Photo

Time for a Refresh?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 CrDraggin

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:43 AM

I think it would be great since the turnout is kinda low to use this as a opportunity to clean the database and have everyone start over. Should improve server performance too. I would not mind keeping the players' humanity that are actively on the server.

Thoughts?

#2 Lin

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:13 PM

Enforcer and I were talking about this a week or so ago. I'm for it, but what about the relatively small current population that is not on TS or the forum, how do we ask them?

#3 Warrior124

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:49 PM

We may have to ask them while they are in game if we catch them on. Maybe they will want to come to TS or forum then to voice their opinions. I myself will be returning in the next day or two. I've been working as an Uber driver paying off alot of bills I have.

P.S.: Dibs on the cave, birney, lol! :D

#4 CrDraggin

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:32 AM

We can add it to the scrolling messages? Give it a week to come in and voice an opinion and then wipe?

#5 Rivet

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:45 AM

I'll be on the next couple of dayz and I will ask the few that I see. 

My thoughts???  Yeah, I'd be good with it.  Cleanliness in next to Godliness!!

#6 Randigar

Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:41 AM

it's got like 6 people in it right now at almost 4am but I wouldn't want to go burying body after body again just my opinion on that

#7 Thirteen

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:17 PM

I don't got much so no worries for me, only made it to 48026 humanity, and I probably don't even deserve that. So rebuilding humanity does not sound fun.

#8 Lin

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:11 AM

We have some objections to a clean wipe. Is it the building or the humanity that you would rather not see wiped? Or both?

#9 Warrior124

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:24 PM

I know in the past people voiced their concerns over having to rebuild, but mostly now I think it is the humanity part. It took awhile for all of us to get to where they are now, and if they have to wait a long time to be able to repurchase high market valued vehicles and weapons after they've already achieved the humanity before the wipe it may discourage some from trying again.

#10 Randigar

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:49 PM

I am also worried about the players we have on now that are fairly new,

and have started building after playing long enough to do so.

I for one don't care about my stuff as we all know hehe

#11 CrDraggin

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:41 AM

i would do everything and start completely clean. I would also probably update the database too. So a completely clear wipe would be my preference from a server maintenance perspective. I do not play much of Arma 2, but just know we could use a refresh every 6-9 months. Last wipe was Nov. Or we just let it be. 

#12 Thirteen

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:08 PM

Is there a way to record peoples humanity levels?  And post players humanities in the admin section and leave it for admins to replentish those that still wish to play with their humanity level?

It doesn't matter much to me, as I am never really going to make it to 150K humanity, so restaring and having to get to 25k to buy a heli I want won't be to much bother.

#13 CrDraggin

Posted 30 July 2016 - 04:09 PM

We could do that, but I will be deleting all users that are inactive for longer than 60 days. No need to carry over 1000s of users.

#14 Lin

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:04 AM

When I realized I had turned into one of those who only came in to maintain my plot pole, vaults and vehicles, I stopped coming in because I didn't want to be lame. Now, all of my buildings are gone, the vast majority of vehicles are gone, and so is my wealth. I have a few gems left in a safe but that's about it. I created a temporary barrier to some storage sheds until I empty them and rebuild.

I have something to do again. Rebuilding is not necessarily a bad thing. It would be MUCH harder without my current humanity level.

That being said, I personally don't care either way whether we refresh or partial refresh.

#15 CrDraggin

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:51 AM

Ok cleaned the database of logins and old characters. ~92000 lines deleted.

- All Characters that have not logged in within 60 days - Removed

- All Dead Characters - 1 generation (if less than 60 days) - Removed

- Removed all vehicles not moved in 21 days

- All damaged vehicles. 

- All  Players login tracking older than 60 days

Objects have been left alone minus normal 21 days inactive objects.

Before  ~107307

After ~ 14630

Happy Gaming,

Cr

#16 Thirteen

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:18 AM

So if we see floating safes/ etc we can just delete them right?

#17 CrDraggin

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:11 AM

yesir

#18 Lin

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:22 PM

Someone just went a little wild with deleting. I had put a few hours into salvaging what was left of my Stary base less than 2 weeks ago, and now the sheds with rockets, ammo, repair, and building materials have vanished, along with the newly built metal floor walls. They were deleted because the other shed I had in the ground is still there, so it wasn't decay.

I am not amused.

#19 Hollywood703

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:56 PM

Craig, in addition you can remove our base and all items........came in today to give it a try, not knowing now that reds had armor....shipping containers mission, took down my wildcat as I approached.....Kept all my gems in my backpack accidently, so atleast I would have a start if I came back. 5 attempts to get body from the outside, including getting shot thru 2 buildings by armor....So my arma days are done.....I will be deleting it from comp as soon as done posting.

#20 Rivet

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:07 PM

I'm sorry to hear this Hollywood.  If there is anything I can do, I have a Wildcat you can have.  I also, have a few extras that I would gladly give to you. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com