Photo

May I please...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Spare Parts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:57 PM

I need players opinions.  I am ranking the maps.  I already have the data for most played and least played and all in between, but I would like to include, maps people like.  

If you would be so kind, please list from most liked to least liked 4 - 6 maps.  If you wanted to rank them all that would be great but if i could just get you to take a little time to help me out I would be very appreciative. Vanilla only for this topic please.

Maps in case you forgot

Market Garden

Bocage

battleaxe

kharkov

liberation of caen

wake

midway

coral sea

el alamein

kursk

battle of the bulge

aberdeen

Omaha beach

stalingrad

berlin

battle of britain

gazala

guadalcanal

invasion of the philippines

tobruk

iwo jima

wow, that's a lot of maps we don't play.

#2 Rubulator

Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:28 AM

Market

Tobruk

Bulge
PPines
Guadal

#3 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:34 AM

Market

You're banned.

• Rubulator and Lonestar like this

#4 Zap Rowsdower

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:39 PM

omaha.

iwo jima

wake

market

midway

bocage

Philippines

#5 Lonestar

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:01 PM

Market Garden - the best map but way too overplayed. No one seems to get tired of voting for it over and over...

Bocage - same as market.

battleaxe - CTF makes this so much better. Now you have 2 different ways to play. You can still play as before but also gives you the option to capture the flag instead.

kharkov - decent map but boring with only a few players.

liberation of caen - well balanced and fun map that no one likes for some reason.

wake - very fun when set to CTF.

midway - Boring. Gets old fast. Also we should get rid of it because playa likes it LOL

coral sea - Quick fun map. Not so serious and good to have in rotation every once in a while.

el alamein - pretty fun when we have enough players. Should stay as CTF with turbo jeeps.

kursk - the wurst. Well not that bad but no one stays for it.

battle of the bulge - wish we could play more of this one. Good way to switch things up and the tank fattys love it.

aberdeen - would like to play more of this one as well.

Omaha beach - this map can be brutal for the blue fellers. Maybe change to TDM with no limit???

stalingrad - we need a good infantry map like this for the players that get tired of all the planes.

berlin - one of my favorites. Meant to be an infantry map so tanks completely ruin it. Flag limit should be more than 5

battle of britain - another good one to have in rotation to change it up. Even if you hate the siren it usually doesn't last long.

gazala - had fun playing this one the other day. Nice to play something different. Bring it back to rotation its been a while.

guadalcanal - would be nice to play this one with the 25 plane kill rule

invasion of the philippines - PLEASE PLAY THIS MAP WHEN THE POPULATION IS HIGH. ENOUGH MARKET & BOCAGE

tobruk - good map that can go back and forth for a while. Very satisfying to cap out the brits.

iwo jima - not bad but wouldn't really miss it.

Why not add some secret weapons and road to rome maps into the rotation? It shouldn’t have to be sundays only. Atleast give the players the option to vote for it. Please consider.

#6 Spare Parts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:22 PM

Market Garden - the best map but way too overplayed. No one seems to get tired of voting for it over and over...

Bocage - same as market.

battleaxe - CTF makes this so much better. Now you have 2 different ways to play. You can still play as before but also gives you the option to capture the flag instead.

liberation of caen - well balanced and fun map that no one likes for some reason.

midway - Boring. Gets old fast. Also we should get rid of it because playa likes it LOL

coral sea - Quick fun map. Not so serious and good to have in rotation every once in a while.

el alamein - pretty fun when we have enough players. Should stay as CTF with turbo jeeps.

battle of the bulge - wish we could play more of this one. Good way to switch things up and the tank fattys love it.

Omaha beach - this map can be brutal for the blue fellers. Maybe change to TDM with no limit???

stalingrad - we need a good infantry map like this for the players that get tired of all the planes.

berlin - one of my favorites. Meant to be an infantry map so tanks completely ruin it. Flag limit should be more than 5

battle of britain - another good one to have in rotation to change it up. Even if you hate the siren it usually doesn't last long.

gazala - had fun playing this one the other day. Nice to play something different. Bring it back to rotation its been a while.

invasion of the philippines - PLEASE PLAY THIS MAP WHEN THE POPULATION IS HIGH. ENOUGH MARKET & BOCAGE

tobruk - good map that can go back and forth for a while. Very satisfying to cap out the brits.

Why not add some secret weapons and road to rome maps into the rotation? It shouldn’t have to be sundays only. Atleast give the players the option to vote for it. Please consider.

this has been considered, but it is not possible, at least not put into rotation.  Not going too much more into this, but you were heard and, no, can't sorry.

#7 Waffen

Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:25 PM

Love:

Bocage

coral sea

battle of britain

guadalcanal

tobruk

el alamein

kursk

battle of the bulge

Hate:

Omaha beach

stalingrad

berlin

Everything else, meh...

• Rubulator likes this

#8 posi

Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:09 AM

Bocage - same as market.

this has been considered, but it is not possible, at least not put into rotation.  Not going too much more into this, but you were heard and, no, can't sorry.

Lonestar is the first person to include modes.  I was going to list Hoth and Parcours Challenge.   Best overall or best options in rotation?    Battle of Britain Objective Mode or Philippines are great maps if chosen by an admin with a little setup.  They are not good options in rotation.

Caen - Dead On   ,  I extend caen anytime it's in motion and playing well.

MG - We know

Wake CTF -  'When set to'  is the correct phrasing.   As in the players do not know it is coming up.  This is where Admins come in.  They can anticipate fairly close how many players will drop between each switch depending on the previous maps and holds on the server.   Rotation...  meh

Kursk CTF -  5 Times as likely to get stuffed by ACE pilots as Wake CTF.    However this is an option for evening play on low population though.  the right crowd it plays through ok.  Kursk in either mode is a decent map that gets no love

Midway -  With the parachute spawn it's viable in a player votable rotation.  Hard to be lukewarm on Midway and keep same opinion on Market being overplayed. 

El Alamein - I disagree and so do the numbers.  If it is made to be rare it has some life to spare. 

Guadalcanal  - Land , Air and Sea   This is a mood map, it never seeded well even when the player base was high.  However,  When the Admin wants to slow the gameplay down (rare)  , but you might be moving from sets of small maps holding high population with euro pings showing.   Guadal will stick.  Gives something to the players who want to breathe a little and plan tactical acts a run.

Invasion , Thank You for asking for a Manual Map Change.   We set it up yes,  hold a common map, if the next 1-2 picks gain traction drop in on philly.  It's harder to do with map vote enabled. 

Gazala - Your right. I personally loathe this map in any mode.  I'll make it a point to work it in more as a map chosen by the Admin.

Rest of list was dead on.

#9 Spare Parts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:30 AM

I appreciate Lonestar and Posi thought out responses.  I needed the order you like them, is this the order or is this commentary on each map?

#10 posi

Posted 26 May 2019 - 12:47 PM

1. Omaha
  2. Bocage
  3. Caen
  4. Philippines 
  5. Tobruk
  6. Market  
  7. Kursk CQ
  8. Battleaxe CTF
  9. Iwo Jima 
  10. Wake CQ  

• Rubulator likes this

#11 Spare Parts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 01:15 PM

thx buddy

#12 MonkeySpank

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:15 PM

Top 3 (I like these)

El Alamein
Market Garden
Coral Sea

Bottom 3 (I don't like these)

Omaha Beach
Stalingrad
Iwo Jima

• Rubulator likes this

#13 D Day

Posted 27 May 2019 - 08:54 AM

1: Aberdeen

2: Bulge

3: Market Garden

4: Bocage

5: Battleaxe

6: Tobruk

#14 Rubulator

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:14 PM

1: Aberdeen

2: Bulge

3: Market Garden

4: Bocage

5: Battleaxe

6: Tobruk

Tank fattie :)

• D Day and Lonestar like this

#15 Lonestar

Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:09 PM

I appreciate Lonestar and Posi thought out responses.  I needed the order you like them, is this the order or is this commentary on each map?

no particular order. i actually enjoy all the maps as they all have something different to offer. all those maps we dont play are what made bf1942 great in the first place.

frickin map vote makes it where it goes market > bocage > battleaxe THEN they vote back to market and we get stuck in a never ending cycle of playing the same 3 maps over and over again. its very frustrating for players that want to move on to something else. try separating those 3 to different spots in the rotation list so they are more spread out.

one good thing about disabling map vote is that it forces players to go through the rotation. which is good in a way that we get to play with more variety. there is usually always an admin watching anyway if players start asking for a map change.

• Christine1 and coffeeassassin like this

#16 Spare Parts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:19 PM

yes, map vote has become a different issue entirely. 

#17 dodgem

Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:33 PM

With our current server population around 15-30 players:
Market Garden
Bocage
wake
berlin
Battleaxe
kharkov
aberdeen
Stalingrad
el alamein
Omaha beach
Iwo jima
midway
kursk
battle of the bulge
tobruk
guadalcanal
liberation of caen
Battle of britain
coral sea
Gazala
invasion of the philippines

Top 8 with 40+ players:
Omaha Beach TDM
Market Garden
Bocage
Iwo Jima
Wake
Lib of Caen
Guadalcanal
Aberdeen
  • Spare Parts likes this

#18 Waffen

Posted 01 June 2019 - 01:31 PM

Kursk CTF drop the planes, maybe turbo jeeps.

Would be a nice experiment to turbo jeep Omaha to see what happens, jeeps both ways.

Decrease tank spawn time on Tobruk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com