Photo

Spawn time seems higher than normal

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Waffen

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:32 PM

Maybe it's a permanent change but there were a lot of 12-16 second spawns last night.

Many users asking about it.

Someone may have been experimenting and forgot to set it back.

Either way thanks for the server.

#2 Grassy

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:51 PM

I have noticed this as well, hopefully you get a response soon on this post, you would think when changes are made there would be a public post about it,
  • Grinch and Harriet Tubman like this

#3 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:23 AM

Bad move with spawn times. We come here to play, not watch. Why Moon always been a good server.

• mistamontiel likes this

#4 Grassy

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:48 AM

"Crickets Chirping"

• Harriet Tubman likes this

#5 mistamontiel

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:35 AM

ptk wait times to respawn , so what have we done , bring it back to five secs

Exactly as HARRY says no one logging on to watch

*crickets*

#6 Grassy

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:07 PM

C'mon 42 admin's  we know you are there..lol

• Grinch and Harriet Tubman like this

#7 Spare Parts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:24 PM

Spawn time seems longer, I have no idea if it was done on purpose but i tend to believe it was. 

#8 dodgem

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:23 PM

I can't say I know the technical aspects of this, especially as I haven't been around at all lately (damn work!), but there's a Remote Manager glitch at play that was causing instantaneous respawns. Rather than having that (meaning flags are v. difficult to cap), the decision was made to extend the respawn time slightly. Hopefully it's not causing too much of a problem.
  • Captain John H. Miller likes this

#9 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

dodgem,

You are wise to decide to increase the spawn time to make the flags easier to grab. However, would you consider instead lowering the cap time on the flags instead?
This way nobody feels like they're spending too much time looking at a spawn screen, and it still gives the enemy a chance to shoot everyone and take the flag. Everybody wins!

#10 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:10 AM

dodgem,

You are wise to decide to increase the spawn time to make the flags easier to grab. However, would you consider instead lowering the cap time on the flags instead?
This way nobody feels like they're spending too much time looking at a spawn screen, and it still gives the enemy a chance to shoot everyone and take the flag. Everybody wins!

With the info I have; The spawntime setting is a general setting, when changed it takes effect on every map. However changing the flag cap time means changing it for every flag and every map separately. So way more work/time.

#11 Colonel Tavington

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:44 AM

It's no big deal to wait 10-15 seconds to respawn, gives you a chance to reflect on what you could have done differently (and what you will do next, maybe change weapons or think about which flag to respawn at).  I like not having to worry about being killed on a quick respawn by the guy you just killed while you're waiting for the flag to turn grey. Success should be rewarded.

• sagittarii, Twilight, Grinch and 1 other like this

#12 D Day

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:49 AM

I don't mind a 10-15 second spawn time, it provides an opportunity for a good pull on my whiskey. :)

• LeftMouseShoot?, Angerfist, Grinch and 1 other like this

#13 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:30 AM

With the info I have; The spawntime setting is a general setting, when changed it takes effect on every map. However changing the flag cap time means changing it for every flag and every map separately. So way more work/time.

Fair enough. Thank you for the insight.

And I'm 100% on board with Tavington. I have no qualm with 10 to 15 seconds before a respawn. I simply tossed a suggestion out there for if you get a ton of negative feedback on this.

• dodgem likes this

#14 Harriet Tubman

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:05 PM

I can't believe this abuse of admin power!! We all know there is one guilty party at fault here and surprise surprise twilight hasn't shown up to attack us innocents yet. He set the spawn timer to be higher so he can time his circle bombings better. Just yesterday I told a joke in game and twilight replied "lol" can you believe they have admins out there mocking and laughing at us common folk?

This is unacceptable and grassy and I are not going to take it anymore, we are going to start a petition on change.org to have twilight publicly apologize and step down as dictator at moon.

Edit ..........lol...lol......lol...........lol.....

• LeftMouseShoot? likes this

#15 Grinch

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:50 PM

I don't mind a 10-15 second spawn time, it provides an opportunity for a good pull on my whiskey. :)

Problem is, it often spawns in 3-5 seconds, then the next times it will do it 15-17 seconds, and not always has anything to do with attackers on flags.

Anything over 10 seconds feels like a punishment, and our tortured minds cannot wait that long.

• LeftMouseShoot? likes this

#16 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:01 PM

I was just in the server to find the true spawn times. Mine was consistant 13-15 seconds. Where others were spawning much quicker.

I think this is a problem that needs to be addressed. In market I was watching the guy that shot me cap the flag and move to the next flag and gray it before I could spawn.

• sagittarii likes this

#17 Rubulator

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:40 PM

I think the spawn times are linked. So you are not on any different timer than anyone else. I've had 3 second spawns and I've had 10+sec spawns.
You'll notice that when the spawn happens, if several ppl are queued to spawn at a specific location,
they all spawn at the same time(milliseconds apart due to location delay).

So it really depends on when you die. And where in the 15sec(assumed) window you press "done". Some are in the queue for 11sec...some for 4...
  • Grassy likes this

#18 mexican eskimo

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:51 PM

I think the spawn times are linked. So you are not on any different timer than anyone else. I've had 3 second spawns and I've had 10+sec spawns.
You'll notice that when the spawn happens, if several ppl are queued to spawn at a specific location,
they all spawn at the same time(milliseconds apart due to location delay).

So it really depends on when you die. And where in the 15sec(assumed) window you press "done". Some are in the queue for 11sec...some for 4...

Yep, waves.  It's why multiple players will appear at once if you're camping a front-line spawn.

I personally don't like waiting.  I like action, and don't like to get overly concerned with jumping into a situation I know I won't survive.  It's what the game is about.

#19 Renlist

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:39 AM

It's not so bad a tweak idea. Takes some time to get used to.  Spawn times were shorter before, but that meant leet quick re-spawners  being around flag cap action, almost too much, for today's dwindling server population and non-leet players.   I give this tweak a B-.

Heh, remember the original spawn times?  No wonder I was still up at  5:00  AM playing this game back then. hahaha.

#20 Lin

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:16 PM

Thank you all for posting and for your patience. I was unaware of the changes and had to come up to speed. We may not respond immediately, but that doesn't mean we aren't doing anything in the background...we were discussing in our group and sharing information, and often we like to do that before posting a response so the admins are all on the same page. That prevents fast but confusing and/or uninformed responses. :) And try to remember, we're in different time zones and schedules, so that can prevent immediate responses.

We have some things to talk about, and we'll see where we go from here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com