Photo

Possible Easier way to sell Metal Floors

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Adazca

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:56 PM

Some of us were thinking that it may be easier to come up with a price per metal floor, for those that are making them to sell and to manually put them in the wholesaler(s) to restock them, instead of only being able to buy them when the seller is online only.

Any thoughts?

#2 Enforcer

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:46 AM

There is that word again.."easy". Why should this game be made easier for the sake of convenience and ease. In my opinion, risk, time and reward all go hand in hand. That is part of the game. It fills the "time" I have to game. Could I go to the trader and buy 100 fish for my storage area. Sure, but, the game is to go and fish and get them from free. Sure it takes time..that's what the game is all about.

One could argue that you are asking for the same opportunity withe metal floors. Why not sell metal floors to the masses so as to save time in making them. Because that's the game..making them. Getting supplies, and watching your toon go through the building animation over and over again. If you want metal flooring vs wood, that is the price of admission.

So my vote is no to adding metal floors to any trader. You want metal..make it or pay someone else who has more time than gold to make it for you.

#3 Randigar

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:59 PM

Enforcer I do believe he is talking about adding them to the trader however not stocking them would be a player only stock so they could make them for a profit and actually craft them to sell.

#4 Adazca

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:14 AM

Okay, ummm didn't expect that kind of reply Enforcer.... Thanks really feel welcome to voice my thoughts or opinions now >.>

And Randigar hit my idea right on the head..

#5 Enforcer

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:36 AM

My interpretation of your idea was:

You wanted to stock metal floors in the trader to buy them vs any player having to make them. In rereading your post, I see the idea what Randigar said is what you said, but, I didn't read it that way. So for that I apologize for not paying closer attention.

But, I do stand by my opinion of making this game "too" easy. It is not a game of ease and having to "survive" in this game setting is part of the game, and by making too many modifications for the sake of ease, makes the game boring with no risk, no challenge, no time to get the prize. The prize in this case, is metal flooring. Once all the floors are in place because a player can just go out and buy them, then what? If, on the other hand, a player has to make them out of four panels, which are made out of four poles and four tank traps, which the poles are made from scrap metal etc. That takes time..and after the time invested in making the items, the floor is the reward for taking the time to do it in the first place. And after doing all that, you have a metal floor five by six panels..THAT is an achievement vs just going to the trader and buying 30 floors for thirty briefcases.

And finally, everyone is more than welcome to share their ideas. But, just because it is suggested, does not mean it will be implemented. And if the thought is not implemented, don't get your feelings hurt. There is much that is discussed and then decided not to do for one reason or another. I don't mean to trash anyone's ideas, but, I am allowed to express my opinion, as you have expressed yours.

#6 Adazca

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:56 PM

Alrighty then, seeing it that way (from the buyer's perspective), I understand. I was stuck in the seller's perspective.

Thank you for the replies.

#7 Lin

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:33 AM

I'm checking out a different way. I just placed a safe at Stary that goes through the wall, and will give out the combo to buyers. I'll be selling 5/bc, and it will be an honor system.

Will that work for ya? :)

#8 Warrior124

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:47 PM

Another way would be to set up a place where anyone that wants to make metal floors and sell them can do so. I'm planning on doing this, myself, and mark a position on the map when I do have alot to sell. I may recruit help as well, lol. :bthumb:

#9 Lin

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:16 AM

That is great, the more of us that can do this, the better.

I think the main issue was available of stock when the seller is not in the game. We have overnight players, and by setting up the safe in Stary, they're able to buy floors when I'm not online. :)

#10 Mrgiggls

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:59 PM

Enforcer.....you're killing me with this inconsistency.

You say you don't want to make the game easier, just for the sake of convenience because it diminishes the value of something. There should be risk and reward and time spent in the pursuit of the more valuable. These are sentiments that I wholeheartedly agree with.

I cannot for the life of me understand why you'd want to pick up a chainsaw solely for the purpose of giving away. I'm not at all mad about the chainsaw. I earned it and looted it, and was about to be on my way with it, when you talked me into putting it back.

You all know my views on how to treat new players. But in case anyone needs a refresher: Giving new players things is NOT helping them. You are taking away from them the full experience of DayZ. I don't care if your talking about a ride in your SUV or a heli full of guns and gold. When a new player is just handed something, how much less does he appreciate it than if he did the leg-work to earn it on his/her own? Having said that, I am more than happy to help a new player. But to my mind help means advice based on my long experience, and in extreme situations a rescue from a bad spot, or even a lift back to a body to loot things that may be lost in an impending reboot. Everything that a player wants or needs is free for the taking if you know how. I gladly share that know how part, but if someone doesn't want to chop wood with an axe, check the hangars or wait for a Bandit Base mission, I think I should be able to make some coin from my hard work by selling an extra chainsaw, or fuel pump or whatever. You guys really make it hard to do that when you give the stuff away. People will come and some will stay. I honestly think that whether or not someone is given a "starter kit" has no bearing on who stays and who leaves.
When someone logs in and immediately starts asking for handouts so he can "get started" on the server, I make sure to note the name and ignore them. Honestly that is not the type of person I want to game with. I started on this server just like everyone else, and within 5 or 6 hours I had a keyed Ural with tons of supplies. The next day I had a keyed Vodnik and a safe. I realize I got this stuff quickly only because I knew how. Someone that hasn't played Epoch or even DayZ wouldn't have that knowledge. All he need do is ask: "What's the best way for a new player to make money?" If I'm not on to answer, I'm sure someone else will be. And with all the mission loot that is left on the battlefield with a map-marker proclaiming "free loot" it infuriates me to no end when I hear that a new player is whisked away to someones base and given a gun, a backpack, food, drinks and medical supplies so he can "get started on the server". Its a game for pete's sake..your not raising kids here, but the way new players are treated it seems like that's exactly what you guys are doing: Raising kids and providing for them so that they can make it in the big bad world. I know you want this to be a newb-friendly server and I applaud that. I guess we just disagree on what that means.

Here endeth the rant....boy do I feel better.

#11 Enforcer

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:51 AM

The chainsaw is not necessarily for a "new" player. How bout an "old" player that through a glitch or just poor judgement loses their saw in some kind of accident. While I would agree they could simply do a bandit base mission to reclaim their saw, that also means they would have to be on when such a mission occurs, be in the right position to engage the mission and then be fortunate to claim the saw. In this case, I was also going to red with you, however, y'all didn't wait for me, and engaged before I really could be of help.

Last I knew you were still trying to sell yours for five briefcases. And as I recall, the people with five briefcases also probably have a saw. I do have the saw you are referring to in my safe, in the event someone needs one and deserves it enough for me to cough it up for free. I don't have any plans to use or sell it. Why?

Cause I am an admin, and a founder of Moongamers. There are times, that the overall server health is more important than an individual's opinion on the game and how things should be run. And so having a saw around, it just something I have in my back pocket for an "emergency" situation where one is needed for the player to get his mind right and overcome whatever obstacle he/she just suffered.

So, I too, also ignore the new players as they are more often than not needy, and want this or want that. I offered to help a guy the other day as I was not doing anything special, and after headed to the wrong airfield I was told I was stupid as the NEAF is an airstrip, NOT an airfield. So, I should have KNOWN he was referring to the NWAF because turns out, he was trapped by AI and zeds trying to loot a barracks. It just reaffirms my belief, like yours..suck it up and learn. I will help to the extent I think reasonable, probably in a similar fashion as yours.

So, I hope that explains why I talked you out of it, for my own benefit. Well, not my benefit per se, but, for the benefit of another player when and if the time is right.

Good post though.

#12 Mrgiggls

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:36 AM

Fair enough. I don't really care much one way or another about a single piece of loot (that's why I put it back). Has there ever been any talk of putting them on the Black Market trader? Options are good. As it stands now there is only one way to get a chainsaw. Why not make them a tradeable item? Almost every other Epoch server does.
If a veteran loses his, he can just go buy a replacement, and it would be a very nice reward for people who did the Bandit Base mission to be able to sell the saw for a BC.

I guess I'm still learning all the nuances of PVE coop. I didn't realize I needed to wait until everyone who wanted to do a mission was there and ready. So far that isn't really something I've seen.

#13 Enforcer

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:17 PM

No rule says you have to wait. But, it would have been nice to do so, once a player announces they are en route to assist. But, no steadfast rule to do so. I just wanted to get my hands dirty as well.

We talked about putting it at the traders, but, in the end decided for the sake of rareness, to compromise and put it in the loot at one of the hardest missions. That way, even a person with many briefcases, could not just go out and buy one. It still had to be earned by someone, either by ground pounding to find it, or taking on the mission and looting it. Now, if a person, such as yourself, looted it and then wanted to sell it to a buyer, that is fine too. But, we thought at a trader would devalue it way too much.

#14 Mrgiggls

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:52 PM

GAAAHHHH!!! Posted Image

How rare and valuable can something be when you're either giving them away or letting people borrow them whenever they want? Putting them on the trader would devalue them? Doesn't that depend on the price you set?

#15 Enforcer

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:36 PM

How bout five briefcases?

The difference being either giving one away and/or letting a player use one is based on my discretion vs the trader where they are available for all at a price and there is no circumstance to take into account.

#16 SgtBarrett

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:20 PM

Selling to the trader for 1 brief and buying for 5 briefs would be a good tradeoff since gathering 5 briefs is allot of work and not quick for a new player. It would also give me a chance to get rid of the 7 Chainsaws I have and actually get something for them. Also, if there is a way to reset the trader quantity to 2 after server restart, it would limit the ability to buy chainsaws unless a player does a mission and sells it to the trader to increase the quantity in the trader.

BTW, Lin, I placed the Pink chainsaw in your safe yesterday, Found it a while back and remembered you saying you'd give your left arm for a pink one. It was my only one out of the 7.

Could we also talk about the formulas for mining? I like the 1 gold for 1 bar, but when it comes to iron, it is all being left on the ground since it is of absolutely NO value in the system to pick it up. Can we change the trade value to 1 iron for 5 scrap instead of 5 iron for 1 scrap?

And has anyone else seen the value of the new crafting system??? It is AWESOME!! Some of these pre-fab bases are very impressive. Chase built one that dissapeared twice after server restart. I helped him recoop his loss and helped him build a new one to replace it. Wow... Best base on the map right now, and it consists of about 25 objects. My Air bases consist of about 500 and 400 objects. I bet Randigars NEAF base consists of about the same. I imagine if we erased our bases and built these pre-fabs, the FPS would jump quite a bit. Each of the 900 objects in my bases consist of XYZ cords and angle. 3,600 database entries for my base components. That's allot of data in the database. I am seriously considering deleting my airbases and starting over.

ON THE PLUS SIDE: The base Chase built seems to render much father out than the metal panels of my air base.

Can we add more buildings to the crafting tables?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com