Photo

disruptive players in mornings

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 smudge

Posted 18 November 2021 - 08:19 AM

Players such as "fan" and "bfsoldier" come into the server with no intentions of playing the game. They only connect to team wound team kill and ram planes on take off not to mention the trolling in chat. They get kicked multiple times just to come back and do it all over again. even changing player name to "ban me". as there are rarely admins on at this time may i make a suggestion for 3x minus score kicks = a 30 min ban so we can get peace to play? or maybe someone has a better idea? thanks.

#2 Wasabi®

Posted 18 November 2021 - 10:43 AM

We are aware of these players and many of them have already been banned. Note that BFSoldier is a generic name and is used by a lot of trolls 

Implementing an auto-ban on 3x kick is not trivial as there is no built-in feature to do this. 

We do have admins in different time zones who play during these hours; we'll make them aware this is happening so they can keep an eye out...

Edit: The discord is here https://discord.com/invite/Wb9FrFh

• Some Girl Named Cher and smudge like this

#3 Some Girl Named Cher

Posted 18 November 2021 - 11:09 AM

Hello Smudge. If you encounter an issue, the fastest way to gain our attention is to hop onto discord and post in the call-an-admin-urgent chat channel. If you type @Admin and select MG Admin, followed by the issue at hand, it will alert us that there is an issue. This makes for a faster response time. I know for me, it sends a notification to my phone. Trolls can certainly be frustrating, we do our absolute best to keep them at bay so you can enjoy your gameplay. We are always here to help. Thank you for letting us know! 

• MehulJ and smudge like this

#4 dodgem

Posted 18 November 2021 - 12:08 PM

They get kicked multiple times just to come back and do it all over again. even changing player name to "ban me".

Just a minor point to add regarding this: it certainly was the case for fan/BanMe (as I was the banning admin) and it may be the case for others in the future, but please be aware that you may see admins kick a player and then kick them again if/when they come back breaking the rules.  It does not necessarily mean they haven't been banned the second time round - we often ban players outside of the in-game commands for a few good reasons which I won't go into and the result is that players in game may just see that they have been kicked again.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for chronic disrupters.  I'm sure fan will be banned permanently pretty soon if he/she keeps it up.

• Some Girl Named Cher and smudge like this

#5 smudge

Posted 18 November 2021 - 02:27 PM

Good to see you guys are on top of it. thx for replies 

• Some Girl Named Cher and Capn Cackler like this

#6 Highway Man

Posted 20 November 2021 - 09:22 AM

last night on market, in the last 60 seconds, a player named fan came on, immediately started blowing up friendly equipment in Axis main..
he left on the next map, I believe.
  • dodgem likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com