Photo

@#%&! Weapon

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: @#%&! Weapon (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Which weapon do you most dislike being killed by:

1. Assault - MP 40 or Thompson (5 votes [15.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

2. Support - BAR or STG 44 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Sniper (7 votes [21.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.88%

4. Rifle - K98, M1, or Carbine (3 votes [9.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

5. MG (3 votes [9.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

6. Rocket - usually from Redshirt (6 votes [18.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

7. Nade (2 votes [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

8. Hand weapon - knife/shovel/punch (5 votes [15.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

9. Pistol - Colt or Broomstick (1 votes [3.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kerfuffle

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:58 AM

We all have one weapon we find most irritating. The one which stops your perfect bezerking run of kills seemingly every time.

Which one is yours?

#2 dj_spleen

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

K-98 can kiss my.....

#3 duff

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:02 AM

thompson....especially out of long distance... dont wanna sound like those whiners who r always like "uuuuhhhh thompson is such a noob weapon its so imba...only people without selfrespect play with em blablabal" but it is in fact kinda op...

when u get shot by k98 u always know there is some skill involved...in most cases ;)

#4 Thumper

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

Great question but I don't have a particular weapon that irks me, however a particular weapon in the hands of a skilled user such as a sniper rifle in the hands of Trigger Girl just equals bad for the opposite site

#5 Enforcer

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

The sniper rifle hands down. Running toward the flag to engage the enemy with your trusty thompson or MP40 and zing..dead from a sniper's round...not even a chance to get close..bummer..back to running..

#6 Lin

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

E. None of the above.

Being meatlaunched by Redshirt's zook...that's mine!

#7 Kerfuffle

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

E. None of the above.

That would be the rocket choice in the poll. Perhaps the next poll will be who displays the best Redshirt rocket ride? I know Lin will be a fav. It's the pixie training.

#8 Lin

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

See that's what I get when I try to do the forum with my phone lol.

#9 el-kabong

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

the engineering rifles

#10 smegga

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

What weapon i detest the most is the auto pistol the axis zook get. i cannot count the times i have survived the zook just to be blasted by that damn gun.

#11 Kerfuffle

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

What weapon i detest the most is the auto pistol the axis zook get. i cannot count the times i have survived the zook just to be blasted by that damn gun.

I used to think Smegga had a cold. Then I realized it was him saying "Redshirt" under his breath with an English accent.

#12 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

Can we also dislike a player? cause its anoying when he kills you?

#13 Kerfuffle

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

Can we also dislike a player? cause its anoying when he kills you?

Brilliant! I'll start another thread.

#14 Redshirt

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

E. None of the above.

I Looooovvveee helping pixies fly!

Now if you check the nemesis thread it won't take long to realize I hate the sniper rifle....they're tough to locate, and they kill you from a great distance....annoy the heck out of me. And yet one of my greater thrills is catching a sniper at distance with a zook, or sneaking up and shoveling them....either is sweet sweet succor for my soul.

#15 dj_spleen

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

yea yesterday 12 of my 18 kills on flash were u at the end of my broom handle

#16 Kerfuffle

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

Although I posted this poll question, I waited awhile before I answered. I figured my answer would be "hard hearing" for many DOD practitioners.

I choose the sniper rifle because it embodies two of the major design flaws of DOD - no weapon mass and no firing movement mass. Successful, high KDR snipers usually engage in clownish shooting, either the leaping crouch shot or the texas two step sidestep. Neither is realistic.

Anyone who has hunted with a rifle knows about the effects of weapon mass and firing movement mass. The heavier the rifle (read, a scope adds a lot of asymmetric weight to a rifle), the more swinging the rifle faster amplifies the control issue. If only in the real world rifles had no mass, then you could raise it to the same point every time, no matter how fast you swing it.

As to no mass shooters and moving before or during firing with a single shot weapon (no spray and pray here), again try holding a broom like a rifle, leap into the air and go into a crouch. All those one-shot headshots would disappear. Personally, I have no interest in learning a pure gaming technique.

If I had one wish to change DOD, it would be to add these two physics dimensions into the simulation...that and adding a shotgun with double aught buck. Boom!

#17 dj_spleen

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

adding a shotgun with double aught buck. Boom!

I agree there needs to be a couple classes added, a trench cleaning class-Shotgun, and special forces class-sten-gun

#18 Kerfuffle

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

adding a shotgun with double aught buck. Boom!

I agree there needs to be a couple classes added, a trench cleaning class-Shotgun, and special forces class-sten-gun

how about adding dynamite packs...Mother Spleen's cooked expacks! Explosively delicious!

#19 Lin

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

A good batch of beans would do the same thing.

#20 Kerfuffle

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

A good batch of beans would do the same thing.

Yes, Mother Spleen's "Cooked Beans in C4 Sauce", explosively good eating!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com