Photo

New PunkBuster issues!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Housen

Posted 28 April 2005 - 07:23 PM

So, PunkBuster hates you and keeps kicking you. Lets fix that.

Log into the Moongamers server. Open your console (Default is ~). Type in "PB_Security 0". This should allow pb to update with the server. If you did this correctly you will get a message to the effect of, PB_Security [0=no, 1=yes]

If your worried about this is. Here is your explanation.

PB_Security [0=no, 1=yes]
When set to 0, PunkBuster will accept all "update" files without verifying that they are authentic; the default is 1 which should not normally be changed except for LAN environments where there is no Internet Access and/or you fully trust the Servers you are connecting to.

#2 Lin

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:11 PM

That is a great temp fix, but your PB will need to be updated.

Punkbuster has been updated. Download the following file for Moon Omaha Beach:
http://www.moongamer...files/pbweb.exe

Place this in the pb folder which is most likely:
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\pb

and execute pbweb.exe

Credit to Hydlide of BUGS from whence I shamelessly stole the above, changing the server name to protect the innocent.

#3 KAOPECTATE

Posted 29 April 2005 - 01:42 AM

Check out the brains on Lin! :afro:

Attached Files

#4 Enforcer

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:39 AM

That was close kao, but how bout this..

Brad's Big Brains

#5 fishfearme,wmnluvme

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:51 AM

Check out the brains on Lin!  :afro:

and what mighty, big brains they are. Yes, Lin has two energetic, large um, brains, and my arent they a pleasure to watch in action. They are especially nice to look at when she is on top of everything. :cool4:

#6 waubamik

Posted 03 May 2005 - 01:58 PM

HAHA, back on topic tho if we dont get repeadidly (sp.) kicked do we still need to update

#7 Lin

Posted 03 May 2005 - 03:14 PM

No, it means you're fine. If you keep getting kicked it means you have a problem.

#8 MyStIkAl

Posted 03 July 2005 - 06:50 AM

Hey man, Im new to the scene and just want to know, what the frick is punkbuster and where do i get it???

Attached Files

#9 Numa

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:22 AM

What he said.

#10 Lin

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:41 PM

PunkBuster is to Battlefield what VAC is to CS:S.

When you install Battlefield you are asked if you want to install PunkBuster now. Always respond "yes" because trying to go back to get it is a PITA.

Just as games are patched from time to time, so is PunkBuster. It used to update automatically but the last couple of patches have been problematic to the point where they were not updating and kicking players from servers globally. Because of this, most who have to reinstall the game will have to also reinstall the game patches and then run pbweb.exe (see the post above) from the Battlefield 1942/pb folder in order to update their PunkBuster to successfully play the game.

#11 MyStIkAl

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:34 AM

Ok so just shoot me already. :gunsmi: I have updated everything including PB, at least i think i did, i saved The new pb update to the exact folder and i played Omaha beach just last night, i set my in game pb_security to 0 and Im baffled. Any ideas would be much obliged

~MyStIkAl :bop2: :shoot: :shoot2:

Attached Files

#12 Lin

Posted 04 July 2005 - 02:59 PM

Once you have saved pbweb.exe to your game pb folder you have to run it. Double click on it to run it; it will open up a DOS window and will take a few minutes to complete. When it is done it will tell you to "press any key to exit..."

Make sure it completes successfully. If it doesn't you will need to run it again until it does.

Please note the pb_security trick is only a temporary in-game fix until you can update PB. You DO NOT have to do the pb_security thingie (that's a technical term) if you have updated PB.

#13 kaiserD

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:42 PM

SWEET!! i totally missed this thread, played BF yesterday and got kicked, then played again today and got kicked. luckily a certain server pixie was around and told me about the little bypass trick, but more importantly about the update. thanks!! :)

#14 MyStIkAl

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:22 PM

Really this time just shoot me. I have updated, ran pbweb.exe, pb_security 0 and still I keep getting punk bust"ed" it says kicked via punkbuster blah blah blah, something o/s privelages really getting mad here :shoot:

#15 Lin

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:18 AM

I'll shoot you if you don't read what we have been writing.

DO NOT USE PB_SECURITY 0 in game if you have updated!

Now, let's see if you have been reading the rest. Tell me the exact directory where you put pbweb.exe and what you have done with it once you downloaded it.

#16 Wasabi®

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:17 AM

I saw him try to come in in-game today. It said that he was kicked because he didn't have enough Operating System priveleges . MyStIkAl, you need to be running Windows on an admin account, or else you can't play BF even if you have security enabled and updated PB.

Thanks

#17 Lin

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:18 AM

Absolutely you may post here, and thank you!!

#18 MyStIkAl

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:19 AM

Ya i realized that just last night, i finally put 2 and 2 together (4).

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com