Photo

stary trader

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 guidoune

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

i made a little drawing whit paint so its not the best drawing , the main idea is to show how to protect stary trader from bandit , we still need the block for the zombie unless we get god mod there but we could use smaller block (like normal sandbag)

what those sandbag do.. basically, force all outside ai(that are not on the mountain) to come by the 2 entrance so its easyer to defend ourself, for those on the mountain well we can easily hide and shot them
from inside,

for the bandit spawning inside.. i think you can ''remove'' area for spawning ai whit the new ai we got.. so at least that would force ai to spawn outside the trader area

i would have build the wall but cant build in city

Attached Files

#2 Edamame

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

Or we can learn to peek around corners and pay attention to where shots are coming from. Occasionally you will still get shot but if you are paying attention; it is greatly reduced.

If you have trouble with bandits in cities. Go to a a smaller town and fight the bandits. Most small towns will only spawn 1 set at a time. It's a good way to learn how to deal with them in an urban environment. Running fast and not checking around corners is an easy way to get killed by them.

#3 guidoune

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

problem is not fighting bandit, problem is having trillion of bandit in stary when you trade, even spawning in the trader area

i dont mind fighting them in a city, but i want also to be able to trade at stary whitout getting shot each 2 minute ,

#4 Edamame

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:31 AM

I trade in Stary with no problems. I deal with the same spawns you do. I have yet to get killed by them or really even bothered that much by them. It takes a bit longer now since I have to usually hunt down a couple and kill them. That's only if they start to get close to the traders. Yes I have dealt with them when they have been in the trader area.

This is a survival game. Everywhere should be dangerous.

#5 guidoune

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:23 AM

well in survival .. you basicaly pointed it.. my defense is a way to survive better..

#6 Shaun

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:37 AM

lol love it ?

#7 Edamame

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:26 AM

Or as I pointed out before. Learn how to deal with the bandits. Learn to adapt to the game instead of asking for the game to be changed around you.

#8 Edamame

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

Also you do know that bandits have yet to be seen at Bash to my knowledge. Pretty sure Klen is much safer than Stary.

Point is there are other safer options to do your trading. Stary is more centrally located and has the black market trader but it's more dangerous. That's the price you pay for convenience.

#9 guidoune

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:29 AM

if we go that way.. why did we build base, get guns and such... to defend ourself, why are you against making a wall that would help us protec ourself.. ist that the point of the game.. if not..

hope to see you doing mission whit the axe only then lol

#10 Edamame

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:34 AM

Lol

Hyperbole doesn't support your case for a safer Stary trader. If you want to have a real discussion about the issue(s); then feel free to be less dramatic.

As I have shown you in my previous posts. You already have safer alternatives. You also have ways to learn the AI and minimize their impact on your gameplay. You just don't want to try and/or utilize those.

#11 LoverBoy.USA

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

The dayz epoch mods and devs have promised a trader safe city soon.

#12 Randigar

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

Ok guys this is starting to become a little like a mini war zone. to be quite frank Stary has enough crap built at it and does not need the extra load added. I have yet to be killed at any trader by the roaming AI shot at yes killed no be more aware is all I can think to say.

#13 Lin

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

Stary is classified by the game itself as a "risk" trader, and not a "friendly" one. The other traders carry less risk and have the same menus as Stary, with the exception of the Black Market trader.

Stary is way too laggy to add any additional items. I have actually been looking for things to delete and will likely be deleting a lot of the vehicles in the area.

While we will see what the devs come up with, I have no idea if they have Stary in mind, or one of the other traders...or perhaps even all of them. No clue. Until then, however, you can still trade at the friendly trader(s), and/or trade at Stary if you have someone to watch your back. Reciprocal agreements could probably help those who don't want to be shot in the back...just something to consider.

I do believe we have enough commentary on Stary for right now, so I will go ahead and close this thread. Thank you to everyone for your input!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com