Photo

a few suggestions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Par Shooter

Posted 14 July 2021 - 03:03 PM

Hello to every one ,hope you all are well and Covid free.

Ill start with Bocage ,The map is unfair in a few ways firstly the bomber for the allies just dessimates everything........... once the AA gun nearest the red base near the barn is knocked out the the Axis have very little chance

of advancing as blue tanks and or wespes that spawns at the mill out of reach of the axis can sit on other side near windmill or just up the path from the mill and shell the living daylights out of every red advance,

The AA gun at the mill will normally knock average red pilots down and therefore rendering the map a usual blue win...

Im not saying it happens everytime but more often than not this is the case.

Can the blue bomber be scaled down to a 2 bomb plane or add a multi bomb bomber to the axis team. As 1 extra Tiger tank is not a fair trade off against mentioned bomber.

Battleaxe and Markit,

Since the introduction of the end of spawn rape etc these maps are now a tank fest Axis tanks/Wespes sit in their base shelling out of it,(or on hill in Battleaxe)

impervious from attack and if someone  tries to stop them by zook or mine they get auto killed which is madness ,sometimes I have mind OUTSIDE the base on "axe" and I still get autokilled ?? 

yes I understand they can be bombed by a plane but if a pilot isnt looking for this or bettter pilots shoot them down then the infantry just get shot to shit non stop.

Perhaps we can have a spawnkill day or two every week or even an evening,, BST  ( I and a good few others would love to see this ,why not trial it for a few weeks? )

Please can some of these issues be addressed as this I feel will make it fairer and therefore much more enjoyable for all players......

Most if not all of the Admins are fair and give fair warning of any wrong doing so a SERIOUSLY big thanks to ALL admins ass their job is very difficult keeping everyone happy .

THERE ARE A GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE THAT PLAY ON HERE (EVEN ALG) This server is the best....... long may it last.

Best wishes to all on here 

Par 

#2 Capn Cackler

Posted 14 July 2021 - 04:28 PM

Lol Par, the "Calling all Moonies" thread is where you could have posted this (feel free to copy and paste it there if you want).

While I do agree with you that the tanks hiding in the base is infuriating on Battleaxe, I would have to disagree about that on Market. As a very strong allied map, allowing tanks to be killed in the base would just make it worse as the only side that EVER sits in their base on Market is the Axis.

#3 Par Shooter

Posted 14 July 2021 - 04:53 PM

Very true about Markit being a strong allied map ,,, I wont mention the Bomber :-)..

My point was that the axis tanks including rocket sled can sit in their base shelling the flag/s esp the concrete bridge flag without fear of attack unless from plane,,,

but numerous times I have called for air support to nullify the tank or sled and the pilot does not respond or cant be bothered to help the infantry getting killed non stop...and it is very very frustrating .

can it not be sorted that these tanks can be zooked or mined without auto kill to stop this ?

#4 Wasabi®

Posted 14 July 2021 - 05:11 PM

So, I don't know if you've noticed, but we recently made some small adjustments to market/bocage to make the maps more balanced. 

Market: Axis have small raft boats under the steel bridge they can use to cross the river. 

Bocage: Axis have an extra Panzer now. 

It's not a good idea to make drastic map changes so we are trialing them to see how much we need to do.

As for the tanks camping, yes it's unfortunate that players are choosing to play like that (but then again, we know players will always find the cheapest/easiest way to rack up kills). The bot is more lenient on Battleaxe and you should be able to return fire from outside without getting autokill. As for the other maps there is no easy solution. We actually considered removing the Katyusha from Market as it is only ever used for camping.

• Par Shooter likes this

#5 MonkeySpank

Posted 14 July 2021 - 05:34 PM

Very true about Markit being a strong allied map ,,, I wont mention the Bomber :-)..

My point was that the axis tanks including rocket sled can sit in their base shelling the flag/s esp the concrete bridge flag without fear of attack unless from plane,,,

but numerous times I have called for air support to nullify the tank or sled and the pilot does not respond or cant be bothered to help the infantry getting killed non stop...and it is very very frustrating .

can it not be sorted that these tanks can be zooked or mined without auto kill to stop this ?

Howdy Par!

Wasabi or anyone please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the planes can go after the tanks shooting inside the red base on Market because Moonbot will kill for that. Planes can only hit the Katyusha inside the base.

I like the raft adds... fun driving them around.

• Par Shooter likes this

#6 Wasabi®

Posted 14 July 2021 - 06:18 PM

Correct, only artillery. The bot can't tell if a pilot is spawn camping, or killing a tank that is itself camping.

#7 Stamper

Posted 14 July 2021 - 07:33 PM

We actually considered removing the Katyusha from Market as it is only ever used for camping.

Could it be replaced with a Wespe, or would that basically retain the problem of camping?  

#8 Par Shooter

Posted 15 July 2021 - 11:57 AM

Wasabi, thank you for your reply 

I know that its a thankless task trying to keep everyone happy, its impossible is my guess .

To be honest I have not noticed the rafts as yet. 

Obviously I have no idea how to mod  or what can or cannot be modded on the maps,,, so not sure what to suggest .... but thank you for you patience and dedication to making our time on BF a good one 

Regards Par

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com