hmm how did you manage to find out hihi? ;)

#11 Highway Man

Posted 14 April 2020 - 02:07 PM

Ask me how I know
Hmm how did you manage to find out hihi? ;)
t1943.gif

#12 kaiserj

Posted 14 April 2020 - 06:14 PM

There's a no breathing option?

#13 Highway Man

Posted 14 April 2020 - 06:32 PM

There's a no breathing option?

Only lasts a few minutes :P
Ahhh dang it. Just saw the event time, 1PM cst.
Doubt I could make it.

#14 Steve2112

Posted 15 April 2020 - 06:04 PM

Ah...ping! I can't quite "get" it. I guess ping is how fast electrons bounce back and forth? So...with all other variables....internet speed, traffic, hardware, display....how do you, exactly..account for "ping". doesn't it fluctuate? 

I've definitely am guilty of being...er...confused :wasnt-me:  :weird: ...about "cheating"? ....with a lot of variables. I totally do get people are very good, very experienced, know their systems, know the game and it's idiosyncrasies. 

Great replies here thank you everyone! 

#15 Steve2112

Posted 15 April 2020 - 06:06 PM

"circle snipe"? "strafe snipe"? a um...a sniper rifle doesn't exactly "strafe". Isn;t that just random firing and emptying your clips? VERY INTERESTING! 

#16 Dr. Detroit

Posted 27 April 2020 - 07:15 AM

Ping, that's the pain felt when you are sniped and have no idea where it came from  :)

#17 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 27 April 2020 - 01:02 PM

Ping, that's the pain felt when you are sniped and have no idea where it came from  :)

Those 0 ping players are a pain in the ass.
  • Stamper likes this

#18 kaiserj

Posted 27 April 2020 - 06:54 PM

I loooooooove sniping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com