Photo

Stop extending time automatically

No extended time

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 trotter

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:56 PM

Stop the computer from extending the time. The point is to play several maps during a BF1942 sitting.

• Grassy likes this

#2 Spare Parts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:56 PM

"ok we will take a look at the suggestions"

#3 Angerfist

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:38 AM

• Highway Man likes this

#4 Lin

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:53 AM

Our policy is to listen to the players. Admins should be checking to make sure the majority of the players on the server are into an extension, there is no automatic extension done by the computer. The sad reality is that the majority of the players don't respond, but the admins should be trying to communicate before any action is taken on extending maps, changing maps out of rotation, etc. If this is not happening then we will probably need some remedial training.

• Hairy Russian Dude and Highway Man like this

#5 bondmaster

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:37 PM

Our policy is to listen to the players. Admins should be checking to make sure the majority of the players on the server are into an extension, there is no automatic extension done by the computer. The sad reality is that the majority of the players don't respond, but the admins should be trying to communicate before any action is taken on extending maps, changing maps out of rotation, etc. If this is not happening then we will probably need some remedial training.

Well said. We don't extend the time unless the pop wants it or we see that the current map is thriving. With the game being so old we will do what's necessary to keep the population going.
  • Highway Man likes this

#6 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:22 PM

trotter,
I have my assumptions but will not put words in your mouth. I will only ask a couple questions....
Is this happening frequently enough that you think the server is automatically set to extend the time?
When it does get extended, do you see multiple texts/hear multiple ts requests for extensions? Do you hear/see any requests at all for extensions?

#7 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:24 PM

trotter,
I have my assumptions but will not put words in your mouth. I will only ask a couple questions....
Is this happening frequently enough that you think the server is automatically set to extend the time?
When it does get extended, do you see multiple texts/hear multiple ts requests for extensions? Do you hear/see any requests at all for extensions?

Good post Hairy, I would like to add: What happens population wise when it gets extended?

#8 Grassy

Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:18 PM

trotter,

Good post Hairy, I would like to add: What happens population wise when it gets extended?

, I haven't played in a couple of weeks, probably return next week, however over the past month I was playing, Spare Parts and Twilight and John along with Coffee and Christine and Mr. Bond were very thorough about asking people if they wanted more time.  Now to be fair,  I have witnessed timer extensions resulting in people that have been there the entire map disconnecting.  I also have witnessed people joining a map that has been already extended asking for more time which adds to complications.  In overview though, I truly think the admin team is being sincere about getting a handle on this particular issue and have witnessed more of doing it the right way than not.

My 4 cents  (inflation) 

• Jubilee, Eliminator and Highway Man like this

#9 Twilight

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:23 AM

Feel free to point out exactly where if I'm mistaken, but this thread was put up because a single timer increase was made to the map of Bocage. A map which at the time, had only 12 players in on it, and, not long after the person who initiated this topic rage quit off it, ended with 22 afterwards. Doing this extension was definitely the right call by the admin. Even if they weren't participating in the round, and had only been checking in on everything like an Admin/Mod during the rest of their ongoing day.

Man speaking in the third person is a pain.

• Jubilee and Highway Man like this

#10 Highway Man

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

Although it would be nice if the BFSM would extend the time if enough people said"more time" or something like that.

I've been on a map where almost everyone wanted more time, but no Admin was on. :(

#11 Renlist

Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:05 PM

trotter,

The server clears out next map is what happens.  Gameplay overload. 

#12 mistamontiel

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:16 AM

Bocage is always a hoot and attracts players who wish to pass the time

I think if just 20+ are on well enough to smoke out tickets without time limit

#13 Renlist

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:35 PM

One 15 minute extension beyond 45 minutes is okay, but not a second 15 minute extension.  That's 75 minutes on one map.  Too long.

Nowadays it's like..."Okay all, here's your map of the day. Play it for 75 minutes, then I don't care what happens if 60% of you quit."  Ha!

For the rest of the night afterwards,  it's like...5 vs. 5.  Would that have happened regardless?  Maybe.

As far as this months voted in maps goes , how did Battle of the Bulge make it into the this rotation? It's Okay, but too often now, some Axis yahoo caps both Allied base flags early on.  How shitty is that?   

That kind of player is of limited talent or sportsmanship.  "I do it because I can, I suck at this game, but at least I can take advantage of noone defending Battle of the Buldge's Allied main base."  Congrats to you, you total pathetic asshat.   Kill the match early on because you can.  

There are hard up pathetic types who suck at this game, but try and grief the match in their own kind of way.  You know who you are. 

Iwo Jima got modded for the worse.   Why not mod Battle of the Buldge for the better?  No reply.

#14 Grassy

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:59 AM

Ren, there is not one thing that is perfect in this world, IMHO except God, Puppy breath, and the innocent's of a child.  This is one of the last outpost's for this game, ranting and being reactive isn't going to help your case,. Insulting people is far worse.

I admire your passion for the game, if you ever desire a credible voice, change your method of presentation, if then you are still not happy, you will at least know, you were civil and did your best, we don't win them all  bro

• Highway Man likes this

#15 Spare Parts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:22 AM

There should have been only one reply to this post

Stop extending time automatically.....We don't.

#16 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:12 AM

Miller Bot has this in his code though...

• Grassy likes this

#17 Grassy

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:19 AM

When a topic is posted, if finite responses are what you want after the first answer by an admin, perhaps you should have locked the thread.  That did not happen, so it actually opened the door for discussion as to why it is extended in the first place.  "Embrace the community that is left for this title" letting people "speak their mind" is needed sometimes for repeat business, right or wrong you have to step outside the box and "listen". Sometimes it is a pain in the ass, sometimes it helps. Either case, it is needs be adjusted or not, If you do not listen to the people that play here, then you will simply wind up with admins and a few members playing.  When I nominated you for adminship back in time, you told me that you may not be the right man for the job because of your demeanor, I am beginning to see that at times, however for some reason I had faith, this is why I stepped down, for being to reactive rather that proactive.  Perhaps I may be doing that now, I hope not.  Reach out and try to communicate, rather than seeing who make the most passive aggressive comments in the forums and saying" I really showed them"!!

#18 Spare Parts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:22 PM

When a topic is posted, if finite responses are what you want after the first answer by an admin, perhaps you should have locked the thread.  That did not happen, so it actually opened the door for discussion as to why it is extended in the first place.  "Embrace the community that is left for this title" letting people "speak their mind" is needed sometimes for repeat business, right or wrong you have to step outside the box and "listen". Sometimes it is a pain in the ass, sometimes it helps. Either case, it is needs be adjusted or not, If you do not listen to the people that play here, then you will simply wind up with admins and a few members playing.  When I nominated you for adminship back in time, you told me that you may not be the right man for the job because of your demeanor, I am beginning to see that at times, however for some reason I had faith, this is why I stepped down, for being to reactive rather that proactive.  Perhaps I may be doing that now, I hope not.  Reach out and try to communicate, rather than seeing who make the most passive aggressive comments in the forums and saying" I really showed them"!!

What I want and what is allowed, are usually different.  I understand that I can lock a thread, I can also edit other peoples words to suit my needs, other than changing a curse word by Renlist, I wouldn't presume to do that.  It would also be uncharacteristic of me to lock a thread, it seems juvenile to do so, I'm sure it might be necessary, but it would be something I am loathe to do.  

My comment about there only being one answer to this thread, was based on something other than letting people have a "discussion".  I noticed that Trotter, who made this fine suggestion, has not responded to any direct question posed to him.  Through my reading of his thoughts, he has a problem with Natters and Automatic Time Extensions.  Since he has not joined in the conversation, I said, this thread should have had one response.  That is as much thought as I put into that.

I do remember what I said when you nominated me to become an Admin, I think I repeated those words when Moongamers asked me to become a Senior Admin, hell if I tell them no again they might make me Core.

I don't have the time or energy to teach you the intricacies of the English language, but your use of proactive and reactive has only been right 50% of the time.  I'll try this example, Say you told me I was a bad Admin.  Apart from agreeing with you, whatever my next response was, you would see it as "reactive", because you "proactively" told me I suck. However, from my perspective my next move may be, to me, my point of view, "proactive".  To you I am reacting, to me I am "proactively" trying to convince you otherwise, or agree. or whatever.  The point is, those buzzwords you use, are just that, with no context they mean nothing.

As for the passive aggressive comment, thank you for that.  I didn't realize I was being passive aggressive.  I've been going for wholly aggressive this entire time.

#19 Grassy

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:29 PM

If I tell you you are a bad admin, it would be in reaction to something that you said or did. You’re entitled to your point of view on percentages, given your demeanor you probably actually think you’re right in your own eyes, had you not made the smart ass comment, Saying there should only have been one comment to this post, this conversation would not even be taken place. What came first the chicken or the egg?

#20 Spare Parts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:17 PM

If I tell you you are a bad admin, it would be in reaction to something that you said or did. You’re entitled to your point of view on percentages, given your demeanor you probably actually think you’re right in your own eyes, had you not made the smart ass comment, Saying there should only have been one comment to this post, this conversation would not even be taken place. What came first the chicken or the egg?

Absolutely, thank you for confirming what I wrote. Reactive and proactive are different simply by point of view.  Some would say you were "proactively" letting me know I suck as an Admin, but you say it would be "reactive" because of something I did.   I probably actually do think I'm right, in my own eyes,  as you probably actually think you are correct in yours.  My point of view should not be forced upon you, and what you believe, should not be forced upon me.  Common ground, I love it.  Now it doesn't matter which came first, the chicken or the egg, is the egg proactive or reactive is the question. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com