Photo

Moon Events

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Some Girl Named Cher

Posted 25 August 2021 - 12:35 PM

What type of events would you like to see from Moongamers?

Fire in the hole!!!! 

#2 Spare Parts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 01:10 PM

I remember Miller suggested some sort of jeep race. Might have to do that on an alternative moongamers server.  

Could always get crazy and have a tournament where score doesn't matter, but the moment you type something in chat, you're out.  Last man standing is my hero.

• Some Girl Named Cher and Highway Man like this

#3 posi

Posted 26 August 2021 - 01:03 AM

Let me open with the logistics.

I would suggest Saturday or Sunday afternoon.   Of course the event would use a secondary server.  The time could also be set to wrap-up before the events on Vanilla begin.    

3 - 4 hours 

-------------------------

What needs tio run , in my opinion.

1.  Immersed by Jim 2120  

This is an underwater map with active skymap,   It is a CTF map , 220mb or so in size.     Drag n Drop install

2.  Pirates 

3.  Challenge Maps,  besides 'jeep racing' which is more of a doodle as mods go,  There are many challenge maps where you navigate a course together.    Tank Challenge for instance.  

4.  Galactic Conquest -  (  I usually coordinate for the GCMOD,  it's time for event!  Here , there..  somewhere in the Galaxy!  )

5.  Fan Favorites -   From RheinMetal Panzer to Forager and Remagen...  the best custom maps in 42 are creations to be admired, and played.  

6.  BF1918 

7.  IS82

• Some Girl Named Cher likes this

#4 birney

Posted 26 August 2021 - 07:12 PM

Hi,

As they say on a radio call in 'long time listener first time caller,' Granted this thing here is the interweb thingy and not a radio call in so my opening sentance is irrelavant but it sounds good which is why I opened with it. While I dont really play this great game anymore on Moongamers wonderfull servers I do have a small bit of Experience in these here matters. With that in mind I have two or three or twenty suggestions and advice.

1) Run them all

2) promote, promote and errrr umm promote.

Run them all, run sheepville, run galatic conquest, run interstate run 1918, run desert combat, run pirates, run jeep racing(yes spare parts there is a Jeep racing map or two) run santaland {at christmass}  Run a inter-moon gamers competition of some sorts. Run them all over time but dont run them so often that players have to down load a new thing every other day but far enough apart so you have time to promote promote promote and make it an 'event'

Many moons ago(pun intended) I answered a post by a player who said and I quote ' Moongamers will die if you do not 'mod' the server' He did not realize of course that we had and he was infact playing on a modded server, most maps are now-a-days to a degree on any server. My point is this: there are players who have not seen some of these wonderfull mods and the fun that can be had from them. Pirates was fun! Desert combat was intense!  Parqour was challenging! Galatic conquest differant. Bf18 historic, Jeep racing a blast!. Interstate was modern! (born to be alive playing in the disco) Sheepvillee..oh boy sheepville! and my personall favouate Santaland!

Run them all!

PS  Please dont run Posi's no1 choice as I had a swim or die moment in Turkey many years ago! If my feet cant touch the bottom while my head is above water where I can breeth you know that thing called umm ... oxygen. Screw that!

• Some Girl Named Cher and Capn Cackler like this

#5 posi

Posted 27 August 2021 - 12:03 AM

It's a bubble on the ocean floor.   New 'innovative' content, it's a must run!  

#6 Capn Cackler

Posted 27 August 2021 - 12:06 AM

Hi,

As they say on a radio call in 'long time listener first time caller,' Granted this thing here is the interweb thingy and not a radio call in so my opening sentance is irrelavant but it sounds good which is why I opened with it. While I dont really play this great game anymore on Moongamers wonderfull servers I do have a small bit of Experience in these here matters. With that in mind I have two or three or twenty suggestions and advice.

1) Run them all

2) promote, promote and errrr umm promote.

Run them all, run sheepville, run galatic conquest, run interstate run 1918, run desert combat, run pirates, run jeep racing(yes spare parts there is a Jeep racing map or two) run santaland {at christmass}  Run a inter-moon gamers competition of some sorts. Run them all over time but dont run them so often that players have to down load a new thing every other day but far enough apart so you have time to promote promote promote and make it an 'event'

Many moons ago(pun intended) I answered a post by a player who said and I quote ' Moongamers will die if you do not 'mod' the server' He did not realize of course that we had and he was infact playing on a modded server, most maps are now-a-days to a degree on any server. My point is this: there are players who have not seen some of these wonderfull mods and the fun that can be had from them. Pirates was fun! Desert combat was intense!  Parqour was challenging! Galatic conquest differant. Bf18 historic, Jeep racing a blast!. Interstate was modern! (born to be alive playing in the disco) Sheepvillee..oh boy sheepville! and my personall favouate Santaland!

Run them all!

PS  Please dont run Posi's no1 choice as I had a swim or die moment in Turkey many years ago! If my feet cant touch the bottom while my head is above water where I can breeth you know that thing called umm ... oxygen. Screw that!

Promoting that Birney will be making a speech in the discord as well?! Gather round everyone! A grand tale is about to unfold!!! (Do come visit every now and then! We [I at least] enjoy your stories!!!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com