Photo

Server changes/updates

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lin

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

I will use this thread as a Live topic on updates that are happening. If any of the updates needs discussion, we may break to a separate thread, but I will keep this top post as a change log for our MoonGamers Chernarus server.

Weekend of June 6-7-8:
Added roaming AI. I did not have a chance to finish the tweaks as the server went down for 40+ hours. I did fix (this morning 6/10 @ 5:30am PST restart) the loading in problem that resulted in the odd "You must be standing near a mine or ore" message...or at least I believe it's been fixed. Please report back here if you keep getting that message.

The roaming AI is currently on "light" settings. The UH1H are Hero, and they will fire upon Bandits. In almost every area we made sure to have both Bandits and Heroes, so for now you will learn where those areas area because you will likely hear the fighting. Survivors will also spawn but there are less of them...primarily because you will never know if they are Friendly or Hostile until you see who they are running with. Be careful who you shoot. If you kill a Hero all Heroes will hunt you until you disconnect.

We have also adjusted the initial loadout; you will no longer receive a pistol. You will now respawn with (currently but will likely be changed next weekend) a M4A1 CCO and one clip of ammo. This may be overkill for dealing with the roaming AI as a new spawn, we're watching to see how this weapon works out.

We added these things based on feedback from our regular players. There was 100% agreement over a few days of discussion that we needed something new, and that roaming AI would probably do the trick.

We have more items that we plan to add in the near future. I do have to balance DayZ work with work on our other servers, and I have a full time job, so changes will happen primarily over the weekends.

Thank you for playing on Moon, and thank you for your feedback!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com