Loading Time

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#21 V. Valanthe

Posted 12 May 2004 - 09:39 PM

My computer seems to take forever to load a BF1942 level. I can start Battlefield 1942 in about 30 seconds and go to multiplayer, select Moon Omaha Beach (of cource) and clicm join, i connect instantly and it starts loading "Omaha Beach" It can take like 10 minutes to load it up and start the game. My computer is a AMD Athlon XP 2000+ with 512 MB of Ram. This is a problem in Singleplayer and Multiplayer. Also, when i reformat my hard drive and reinstall everythink the load time is nice and quick (2 min) but over time (even if i dont install anything) it take longer and longer. Could it be my Hard Drive. (40GB 5400RPM) I know its kind of slow.

Its your slow Videocard. Same thing on shadow's comp. He has a 256mb now, and it works great.

Alt-tab out when you start loading, then alt-tab back a min later.

#22 Guest_DC Medic Man_*

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:00 PM

weeds

i knew those canadian guys were smokin' joints... :D :lol:

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

and

Its not my video card, i got a new 9200 and the same problem is occuring i know its the HDD and the videocard will not improve/hurt level load time

#23 Guest_Foomypoo_*

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:02 AM

i knew those canadian guys were smokin' joints... :D  :lol:

well yea lol a lot of the weed in America comes from Canada....don't ask how I know it lol... <_<

and

"also, some levels are less complicated. i.e. tobruk will load faster than Cain cause Tobruk is flat and desert and has no scenery except some building that are almost the same. Cain has water, land, bridges, buildings, grass, weeds, flowers, u get my point."

Yes that is also true...just gets rather frustrating waiting so long... :lol:

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com