Photo

Map Changes and Modding

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#181 kaiserj

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:46 AM

Market: There are two ammo boxes at steel bridge flag.... one at the bunker, one at the tall building.  Could we remove the expack reload from the one at the bottom of the tall  building for similar reasons why grenades/pack reload was removed from the Bocage windmill?   I could see tanks being a reason to 'not' do this, but at the same time, there is a better ammo box to restock the expacks right up at the bridge level, and in most cases, planes and our plethora of talented zookers take care of the tanks....

Don't forget the secret hidden ones in the destroyed buildings next to the steal bridge bunker.

• Stamper likes this

#182 Stamper

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:48 AM

Market: There are two ammo boxes at steel bridge flag.... one at the bunker, one at the tall building.  Could we remove the expack reload from the one at the bottom of the tall  building for similar reasons why grenades/pack reload was removed from the Bocage windmill?   I could see tanks being a reason to 'not' do this, but at the same time, there is a better ammo box to restock the expacks right up at the bridge level, and in most cases, planes and our plethora of talented zookers take care of the tanks....

Don't forget the secret hidden ones in the destroyed buildings next to the steal bridge bunker.

Yup.  I was just referring to the two closest ones, though.

• kaiserj likes this

#183 Wasabi®

Posted 03 March 2022 - 10:22 PM

2022-03-03

Bocage (CQ)
  • Removed 1 Tiger from Axis main base
Battle of Britain (CQ)
  • Bots should no longer enter Allied Radar Towers
  • JU88 locked (Allies cannot enter)
  • Allied AA guns are locked (Axis cannot enter)
  • Airfields reload ammo faster
Battle of the Bulge (CQ)

The following ammo boxes now also supply health

• Ammo box at the north-east cappable flag (across the bridge from Axis main, with the tank spawn)
  • Ammo box to the north of the Church
  • Ammo box at the Windmill flag
Market Garden (CQ)
  • The Church now spawns an M3A1 APC and Sherman tank when Allies control the flag (changed from 2x Shermans)
Wake (CTF)
  • Landing craft changed to Allied LCVP

• Major Sleep and Capn Cackler like this

#184 smudge

Posted 04 March 2022 - 05:19 AM

half the fun on market is trying to kill the xpackers in that building in my opinion :)

#185 Wasabi®

Posted 05 March 2022 - 08:22 PM

2022-03-05

Santo Croce (CQ)
  • Bottom left / right bases next to the hill are now uncapturable. Added jeep / AA to these flags..
  • Added more jeeps to the main bases.
  • Jeeps now double spawn
Mimoyecques (CQ)
  • Added a spawn APC (amphibious vehicle) for Allied 
  • Jeeps now double spawn
  • Added pick-up kits to the Bunker to the west of the beach flag (bunker with Wasserfall in it)
Essen (CQ)

Added a flag symbol to the Axis uncapturable main base (factory)

Hellendoorn (CQ)

Jeeps now double spawn and spawn faster

Kbely Airfield (CQ)
Added more transportation to Allied main, double spawn.

MoonBot
  • CTF maps are now auto skipped on Saturdays after 1pm EST due to the weekly CTF event on Saturdays
  • Anti-tank weapon kills against armor / artillery enemy in main base are now allowed, as long as the kill was made from outside the base.
  • Engineer rifles are now allowed to snipe into the enemy main base.

• Capn Cackler likes this

#186 Stamper

Posted 14 March 2022 - 05:43 PM

Could we lock the divebombers on the Midway carriers and add a PT boat (or two) to each carrier like in Coral Sea?   It'd be nice to have something other than the AA to hit planes or ships with when you're stuck defending the carrier by yourself.

#187 Wasabi®

Posted 18 March 2022 - 05:43 PM

2022-03-18

MoonBot

CTF maps during regular rotation are now automatically shortened to 20min.

#188 Rapid Fire

Posted 05 April 2022 - 09:10 PM

On Bocage can we move the flag at the sawmill back to the original position with the original flag radius? It would provide more hiding spots from the grenades imo

#189 Highway Man

Posted 05 April 2022 - 09:17 PM

Could we give Highway Man more spare time to play??

#190 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 06 April 2022 - 02:40 AM

On Bocage can we move the flag at the sawmill back to the original position with the original flag radius? It would provide more hiding spots from the grenades imo

That move is part of the balancing of teams on Bocage.

#191 Rapid Fire

Posted 06 April 2022 - 04:38 PM

That move is about a decade old…. When’s the last time it was tried back in the original spot?

#192 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 07 April 2022 - 03:23 AM

That move is about a decade old…. When’s the last time it was tried back in the original spot?

Don't fix what isn't broken?

#193 Stamper

Posted 08 April 2022 - 02:21 PM

Could we....

Bocage - Add non-spawn APC to sawmill spawn instead of a scooter for something better to use when planes pound the AA gun flat.  Give axis a second APC (not a spawn one, though, obviously)....  I've encountered the issue of just wanting to shoot planes with the APC (as to not waste a tank) but someone spawns in it (bot or human) and innocently starts driving off.  

Britain - Double spawn the APC's for Allies and keep the bots from getting in vehicles.  

Also Britain - Can the spawn points for the airfield factory be adjusted so that the Allies don't spawn right next to the factory with a full wrench kit?  It is basically broken in favor of Allies to empty their wrench, jump out in front of a bomb, only to spawn again and wrench again with a full kit within seconds.  Maybe this is the intention of the current spawn points, but in today's most recent round of Britain, I died 10+ times in a very short amount of time, and dying/spawning actually helped a handful of us repair the factory as effectively as 10-15 engineers, and within about a minute the factory went from a quarter to full health despite practically every axis plane pounding the crap out of it.  We more or less had full wrench kits every 10 seconds. I get that engineering on defense is how you more or less have to do to win as Allies, but it seems a little broken as is due to the spawn points.  I never thought being spawnkilled (which is fair on this map) would ever have an advantage lol. Hope that all made sense.  

#194 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 08 April 2022 - 05:00 PM

Could we....

Bocage - Add non-spawn APC to sawmill spawn instead of a scooter for something better to use when planes pound the AA gun flat.  Give axis a second APC (not a spawn one, though, obviously)....  I've encountered the issue of just wanting to shoot planes with the APC (as to not waste a tank) but someone spawns in it (bot or human) and innocently starts driving off.  

Britain - Double spawn the APC's for Allies and keep the bots from getting in vehicles.  

Also Britain - Can the spawn points for the airfield factory be adjusted so that the Allies don't spawn right next to the factory with a full wrench kit?  It is basically broken in favor of Allies to empty their wrench, jump out in front of a bomb, only to spawn again and wrench again with a full kit within seconds.  Maybe this is the intention of the current spawn points, but in today's most recent round of Britain, I died 10+ times in a very short amount of time, and dying/spawning actually helped a handful of us repair the factory as effectively as 10-15 engineers, and within about a minute the factory went from a quarter to full health despite practically every axis plane pounding the crap out of it.  We more or less had full wrench kits every 10 seconds. I get that engineering on defense is how you more or less have to do to win as Allies, but it seems a little broken as is due to the spawn points.  I never thought being spawnkilled (which is fair on this map) would ever have an advantage lol. Hope that all made sense.  

I don't think there are spawn apcs on Britain for Allies, are you confusing it with another map? Regarding the spawning next to factory, I have never seen that as much of a problem, especially not when the Axis had like 9 JU88s.

• Stamper likes this

#195 Stamper

Posted 08 April 2022 - 05:41 PM

Could we....

I don't think there are spawn apcs on Britain for Allies, are you confusing it with another map? Regarding the spawning next to factory, I have never seen that as much of a problem, especially not when the Axis had like 9 JU88s.

Gah - my fault on how I worded that.  By 'double spawn' I meant have two instead of one APC at the factories/airfields.  By spawn I meant 'appear'.  I'm terrible at wording things - sorry 'bout that!

In regards to the second issue with Britain, it was just kind of gridlocked today.  I think if the spawn points were farther away from the factory (where less bombs fall), then people can also be closer to APC, AA, or whatever else they do and get away from the factory.  A few days ago when I played Britain I just gave into being killed and spawned wrench with everyone else getting spawnkilled an inch from the building, and a las, we won because Axis couldn't damage the factory.       The issue isn't that people are killed right next to factory - I guess the issue is where there are either a few or tons of engineers and they have full wrenches the moment they spawn seconds later after being killed.  It was odd being Allied and watching Axis drop every bomb they had (with decent pilots, too!) and we still won because of that.  The flak wasn't even that heavy either, about normal.

Just trying to help Axis have a chance when Allies has some brains ;).

#196 Stamper

Posted 16 April 2022 - 11:01 PM

Idea for Market...

Remove expack reload at the box at the bottom of steps next to steel bridge flag.  This isn't like when the Bocage windmill expack reload was removed due to 'certain players' endlessly spamming the steps.  

The difference here involves a flag.   Packspammers simply seem to control the flag regardless of which team has the upper hand the whole match.  I'm not convinced tanks are a reason to keep the pack reload on that box because there are several more boxes near the bunker, at the bunker, plus an APC.  

Removing the reload won't stop the packing itself from happening, but hopefully stop the spamming and keep the game moving....

#197 smudge

Posted 18 April 2022 - 12:54 AM

can we get a blue apc on omaha? could help allies get a foothold at top flag.

• Captain John H. Miller and Capn Cackler like this

#198 Colonel Tavington

Posted 18 April 2022 - 09:59 AM

How about an inland paradrop for the Allies on Omaha?

On Britain,  if the Axis pilots concentrate on the factories first (while the Allies are spread out over the map), then Axis stand a much better chance of winning than leaving one factory for last when all the Allied engineers are around it.  But trying to convince some of the players of this is the challenge...

• Capn Cackler and Stamper like this

#199 Wasabi®

Posted 18 April 2022 - 03:13 PM

I think an Allied paradrop on Omaha would only work if we made the back flag an Axis uncap. Otherwise it’s too easy to cap out for Allies.

#200 Stamper

Posted 18 April 2022 - 07:37 PM

can we get a blue apc on omaha? could help allies get a foothold at top flag.

Either Ax or Simple used to have one and it was a good help - if you could keep it from tipping going up the hill though! One grenade used to send it into a tumble lol.  

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com