Photo

Your suggestions, mods, and more

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Enforcer

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:51 AM

Is increasing the cost of larger bases within our ability to change? Or is it hard coded into the plot pole? Hmm..good questions all around. I would be fore limiting the buildables per plot pole, with the bases that have already been constructed grandfathered in. We reasonably can't expect those players, admins or not, to alter their base now. But, with any future building, if they hit the limit, they hit the limit.

#22 CrashMaster

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

Is increasing the cost of larger bases within our ability to change? Or is it hard coded into the plot pole? Hmm..good questions all around. I would be fore limiting the buildables per plot pole, with the bases that have already been constructed grandfathered in. We reasonably can't expect those players, admins or not, to alter their base now. But, with any future building, if they hit the limit, they hit the limit.

I can see a problem with dropping the limit of how many things can be built around a plot pole. If a grandfathered player is 100s of parts above that limit and they need to make one change to the base they would would have to delete enough things to get under the limit to add anything back in ...

#23 Enforcer

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:39 AM

That would be a problem but, is there another way to limit things to assist with frame rates? I would hate for the grandfathered players to have to do all that work on a base, to then have to blast it for the sake of plot pole limits, but at the same time, if the overall size of the bases are fps killers, for the sake of gameplay, something's gotta give. Still crossing my fingers that after November 12th, we are going to lose some stuff and that may help with the fps stuff.

#24 Kord325

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:48 PM

I don't know if it would be difficult to do, but if you could inflate the cost to maintain bases that are over that threshold of maintainable items. If it's highly inflated only the most motivated people would be able to maintain large bases and it would allow anyone who already has one to add to it. It's just going to be a major grind to get the gold you need to keep it up, but I feel that is reasonable for having a large base. If you work hard at it with the rate of decay on the server, one could earn enough in 16 days to maintain a very large base even with the price highly inflated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com